Crimson Eclipse
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Athena's POV

A sudden burst of energy surging through me as I take in the sight of a battlefield of lost lives. The previously pelting rain now softening and swirling around a new focus. "Hurry!" Yue screams from in front of us all while we charge ahead. The sight of Thomas' body being dangled between the soft hands of the boy we all loved and cared for. An overwhelming familiar sense of death washing over us as shown by our hesitation in taking the next steps forward.

"PERCY STOP!" Adam hoarsely calls out while continuing to belt past us alongside Yue. Her own wolf determined to make it there before him. My stomach feeling hollow and a feeling of grieve settles in. It's just Percy right. Percy and what would be the closest thing he has to a brother, helping each other. I stop in place not too far from them, taking a moment to breathe and fully embrace the scene in front of me. My eyes blinking all too quickly at the slow images in front of me, defying the reality that's playing out in front of me. The grey wolf now slumped by his feet and rising to ash.

"Thomas?" Yasmine whispers beside me

The boy's head now locked down with his eyes shut. The two approaching wolves of black and white merely seconds away from reaching him. "YUE STOP!" Adam jumps on top of her, sliding just in front of Percy's feet and under his gaze.

"AD-" She tries to fight him off but he puts his full weight on her and interrupting any reasoning she gives.

"Percy...I'm here now. Okay?" He shifts, placing his hand across Percy's cheek and lifting his head to face him.

The torrential weather only worsening as the circle around them tightens, visibly beginning to suffocate Yue. "Percy please?" He lowers his head onto his to peacefully wait for a response.

"ADAM MOVE!" A distraught Alex holds onto Yasmine as the wind starts to drag the lifeless corpses away.

"I won't leave you" He chants while hugging his small frame. Releasing a little when Percy's head tilts upwards, widely opening his eyes and speaking, "My, have I broken up yet another lover's quarrel?".

The comment causing Adam's face to grow red with rage, unhesitant to reach for Percy's throat but a radiating pulse of black silences the gathering wind. Turning the land around us to stone as well as slicing up Yue and Adam. Sending them crashing into us while scattering blood through the air, completely halting the rain with the releasing force.

Sticking out his arms and examining himself, "This body...just won't do" He laughs before thumping his foot down into the ground. An imprint what I could only see to be owned by a giant now lowering the terrain as a black fog encases his body, spiralling upwards towards the sky with flickers of white light beaming through it. The resonating sounds of chains snapping and slamming to the ground startling us with each exploding drop to the floor. "It's been...so...long" His voice rumbles the ground.

The heterochromatic eyes mirroring that of Aeon, now staring down at us and smiling. A beam of dark light now encasing it and removing the smoke as if displaying him like a trophy. We now lock eyes on the thing we've been fearing all this time. A silver chain wrapped around his neck like nothing more than accessory, flames pouring out of his mouth with each gasping breath and a muddied grey fur pelt that darkens along the tips. A figure equal to the size of a mountain, no longer smiling and instead looking...disappointed?

-

Oracions' POV

The bright moon that shined with a crescent white above Oneiros, now dosed in a crimson coat and failing to imitate his blue flared state. My focus still drawn to him but I can't help listening to the voices whispering through the air. A telling of Fenrir's arrival accompanied with his piercing eyes digging deep into my body.

Waiting no longer I drag my sword along the floor, digging up the terrain and slicing at Oneiros. Clanking against his frozen paws he doesn't think to retaliate, instead holding the strike there to look past us.

A stalemate in the environment with the only shed of movement dying down to nothing more than our chests increasing and decreasing in size as we breathe. "ORACION!" His deep voice bursts through the air, flattening the trees between us and giving a direct view of him. My attention now drawn towards him as the sword breaks from the iced grip. The nonchalant look of Fenrir's gaze pulsing both fear and rage within me.

"Look at how magnificent you look! Truly a product of my blood!" He laughs to himself, stepping forward and causing a shockwave to boom towards us. The crackling of Oneiros flames alerting me of his movement.

"WAI-" Chris panics, stumbling back allowing Oneiros to slip past him and instead running towards Fenrir.

"I'VE ALWAYS WANTED THIS! THE BEAST I'VE HEARD SO MUCH ABOUT" Oneiros gallops towards him, freezing the terrain he runs across and burning up the remaining trees that stand. His speed surprising Fenrir and allowing him to run along his fur, forcing his claws into him as he runs up along him like a wall

"Oh!? And what exactly are...you?" He watches in curiosity as Oneiros tries to burn his fur, tugging and chomping into him like a rogued beast.

"I was chained down to the primordial weathers of gods, do you truly believe that to be even the slightest bit effective...?" He continues to ignore the attacks and instead makes his way towards me.

"You don't have the slightest clue as to who he is?" I laugh out at the ignorant beast's personality.

"I-" He tries to step forward again, only to look stunned with surprisal. Staring back down to Oneiros who's now climbed higher onto his body, spinning frantically across his body and leaving behind cinders. "That scent...both Hati and Hel!" He stomps down repeatedly, throwing back Athena and the others further as he tries to shake Oneiros off. Tugging at his own chest with his red tinted claws.

