A Dream So Inconceivable.
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Percy's POV

The themed room of gold now tainted by the vermillion dyed floor of blood and silver shards of the one thing that would of saved me. The echoing rhythmic drips of blood slowly ceasing as the beast in front of me stares with a look of remorse, a glinting sadness that makes my stomach sink. "I'm sorry Percy" He continues looking between me and his own glass covered hands as if in denial.

Looking between my closed legs I notice tears leaving my eyes, a repeated sound softened by my clothing. I didn't even notice I was crying, I couldn't feel anything. I can't express what I want anymore, feeling my mouth open and close but no words actually coming out. I should be sad shouldn't I? Memories of myself now faded and replaced by Fenrir's intense gaze, the hope that I had before seemingly crushed in front of me.

The woman that stood beside him now crouched down next to me, "Don't worry, we can fix it!" She smiles while tilting her head to the side. The crunching of glass making me look behind her as I notice Aeon picking the shards up once again with his bare hands, his chanting of apologies still barely audible under his breath.

"I...don't know what was happening to Chris, he just took control and-...Hel why did he call you his mother?" Anubis appears animated again, breaking out of the previous shock from earlier

"I don't know?" She worriedly insists 

"Bullshit, you knew his name!" 

"I really don't know what any of you have been referring to! First it was this man who near enough was trying to kill me and now even you!?"

"Given your history I'm sure you can understand why I find that hard to believe, nonetheless you have nothing to prove that it's actually you. I mean-just look at you, you're nothing like before!?" He folds his arms in annoyance while Persephone begins searching for something in the room

"Please believe me" Some tears start forming in her reflective eyes while she walks closer to him, opening up her arms to embrace him but he steps back a little bit.

"And what do you think about this?" He asks, turning his head away from her and instead focusing on Persephone

"I don't know nor care for you married affairs at the moment, I didn't disintegrate by the mere touch of her so I'm at a loss myself here...ah, here it is" She pulls out a bag from the mess of treasures. Walking past Anubis and Hel, holding it under Aeon's hands as he continues picking up fragments of the mirror piece by piece.

"I understand you have your issues as we all do. But respectfully, do not have an outburst like that again in my palace." He stares without a word, accepting her gesture and putting the collected pieces inside of it.

"Percy you're okay right?" Athena skips over to me, rubbing her hand on my head and kissing my hair. "You said we could fix it right!?" She quickly stands back up and spins to Hel, slamming her foot on the floor as if expressing the emotion for me.

"Um...the heart to the land of dreams? it has a river there that's able to undo or...do something that the user wishes" She states as if common knowledge to us, only annoying Athena

"And what's the catch?" She taps her foot in impatience, clearly seeing through Hel's words already

"Well we can't exactly just dip the glass in it. Somebody would need to swim with it in a sense." 

"We should trust you and this mythical pool of water because?"

"Because I believe that mirror was important to your friend there" Hel once again looks at me with the eyes that everyone gives me nowadays, pity. 

"I'll do it" Aeon regains his voice and walks towards her, eyeing her body up and down with a look of distaste but continuing to stand beside her

"I'm afraid I can only take two of you at a time, so you'll have to wait. Is that okay with you?" She looks at Athena knowing the reaction she was going to receive

"And why not all of us?" 

"The man who owes me a favour there...isn't fond of company. I'd rather not disturb him, we'll come right back I promise"  

"That river is one of many exists to the underworld, if it saves time you most likely wouldn't even have to come back" Persephone adds on, while beginning to leave the room and catching Anubis' attention

"Where are you going?"

"Clothes, food, plants. We've done our part, leave the rest to them" She glares a little at Hel, handing Anubis something as she walks off and out of my view. Only hearing her tapping heels growing fainter by each step.

"I guess that just leaves us two! I wanted to discuss matters to begin with so let's be on our way" He places his hand on Athena's arm before she runs to me, surprising me with a hug and cooing in my ear. "I'm sorry for how this all turned out, you're gonna be safe don't worry" She tightens it a little more before walking off with him, looking back at me with a faint smile.

