These Empty Moulds.
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yasmine's POV

Our line of sight cut from the figure as Adam leads us from hall to hall, turning inwards to a flimsy broken down door that moves with the wind. He reaches out with a smile, pressing his hand against where a door would be. "I shouldn't be too long, I just want to pick out a book or two" He waves off but Alex grabs his arm.

"Adam please, we're leaving" He tries to reason with him

"Why such a rush? We just got here" Adam ignores him, brushing the arm off and walking down the aisle. The cracks from the ceiling leak onto each page he delicately flips over, his mind completely focused on finishing each paragraph.

I begin to pace the damp carpeting with impatience, each of my steps making a squishing sound to it that only adds to my tension. "Adam whether or not you like it you're coming with us" I grab his arm aggressively, causing a flicker of yellow to shine through his eyes. Throwing the book away he walks closer to size me up.

"Your father is dead Adam. I'm sorry, but you were even there when it happened!" Alex screams out to stop his advancement, earning Adam's attention.

"No he isn't, he's still here. Why would you say something like that Alexander?" Sadness takes over his expression but not long lasting as he looks toward the doorway. "See, alive and well!" He claps out.

My back turned to it but an immediate paleness hits Alex as he grabs my hand, forcing me behind him while Adam runs to the door. "Yasmine don't approach it." He firmly states before taking a more defensive stance. Turning my vision to the alpha in the doorway, his arm wrapped around nothing more than a skeleton with pieces of rotten meat attached to the bones. The hair old and decayed from the skull as its one legged body floats just beside him.

It leans into his ear, creating an audible but unclear sound from its unmoving jaw. "Is this true Alex? You want to take me away from him forever? Why would you separate family?" His posture changes alongside his stomach releasing a deep growl, the skeleton's void filled eye sockets becoming ignited with an eerie white glow.

"Adam...that's not him, please" Alex continues to reject it but Adam ignores him. Cracking his bones one by one, leaning down to a more suitable appearance even as his flesh peels into fur. "AD-" Alex screams out, avoiding his charge. Raising our heads to see the crooked shelves dropping down and collapsing on me but Alex barely escapes it. The brief moment of distraction allowing for Adam to swipe back at Alex, pinning his human form to the ground with an insatiable snapping at his throat.

"Hmmm" The skeletal figure hums out, gliding over to me as I attempt to kick the shelves off. Breaking them one by one but not quick enough, allowing it to lean down to my height and meet eyes with me. "What...are you?" I ask out with hesitation in my voice.

Brushing it's head past my own as if in a hug, hearing its jaw unhinge itself. "I am the one who whispers-I came before the others...those who scream...wail and sing with an ear bursting tone." She looks down into the pool of water beside us, raising her hand to her skull face to confirm her own words. "Yes...I am 𝘛𝘩𝘦 Banshee, Hemsa." Her white eyes continue to spiral with life, throwing me into a trance with a deep sense of apathy taking over me...

"YAS-" A faded voice screams out, disturbing the blissful peace of my mind. "-MINE" It finishes again and again...just shut up, please. "YASMINE!" He kicks a piece of the broken shelf at me, snapping my high state of mind back to reality. Meeting eyes with Hemsa's gaze once more I know what I have to do. Building up a pit of flames within my stomach, aiming with a single eye towards Adam's wolf figure. Enveloping his coat into flames and forcing him to flip over, the room's empty ambiance now filled with echoing sounds of water splashing as they wrestle with each other. The flames allowing Alex to climb on top of him, digging his claws into Adam's head as they both suddenly fall motionless in their upright positions. 

-

Adam's POV (Mental Plain)

Opening my eyes to a dull room, nothing but a singular beam of light singling out a chair. A woman spins around on it, holding...a new born, gently wrapped up in her own clothing. "They plan to separate us again, do you truly want that Adam?" Her recognisable face ignites my biological need to obey her, a voice I haven't heard ever since I was a child. Leaning down to my knees I stare at the baby's face as its eyes flicker yellow. "I miss you Adam...I've always missed you" She whispers into my ear. 

Gentle sobs of my own tears running down my face, assisted by a newly placed hand on my shoulder. "Adam, it's not her." He whispers, lifting me up to my feet from under my arms like a child. My immediate reaction to hold him in my arms, Alex. His hand rubbing against the back of my head as he speaks again, "We need to leave, please" He near enough whimpers out, leading me off into a doorframe that wasn't previously there. 

"Adam...you're leaving me, us, again, aren't you?" The previously angelic voice distorts itself, the previous whispering tone turning into a more deeper bellow. "Ad-am" An arm bursts through her skull, tearing it apart from the inside when a figure I recognise to be my father. "You aren't going" He steps forward trying to take me from Alex's grasp.

Finding myself grabbed between the two a mirror appears in front of me, showing a more childlike appearance of myself. Tears running down his face as he's forced to make a choice. "We're leaving! Now!" Alex calls out, causing the boy in the mirror to stop rubbing his sore eyes. Staring towards him with hope, rejecting the beast behind him for the final time. 

He pulls me into the door frame, running down a hallway that fades to white. The figure's size beginning to grow and crack the small passageway walls. "You-will-not-" His once humanoid stature now rumbling from the inside, shoving him side to side as his body grows and grows. The manic white eyes that call to me for sympathy, unmatched to the aggression of his body. Bursting into a pool of blood that chases us down a hall of light, engulfing us and filling my stomach with his blood until the crimson hue replaces itself with the dark. 

Awakening to my head drenched in the rain and blood leaking down the sides of my head I watch as Alex's smiling face tosses himself over in a cold sweat, tired and fighting to catch his breath. "Help-her" He huffs out, pointing towards a skeleton wearing a pure white veil across her head.

"You could of shown me...any other memory...sealed me in any other dream. But you chose that one...why?" The puddles around me vibrate, tossing and turning like the sea's waves.

A softly pitched voice releases from her revolting look. Her floating form raises from Yasmine, "I-is this why I was rejected? Is that my fate!? Nothing more than a failed project made to be redesigned!?" She shrieks out in annoyance, soaring towards me even as the jaw falls off but the water surrounding me slices her arm off in an arced trajectory.

Letting my soaked hair fall past my face I stare in astonishment through my spaced fingers across my eye, "You...you're going to make me break apart my own father's bones?" I watch as Yasmine runs behind me to Alex.

"I was put here, forced into a dying body as a vessel. Then all of a sudden it all came back to me, all at once. We were put there, sealed and forgotten like scraps to something greater" She tries to express her anger but remains in a lighter tone. Ruining what's left of the place I was raised in, looking around everything hits me at once. The damp smells of carpet, rot and the broken down walls. All faded into the dark like a rejected shadow. The false hope that life could ever willingly return here.

Kissing my teeth with the gnawing sensation of Loch trying to come out, "I don't care, go back to wherever you came from" I quite literally spit out, piercing the skull and crumpling her down to the floor. Step by step I make my way towards her, raising the drops of water from the carpet and slashing at the bones over and over and over. 

"I...refuse" She whispers out one more time, rattling the bones like a mimicked seizure. Releasing a pitch black shadow to rise from the remnants of it, dissipating from my sight in a small burst. 

Kneeling down in the water I touch the remains, staring up and using the water to disguise my tears. "You never did find peace...even in the after life, huh old man?".

-

Gabriela's POV

Headbutting myself against the books...something just doesn't make sense. Reading over and over I see nothing but the same text, no new information releasing itself to me. "Hello" A man bends down past me.

"Hello?" I stare back, looking around for Nimue and Percy but they went deeper in to the other room of the library. 

"So I was looking for something, think you could help me?" He openly welcomes me with an open arm.

"I-c-can I ask how you got in here? I don't remember Mrs Athena telling me about someone else who was meant to be here" I avoid eye contact with him, darting to anything but him.

"Keyon? The Alpha or whatever?" He points at himself nonchalantly. But I shake my head not understanding, "You know what. This'll be quicker" He sighs out, punching me across the face and sending me through the shelves. 

He walks towards me, kneeling down in front of me and crushing my glasses. His lips moving but I can't hear anything, nothing but a high pitched ringing through my ears. The sensation of something wet running down my ear, touching it and pulling my hand back to myself to confirm blood. 

"-bit weak, aren't you?" I hear what's left of his sentence as my vision and ears try to focus themselves. The library repairs the wall behind me, forcing me to sit up. His hands reach over to my hair, pulling me up high above him with it. His eyes running up and down me out of curiosity, "You know...you look a lot li-" Before I know it, a painful burst of blood releases from my jaw. Snapping itself out of position and coating his eyes in blood, my voice box feeling like it's exploding as barely visible waves of...sound? Release from my mouth, forcing him to cover his ears as the pulses rupture the shelves and sending him into the wall opposite me. 

My dizzy gaze landing on to a sudden door slamming open to catch the sight of Percy and Nimue rushing towards me. Staring with shock written all across their face, appearing as if they're shouting at me. But I just can't hear them, sliding down to the floor on my hands and knees I lift an arm with what energy what energy I have left I point towards the man. Limping his way back out the door and closing it behind him as black tendrils cover it like an overgrown moss. 

0