Perfect Chaos
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nimue's POV

We power walk towards the palace, Yue's breath shaking with each hefty stomp against the floor. Her calm posture carrying an emotional weight clearly too much for her own body, "Hey wan-"

"I'm fine" She cuts me off, continuing on to speed ahead of me.

"Guys!" I hear a familiar voice call behind us just as Yue kicks open the palace doors. Chris' large body slumped over Irene's shoulder alongside the help of Adam, Percy and Jackson.

"What happened!?" A disturbed Athena rushes through, catching the gaze of Chris and immediately rushing to him. They all wait for her to check on him as he slowly raises his head.

Clearly not the conscious one as Anubis speaks for him, "He'll come back soon, I can feel it." He reassures as Athena wraps his body in her hair, lifting the weight off of the ones carrying him.

Percy shifts the weight above him before trying to speak, "We don't know for sure, but it was something to do with his training with the sword."

My heart races a little bit for some reason, 'What sword? Oracion's? Why is it here?'. I pause, noticing it floating just behind them, turning to my own and noticing it's missing. 'Where could she of gone?'

"What happened to Melanie!?" Adam questions, running up to Yue as Athena walks into the palace ahead of us.

"I-" I try to speak.

"Nimue took her into the castle despite what we all agreed on" She remarks, disregarding what I have to say.

"Well..." Adam tries to find a reason to defend me but looks away instead, admittingly causing my heart to sink a little bit.

"Let's head inside, we'll talk about it there" Jackson advises as they all walk in, leaving me a bit behind.

-

We walk into the room with Arthur in it, seeing him sitting on the side of the bed, gradually taking off his bandages. "What?" Athena's stunned gaze pauses a bit before placing Chris' body beside him with gentle care.

"I...don't understand either" Arthur points out his healed wounds, not even a single scratch on him anymore which brings a smile to my face. My immediate instinct to go and hug him but Yue blocks my pathing, placing Melanie down in Arthur's spot as he stands up.

"Did anything in particular happen to you while we were gone?" Athena asks with curiosity, leaning her hands towards his wounds.

"Not that I can remember, you all just left me to rest right?" He responds back.

"Precisely that, so what happened?" She continues to question.

"Well we should ask Nimue since she's been sneaking around clearly" Yue remarks towards me.

"I-"

"Why did you take my mate from the safety of the pack?" She stands away from Melanie, instead approaching me with an aggressive nature.

"Sh-"

"How come you never thought to tell any of us you're going in there?" She keeps getting closer to me.

"So, what did you see in there that was so important that my mate had to be hurt?" She's practically in my face, I focus on her glowing red eyes, overcome with a riddling emotion inside me.

"####" A black orb appears in front of me.

"I'm not saying that" I state towards it.

"Why won't you say it?" Yue misunderstands.

"####" Its hue grows darker.

"I'm not going to" I hold my head a little bit as a tension builds on the side of my skull.

"What's so important you have to keep it from us!?" She growls her teeth at me.

The others in the room stare awkwardly as some try to approach Yue but decide to leave me with her, "####" Its words grow louder

"Yue...maybe you should give her a bit of a break, calm down" Athena tries to calm her a little bit.

Her head refuses to turn, instead focusing all attention on me. "I'm calm Athena, I'm just trying to understand what she thought she was doing with my mate?" I feel her eyes burning holes into my skin.

"####" The whispers slowly seep into my ears.

I cover my eyes, stuttering my next words. "Fl-ow", the orb breaks away and scatters around me, colouring the gathering wind around me to black.

"Woah" I hear them all gasp a little bit, stood up from their relaxed positions.

"And what's this-" Yue tries reaching a hand into the wind, flinching back when it slices her skin.

"I'm sorry-" I realise I hurt her, trying to reach over to her but she moves back again. Causing the pit in my stomach to grow again. I look around the room, noticing their faces...lined with fear.

"Nimue...you're human, so what is this?" Jackson asks.

"What happened inside that castle?" Arthur asks.

"What's wrong?" Percy asks.

"####" Another orb the colour of brown whispers into my ear.

I back up a little bit from them all as they assess the situation, deciding to approach me this time. "I-don't want to hurt any of you-" I try to reason with them.

"You won't it's okay" Athena tries to get in closer, extending her hand with a soft smile.

Causing me to back up into the wall as the wind begins to slice and cut its way across it, chipping away at the marble piece by piece. "Just turn it off, okay?" Athena keeps trying to get closer, making me instinctively walk further back, eventually reaching the next room over.

"I'm sorry." I look at their faces through the human shaped hole in the wall, "I'm sorry" I feel the words slip through my lips again as I look towards Melanie's sleeping state.

"Nimue wait!" I hear Percy yell at me as I try opening the door. The handle's entirety shredded away and thrown out of the door. Feeling myself tear up I close my eyes, deciding to run through it as the razor wind cuts a way for me.

I run through the hall we came through, leaving chipped footprints in the flooring as I go along. "Nimue!" I hear Percy's voice just behind me. Him and Adam's shifted forms prancing along the floor and lessening the distance between us.

"Please stay away!" I call to them, immediately seeing the same brown orb float from the ground.

"####" It whispers.

"Terraform" I whisper back, directing the ground that gradually rises to seal off the area they're coming from.

I look forward with tears in my eyes, running through the palace doors with an increased speed, praying that they've stopped. A sudden burst of sound in my ears makes me jump a little in fear, "WAIT!" I look behind me to see Percy directly behind me.

'How did he...'

"We can talk about it!" He speaks fluently, about ready to pounce on me to stop me.

Adam didn't make it past the wall clearly, so how could he? I turn my head to examine his body, glancing at the same black mist coating his paws when an unfathomable rage fills me.

"Fucking Fenrir" The words seethe through my teeth like a poison as blue orbs surround his body.

"####" They all whisper at once.

"Torrent and crash!" I grip the air in a crushing motion, watching as his eyes suddenly drop focus on me, instead looking towards the shaking river. The mist around his paws suddenly cloak his body as the river rocks back and forth until spilling over, collecting a large volume of itself and launching towards Percy, smashing his body against the wall beside me. His loud whimper throwing me out of my angered state, slowing my pace down a little as I look back at him.

His body comes off the wall with a small limp before locking onto me, his gaze turned from one of care to something more...monstrous. The pitch black cloak around him presses against his ankles, snapping them and reforming as if forcing his body to change.

'Run' Aegis' voice reaches my head, putting power into my legs to make it to the portal, looking back one more time to see his eyes staring back at me...but not Percy.

After running through I hear a small clank behind me as Aegis appears in the ground just outside the portal, leaving a crack behind after I pick her up, allowing her to follow just behind me again.

"####" A pink orb floats around me.

"I don't want to hear it" I try to silence it.

"####" