The Boy Who Was Granted A Familiar Wish
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Oneiros' POV (Flashback Unknown time period)

The man who has no boundaries, the man I looked up to for all my years, the one I call my father. Neglecting my help once more, although I can't say I blame him. The last Lycan we tracked down, the reincarnation of Skoll. The eyes of a beast that had a similar glimmer to my father's. I can't help but be shook by the unyielding gleam of beauty that those eyes hold...his fur reeked of strength, something that I did not have. And I'm tired of it, waking up day by day just to sit on the side-lines and risk his life for everyone. "I'm tired of being a burden..." I tense my rain drenched fist, falling to my knees and punching the muddied ground under me. "I'm tired of being weak". I continue mumbling to myself keeping my eyes closed and embracing the harsh rain that falls around me.

The calmness of a repeated splattering of rains to the puddles around me as if the sky was crying for me. I left him for a moment, just to clear my head and think about how I want his world to look. A world of peace, one where Lycans were either erased or forgotten, a world that allowed freedom...and I wanted nothing more than to help him. I sit and listen more...the dripping leaves that spin off the trees, a moonless night that leaves me with just the looming dark. A moment of serenity washes over me...until I hear it. The thudding of a heart beat.

๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ

"You...want to get stronger?" A child's voice whispers through the rain

๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ

"You...need to get stronger?"

๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ

The alarming sound that my father referred to as "A call". The resonating sound of a Lycan's heart. I open my eyes although making slight difference to the darkness that surrounds me. Standing up and spinning my body around until I can make something out, I turn right, right again, right once more. And I realise something...I saw it already. I turn to the left. The alluring eyes of what some would shriek in fear at, an unnatural gleam that rivals the sun's radiant glow. "I can give you what you want..." The child's tone begins to sink. Gradually coming more into view, a head of a human, legs of a human. But his arm that rests along the tree lining, a pure white furred paw with claws that carve down the tree.

My father told me that Fenrir's fur was grey, Skoll's pure black coat and Hati the beast that devoured the moon, was white.

"I-I-" I stumble back into the muddied floor as the tree collapses down

"I can give you that power you need...just let me in" He pulls himself closer, a small limp as his bloodied leg gets dragged through the mud. A tiny gleam of moonlight shining through the treelines now, showing off his insatiable grin whipped across his face. "This is all to protect the ones you wish right? I want the same" He limps closer to me. The finger tips in his human hand beginning to extend out, gradually pushing out the human nails to reform the wolf-like ones. "I need you to accept me."

"I-" A strike of thunder in the distance interrupts us, the sound causing the Lycan's hairs to stand up as he leans closer to me impatiently. Grabbing my arm and no longer smiling.

"We can help each other, the power to make your dream come true. All you have to do. Is let me. In" His frame grows in size as it gradually towers over me.ย 

He can help me. I can help father with him, all those stories he's told me. I'll be able to help him, I just need to let him in. "I...accept you" I mutter under the beating rain although his ears still hearing me perfectly.

The response causing him to tilt his head and smile, the moonlight now causing his fur to glow under it. "Perfect"ย 

"So wha-" A burst of human flesh and meat scatters from the body I was just viewing. Replacing himself with a fully sized Lycan, holding up one of his arms and slicing the hand off. My stutters getting ignored as he looks around before grabbing my jaw, ripping it downward and tearing the flesh from my cheeks apart. My screams silenced by the burning sensation of what I could only describe as lava being poured down my throat. His stares of rage expressed by his increasing force of shoving his arm down my throat, pressing it against my teeth and forcing me to bite down on him.ย 

"I know what you are. I know who you are. You weren't a random selection, don't flatter yourself in believing that. But our ideals align...and that is enough for me." He continues starts frowning as another strike of thunder rings through my ears. The heightened senses causing me to feel light headed, the circulating river of heat that scorches the veins in my body. Steam beginning to erupt from the Lycan as he decreases in size bit by bit. Tears forming in my eyes while the previously cracked jaw repairs itself.ย 

The sight of the Lycan now disappeared from my view, an overwhelming dizziness overtaking my head before a sensation of death screams at me, a razor sharp wind followed by the rain being silenced as if the sound itself was cut to nothing. The surrounding trees now launched into the air, frozen and shattered along the ground. The moon now perfectly shining through, a moment of serenity taking over my body as I glance from the glimmering sparks of ice in the sky and instead lay my eyes on the moon. "It's...so pretty" I whisper under my dazed state.

The thumping of feet coming to a halt followed by the drop of a heavy object. I turn my head back, smiling at the sight of the lustrous eyed beast I call father. "I'm...like you now...right?" I fumble back into the puddle, smiling despite the stinging pain in my face.

"What...have you done?" He stares at me, not with a look of happiness, not with a look of approval or satisfaction. No this was an emotion I haven't seen him use before...fear?

"This means I can help you now, right?" I sit up, turning myself to face him proudly but he doesn't respond with the same.

"What...have you done?" He asks again, only this time seeming defeated and conflicted at himself. I stand up, lifting a foot and causing a puddle splash while I take a step forward. Stopping in place and becoming fascinated with the image painted within it. Those same golden eyes that make the sun jealous. Lifting my hands to my face I touch it in awe.ย 

"Oneiros" His hollowed out voice hums

"Oracion" I chime back, rising my head to see his eyes shaking in anger. "Isn't this what you wanted? For me to get stronger so we can fight together and save everyone!?" I yell at him, hurt from the lack of excitement he has for me.

"If anyone had a chance to remain normal...It was you. And you've thrown it away, I'm sorry." He walks with his head lowered, bringing me in for a hug. I was going to fight it until I felt him shaking against my body. I don't understand what I did wrong and he isn't saying it. I'll help him. I'll help everyone now.

-

Oracion's POV (Present)

Even through the darkened sky and heavy rain, I cannot mistake those eyes no matter how clouded they may have become. After that night he took his own lead, hunting Lycans by his own will. Devouring them and bringing me their heads like ornaments, he brought me wolf heads. All I could see were the soulless eyes of the children he executed. A hypocritical perspective for me, and I suppose I'm the one to blame for this. Spending my years trying to correct my mistakes only to make one more.ย 

"And that's what you were, a mistake" I whisper while barging through rogues alongside Chris, taking their surprised state as an advantage and kicking them towards an area away from the waves of wolves flooding this battlefield. Their bodies digging through the ground, uplifting or crushing anything they came in contact with.ย 

"Why'd you do that!?" Chris' panicked state roars to me.

"I need you for this. But to do it here? With everyone around us? They'd perish at the simple aftershocks of our colliding forces. Now come" He shrugs it off in understanding, following me as we advance towards them regaining their composure. I scrunch my face up at the intoxicating scent of Hati's blood still imbedded into his body, I've lost yet another son. And here I am, ready to take his life. I really am the beast they see me as...aren't I?

0