"Chris!" I yell while charging towards him similarly to Oneiros.

"ENOUGH!" He grabs the one he now recognises as his own son as well as a nephew. Truly another amalgamation of his bloodline piled on and on with a negative karma. "Hati, why do you resent me so!?" He calls to the white wolf engulfed by elements, uncaring of them gradually beginning to take an effect on his frosted hairs.

"You did nothing all these years! The world was ours to rule, ours to control! And you did nothing!" Hati's voice belts while trying to stretch apart Fenrir's fingers.

"Who spilled all these stars across the sky if not to be ruled by night and day!? That was what you two were tasked with. And look at you. Here in a body of a human, vile. Leave my sight" Fenrir spits out, raising his arm in the air before slamming Oneiros' body down with an earth shattering impact. A fissure being created through the terrain...a sudden fear striking through me as I come to a realisation, we're standing in a cursed zone. One that's releasing a pure white light, pulling in everything surrounding it.

"Oh my, isn't that a familiar sight to behold!? Tyr, the mighty god of war that was once brave enough to challenge me. Reduced to nothing but an endless stream, screaming out what one might mistake as a voice of terror. But is in fact nothing more than a new-born fighting for its survival in this world!" He looks around at the shattered ground that continues to pull materials into itself, gazing at the current and then Oneiros.

"Say...Oracion...would do you say we...have a little fun with this?" He picks up the faint body, staring at me with a sickening smile. "I hear...a current can either accept you into it. Or...break you apart like a stomach to a savage beast."

"FENRIR!" I dig my feet into the ground trying to navigate the terrain towards him

"Now now what's with that face!? I'm losing a son too! Momentarily anyway, not sure about yours though!" He laughs, lifting Oneiros' body just above the current. "You see Oracion...you were a perfect experiment. Something I made by mistake but nonetheless you were the only one who could stand up to one of my sons. And I respect you for that, for what that's worth. But something always held you back...your humanity." He drops the body into the air as it dives into the current with each passing second.

All the strength in my body that went from trying to kill the beast. To now trying to save him. An unreasonable feeling of needing to protect him now overwhelming me as I lunge my body towards him in the air. My hairs standing from my body as the current's pull begins to tug on me, this one feeling different from the rest. The others had a warmth to it. This one feels like an eternal winter breeze piercing the bones in my body. I reach my hand for his body, ignoring the searing heat pouring onto me.

A blur from below me sending my body soaring into the air, smacking me away from his body as I watch it disintegrate into the current. Fenrir's face staring at me grinning, the man Tyr was the one who sealed him the very first time. He knew this current in particular would act this way.

"Or-ac-" Oneiros' teared face tries to reach from the current, getting pulled in and breaking into nothing more than dust.

'I've failed another'

'I've failed another'

"You didn't seriously think I was going to allow you to save him!? Did you!?" I hear him snickering as I get thrown above the clouds. A complete view of the darkness and crimson moon coming into view of me. Alone with my thoughts I recall something someone said to me, 'Will you be remembered by what darkness did, or what you did with it?'. 

I take one last breath in, "Just one more time...one final time...I'll let it in"

-

Fenrir's POV

I watch the fissure seal itself back up, embracing the sight of the new world. "Oh the wonders this era must have to share!". I stare at the ground of crawling insects, although not the reaction I believed them to have. "BOW TO ME!" I stomp at their lack of obedience. Although doing nothing more than distracting them for a moment as they stare up into the sky aimlessly. My patience running at it's limit I take a deep inhale, ready to scorch the land and move on.

The sound of crackling alarms me, the sky that should be the darkest night. Now lit up like a crimson day, black and red light breaking through the clouds like a gate from the heavens. Directly above me...I can't avoid it. A sharp slash going directly down my torso and exploding into the ground as I briefly loose my footing. Regaining my composure I restlessly pound down in the spot with my fist until I get rebounded with an equal pressure. 

"What!?" I grab my fist, twisting it in denial as I stare at the growing crimson light. His eyes now staring deep within me as he takes one step at a time, towards me. Not with determination, not out of fear or madness. He simply has his mind set on one thing, killing me.

"YOU FINALLY DID IT!" I watch as his armour busts off from him, crumbling to the ground and dissipating into light. "YOU ABAND-" A ringing sound cuts past my ears, his figure of black gone. And my illuminated blood spitting out from the side of my face. "You. Cut me." 

My face beginning to twitch with rage, he believes he's above me now. Doesn't he? "YOU DIDN'T WIN ALL THOSE YEARS AGO! REMEMBER THAT!" I swing a chain from my arm around the ground, decimating the area but missing him. Seeing as his figure disappears again and reappears in my face, opening my mouth to exhale flames out but he slices my tongue. Chomping down on his arm and holding him in place. 

"You seem to be mistaken. I'm here by choice." He remains emotionless, not even attempting to pull his arm from my teeth. "Come" He whispers along with pressure building from within my mouth. An exploding pressure causing my jaws to burst open and release him, knocking my head back I glance at his posture changing mid air. Cutting down my body in a rhythmic pattern and carving into me, "THAT SWORD!" I launch swipe at the air, again missing him. The visual pressure of my swing causing a mountain to crumble down and tumble with rocks into an untouched forest. 

