Far From Perfect But Too Close To God
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cliodhna's POV

Droplets of the false lake began to rise, sparkling with a golden twinkle from the setting sun, bouncing off each other and aligning in sequence. Circling in motion and merging together with an elastic appearance, limbs of different species all coming together from their preserved states and gradually forming a body together.

The water of the lake now completely dismissed from the giant space it used to inhibit, a headless figure stands confidently in front of it and along with a glistening veil came down her head. Twisting on and fitting itself into a disordered torso, the arms rising up and grabbing hold to press down and clank the bones together, piece by piece they click and snap to fit together.

Amidst the distraught sounds was one I was familiar with. The surrounding air being pulled through and into his lungs like a starved animal. A thudding sound of metal to the floor brings my attention to the hunched figure of Oracion.

Bashing his fist against his chest while staring up at the monstrosity made up of varying species, "Do. You. Wish to torment me further?"

"That was not my intention" Her artificially graceful voice speaks in an all too familiar tone. Opening her mouth to speak again only to be interrupted by laughter.

All eyes that were once facing the front now focused on the innocent looking boy in the back. Flailing his arms to the floor in a hysterical motion as he holds his stomach.

"Percy...why are you laughing?" His mate awkwardly leans down to pick him up, in response Percy perks his lips to imitate a kissing motion as if mocking Adam. From the sight alone I do not need Aura detecting capabilities to confirm that the boy has changed.

"I'm-sorry, that's just-too good" His laughter causing him to stutter in between his words. "You went from such a graceful bitch to...well an ugly bitch?" He attempts to move toward the figure, brushing past people and extending his arm out

A heavy slam of Oracion's fist stopping in him place before he could advance any further. "I need to ask her something, wait your turn." A tone meant to intimidate but instead causing Percy's eyes to glare with hate.

"Why...are you using Freya's face?"

"I apologise, but I think you'll agree. She was truly stunning...even if it was just a human at some point" She looks up towards the opened hole in the ceiling, smiling and patting down her hair with claw filled paws. The action causing nothing but a deep growl to emit from Oracion's stomach as he leans down, ready to charge after her.

"So...you aren't the Freya we've been believing in?" The Alpha of the Moonlit pack steps forward, holding a hand to her chest in an expression of sadness

"No. I am not, I'm something much better." She steps forward, clearing her throat to silence whatever chatter was happening on behind us.

"I'm the one you've all been sending your hopes and dreams to, the mother to you all. Your beloved Moon Goddess."

"So what happened to protecting us all!?" Yue's voice grows in intensity

"I believe you shouldn't be talking to me in that tone, correct it"

"I wi-" The moon goddess' intense gaze causing Yue to close her mouth, whether it be a physical or mental restriction. I cannot tell. To distract her focus I take the opportunity to wander towards her, holding out the prison that Percy handed to me.

"I believe you owe me" I lean it towards her, watching her soulless eyes glance at it and back to me as if contemplating it.

"Fine, do not even think of showing yourself to me once this is over" She scrunches her face up in annoyance, taking hold of the orb and clenching her hand with an audible grunt and crumbling pieces of it to the floor.

I watch as the pieces breakdown, each releasing a different pitched screech that soothes my ears. Although I can't say the same for those surrounding, they cover their ears from the sharp wails, possibly pondering or even praying that it'll end soon.

"While I have no intentions of ever meeting you again, I do not control fate. Do take care of that delicate form and albeit disgusting form of yours"

"Claiming your prize and moving on? Suits you" Oracion's words making me feel a hint of what someone might call guilt.

"I do not fight wars that aren't my own, if this does not succeed then I have my people. And I will protect them, good luck to you all"

Their faces looking understandably aggravated by my departure but that was simply what I came here to do, claim what I've waited for.

Thomas' POV

I stand still beside Yasmine as we uncover our ears from the actions of Cliodhna, a conversation involving Alphas already feeling like a crushing weight on its own but now those...beings now added into the equation? No thanks. We watch as her ghastly form simply fades with a wave towards us, having been done whatever she needed the supposed Moon Goddess for. The woman we devoted ourselves to and following on from generations of wolves pledging their fates and lives to. I imagined her form being one that carried an uncontested grace and beauty, not this...thing.

"And why now do you choose to appear? You're telling me all throughout the time you've damned the gods on your own accord, now is when you choose to show up?" Aeon's patience clearly reaching its limit

"Trust me when I say, I've tried before. But being the one who casted that curse, there was more of a punishment than I had calculated." She begins to walk up to the luminescent tree that stood within the centre of the lake

"And that being?"

"I...did not reincarnate." She laughs to herself after a deep sigh, "My soul lingered from object to object, unable to simply force itself upon another whether it be land or an organism much like the others. That is...until I stumbled upon a guilt ridden corpse, I realised my error. I didn't lack the capabilities of transferring to another. The object lacked the compatibilities with...me" She presses here hand against the tree, gradually draining the green light that it emits.

"And so I did as anything crying out to survive would do, I devoured anything I touched. Took it in and broke it down, the roots of this tree acting like my heart as it took in anything I needed. The water itself was nothing but stomach acid and a place for storage for things I liked. And well...I liked this" She pokes the cheeks on her face, childishly making a face towards the already annoyed Aeon.