"Come" Aeon's already healed hand stretches out to me, lifting me up to stand beside him like a ragdoll. "It won't be long I promise!" Hel heads outwards to where we entered as me and Aeon stare at each other, for once not feeling his overwhelming presence squeezing me to death.

-

Adam's POV

"So do you care to explain why the fuck you attacked me like that? Nonetheless defended such an insult to our pack?" I question Rane who stares at Yasmine and Alex on the bed in front of us, refusing to meet eyes with me

"For your own safety" 

"What do you mean safety. Do you not believe I could of stopped him!?"

"I'm proud of you and I believe in you. But everyone has their limits" He raises his head towards Alex broken body, and then staring at me as if comparing us two

"You really had no faith in me did you? Who even was he?" I flip between questions in annoyance

"A man I've known for a very long time...he takes members from here...and other packs" He looks down as if in shame for admitting it

"And you just let him do this?" 

"We made a deal"

"And what the hell could a deal so great be the cost of losing our family, the one we built?"

"Safety" He tilts his head to me again, only pissing me off more

"Safety, safety, safety. That's all you want nowadays don't you? Your old frail Alpha body barely able to keep up with a beta now seeking refuge in your own home like a coward!" I slam my hand against the wall behind me, making Yasmine and Alex shift a little but still remain sleeping.

"You're not gonna tell me anything worth my time are you?" I state before waiting a moment and picking up my stuff to leave.

"He had a dream. He wants to align the world together" He catches my attention before I place my hand on the door

"Go on"

"To do that...he needs everyone to contribute just a little bit. Doesn't that sound fair son?" 

"Fair. Fair? Am I hearing you correctly? You're trading the very blood away that ties us all together just because you heard the man promise you something later in life that you most likely won't even be able to experience!?"

"It sounds unruly to you, but with our packs united and everyone at peace...we can settle down and be together and forget our different histories" He grunts while stumping down, sitting at the edge of their bed.

"Last I checked we didn't have any problems with the other packs, why do you suddenly want to tuck away into hiding now?"

"You're asking a lot of questions but not listening to me"

"Then help me understand"

"Please just get this, I'm doing it for the best of all of us" I hear him choke a little bit on his words. Turning his head away from me and wiping away what I can only assume to be tears...my father crying. An odd emotion striking through me and admittingly enough not one that I'm familiar with.

"We need to get back to Percy" Thomas breaks the tension with his soft voice, reminding me of our mistake of even coming here

"With the speed that Yasmine's recovering we'll be able to wait a little more for her, but Alex is a different story...and if she'd even leave him now begs the question." I think out loud, although hoping for someone to respond to me in my confusion

"You're not leaving me fuckers" Her groggy voice calls out from the sheets, barely sitting up to face us. "Just give me a while longer, I'll be fine." She comments, touching Alex's face but flicking her hand back in shock at what I presume to be the electricity between mates. She continues poking him but jumping each time, making me laugh at the reaction. Thomas cutting in and hugging her, "Can you take a break from saving others, please" He begs and laughs a little under his breath

"It's kind of what I do best...can't exactly deny my nature" She swipes her face but cringes a little bit when interacting with a cut from before

"And how exactly do we plan on getting there?" She calls out from under Thomas' arm

"I have an Idea that's recently came to my attention" I gaze out to the falling rain, remembering what Percy told us about these so called currents that divided us. Next time, I'm not letting him go.

-

Cliodhna's POV

I gently brush the flowers Persephone previously planted, amazed at the living artwork that she displays with ease. Becoming alarmed at what sounds like an object lifting itself off the ground. "A werewolf's body is made up of a wolf soul and a human soul, the two making up a singular being. As her body is." I continue staring at the nature, continuing to listen to the speaking man.

"So what would happen if two singular beings in one body...got separated per se?" He weakly laughs at the end but I ignore the emotionless tone in it. "And you are?" I question while still remaining with my vision locked onto the flower whether it be out of fear or curiosity, I do not know.

"Someone who wants revenge, an old friend of yours and most importantly, the King who wants his throne back." The object dropping to the floor with a slight grunt, I turn to the mangled display of a body I would normally believe to be Percy. Not this time.

 

Author's Note: I've had a migraine for 3 days, I seek a void filled jar to silently whimper into.

0