"The old one didn't fit me anymore..." He deadpans, continuing to walk towards me and flashing the gilded blade. It can't kill me. It can damage me. But nothing can kill me. 

"I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS!" I roar out, the land becoming volcanic as it shakes in place. A volcanic storm forming above my head as thunder strikes down around me. I step back, the trees behind me rotting and being robbed of their life as I come in contact. 

"What's wrong...you've never looked so...scared?" His eyes shake with hate, spinning along the ground and slashing at my legs. "Your size used to be intimidating. I know your brother is bigger...but what a pathetic sight it is to watch you try and navigate that body" He spits out while running along me. 

"A SIZE FIT TO RULE" I scream back at him, thunder surging along my body. Making him flinch but not hindering his advances. "ORACION!" My voice rumbling the air and setting his footing unstable but still able to kick off me and unbalancing my body once again. My foot being sent backwards against...a wall?

My eyes glance back at the runic symbols engraved into the sky. I focus my gaze along the lining of the forest. A figure staring at me with a smirk whipped across her face, "I...know you" Images of memory beam through my thoughts. "YOU'RE HUMAN, DO YOU NOT FEAR ME MORTAL!?" I blare towards her, pulsing a shockwave that makes her loose hair puff past her face, drawing blood down her forehead but she ignores it, chanting under her breath. A whistling bolt of force pelting my face and sending me hurling to the floor. A thought to shrink my body to better control myself. 

My body slamming to the ground but now remaining at an equal height with him, watching as he dives for me with all his might. Leaping and causing him to miss, "Just be-" I get tackled through the air, the one I smell to be Anubis now spiralling through the air with me. Throwing me to the ground and causing the earlier wounds on me to leak with blood, corroding the land it interacts with. A torrent of water streaming past me, lining with pain but too light to cut into me. "YOU CANNOT KILL ME!" I bolt into the wolves that are fighting desperately for their lives. Sending them flying into different directions and plummet into the ground.

Kicking an Alpha to the floor, "YUE!" An anomaly through history, those who have no reasonable hope. Now foolishly and desperately trying to harm me. Biting and standing tall despite their bones being rattled with fear.

"IDIOCY THAT CAN ONLY BE FROM THE UNITY TO HUMANS! YOU CALL YOURSELVES WOLVES!? ANIMALS!? FEAR ME, YOUR KING, YOUR GOD!" I charge after them, the air around me filling with electricity as I burst each corpse I run past into ash. Raising my hand and swiping down the disgustingly coated rose one, again repelled by Oracion. 

"You...made me, the beast in front of you that you cannot stand the sight of. Possibly even fear to some extent. Now these...the ones that are riddled with that idiotic bravery. I made these, and they're enough for me" His gold eye replicating a darkness that only myself and my children hold, tilting his head and smiling at me. He continues to walk forward and freely swing his blade, leaving remnants of black and red flow trail the air.

"FEAR YOU!? AMUSING!" The drool from my mouth splattering across the field, holding my arm up and staring at it. Shaking. "I'm tired of this." I drop my arms in annoyance, I've been playing with them too much. Breathing in one more time. "Let. It. In." I whisper to the spirits of the world. After all, that's all these curses are made up of. "Obey me." A pulse releases from me as it's centre, dropping the wolves to their stomachs. "Bend to my will." And another, forcing them to unshift. 

Oracion still standing as he picks up his blade, the previous animosity that was leaking out of him now taking it's toll, "OBEY! ME!" I stomp towards him, I feel myself inside their blood screaming to get out from the depths of their weakness. The diluted cells of their god, their perfection, I, Fenrir. 

Another pulse releases from me, engulfing Oracion as they all cry out from weakness, the skin bags that they wear having visible lumps in them as the blood rips and tears at them. "ORACION KNEEL!" A final pulse radiates across him, some passing out from the pain whereas his body finally gives way. Returning to that smug human form I once met him in. "You...haven't aged a day. How did that feel. Good, wasn't it? Yet another gift from me that you didn't once thank me for"

Watching my hand rise I tense the fingers in and out, a foreign feeling to being the same size as a another being. "It was fun, I admit that much. Maybe next time thoug-" A piercing screech compelling me to step away, heavily forcing me into the ground and causing my body to stumble back. Her green hued hair coming into view as I shake myself back into consciousness. 

Throwing my arms around I feel it get wrapped by something, "Let's play a game Fenrir..." Voices whisper out to me. A chill creeping down my hairs as the familiarity sinks into me.

"You were always too scared to play with them, weren't you?" A familiar voice giggles at me, she forcibly opens my eyes. 

"NER-" She hushes me, placing a hand on my chest knowing my other arm is trapped in the god forsaken mirror already.

"No no shh, no names here. I wish you the best Fenrir." I reach for her head, grabbing onto a strand but Cliodhna slices it. Waving me off into the growing brightness of the mirror. I'm not. Done yet.

 

 

Author's Note: I have conflicting emotions about this chapter. Didn't want to make it a singular one but had no reason not to. Now back into the theatre of truth it is.

0