"I-"

"No no there's no need for words, however I do need to speak with you all about that object you have in your bag, Oracion."

"This?" He pulls out the mirror, tilting it in her direction but keeping it close to his body

"Ah yes, although it seems empty now...far too empty." She steps closer to it, attempting to reach out but Aeon pulls it back. "Tss, I'm here to help believe it or not. I'm well informed about the plan you wish to carry out, it's just that you're quite literally going to be needing my help." She smirks to herself, turning back around and walking towards the wilting grass.

"And that would be?"

"I want a new body, this one...quite frankly is revolting from the touch to the rotten smell of a corpse. I preserved the limbs, but even I cannot undo the effect of what time has already influenced" She points to herself, running her hands down her rotten arm and a rotten leg.

"Deal" He openly cheers without any consideration

"Why should we even trust her!?" Yue steps forward once again, earning a glare from the Moon Goddess. "She felt the need to trick us for so long and right now we're just meant to jump back into giving what she wants?"

"Yes"

"Bullshit" She stomps away, returning to a crumbled down house where Melanie follows her.

Noticing Percy using his injured arm to reach out for Melanie I call out to him, "Hey what's up bud?" His head snaps back to me, his unsettling bright eyes now focusing on me more than I'd like.

Murmuring something under his breath before rubbing his head and smiling, "I just had something to tell her, I can do it some other time though..."

"Come to the front with the rest of us" I tug on his arm, feeling a cold sensation go through me that causes me to let go. "Are you cold or something...? You don't seem to be losing enough blood in that arm to be going cold on us buddy" I smirk, hoping to get a similar reaction from him. 

"No" He rubs my touch off him but continues with my gesture by walking in front

"Is he cold?" Yasmine tilts her head to the side, smirking with an idea.

"Yeah"

"Perfect" She claps her hands together, sliding them side by side until a spark ignites.

"YASMINE WAIT!"...She did not wait. She slams both her open palms against his back, pushing him slightly and bringing the attention back to us.

"Why would you do that!?" He flings his arm behind him in reaction as if trying to hit her.

"He said you were cold! What else was I meant to do!?" She laughs to herself not understanding the issue with that at all but her smile quickly fades as it replaces a serious facial expression. Her eyes now focusing on the back of Percy's clothes. "I didn't burn him." She whispers with a voice full of nausea and sickness as she stares at me with cold eyes. 

"Thomas...I didn't burn him"

"So?"

"I was...trying to burn him"

"Oka-"

Aeon's voice increases in volume to cut us off, slamming his foot to the ground in aggravation. "Back to what you were saying, why do we need your help?" Turning the attention back to himself. Sure he won't kill us...just yet anyway, but man if looks could kill we'd be dead as hell.

The Moon Goddess attempts to reply, "Wh-" only to be interrupted by what sounds like an explosion above us. The cave beginning to close on itself as a result of the final piece of pressure being slammed upon it.

"EVERYONE OUT NOW!" Both Adam and Alex scream out with a throat straining volume, causing the hordes of wolves and those shifted to run along with them. A small yelp being released when Aeon picks up the Moon Goddess, dragging her through the air behind him like a kite...that has got to be a personal vendetta. 

-

Yue's POV

I can't do this anymore. My status as an alpha, my people, my home. I'm losing it all. It's all happening right before me and I can't do anything about it. I sob against the floor...for the first time in years I cry, tensing my fist and slamming it into the ground. Again. Again. Again. Only stopping as I look at the shifting image of a beast in a fragment of glass, her white hair thrown about and messy, a dirt covered face and yellow...eyes. I'm staring at me, aren't I.

"Yue..." A small whimper from my mate soothes me, touching my shoulder and sending a serene chime throughout my body. My immediate reaction to embrace her before she can speak. My vision being taken over by a fade of white as a new environment paints around me with my clairvoyance acting as a guide for the future.

A storm of red fading down, deep yellow eyes forming from within. A silent chill forming up my spine as the emotions behind me rumble with fear and anger. A sound that hits my soul and shrieks my heart to death. I know what just happened, but I don't believe it, I will not believe it. "I mean, now we can make sandcastles out of her. Right!? Don't be mad Yue, I did us all a favour. You'll get your turn no need to be so hasty" His smug laughter causing my vision to turn red as I become focused on one thing...killing him. I take a few steps back, viewing his aura for what it's worth. Streams of black and white twisting together to form a figure of a wolf around his small body. That is not. Percy.

Reality turning back to me after I feel the tears of my mate falling to my bare feet "Yue...he tried to kill me."

"Percy?" I ask to confirm. Only hearing her cry louder against my chest.

"N-N-Nobody was listening to me...please...Yue I don't want to die".

"You won't, I can promise you that."

Our peace disturbed by the sound of whistling followed by a heavy explosion, "EVERYONE OUT!" An echoed pitch of two males rings through my sensitive ears, a crumbling of stone falling not too far from me...our home is truly coming down.

 

Author's Note: Meant to post another 3k word chapter but I'd rather not have 4+ POVs in a single one. Damn I'm dumb.

0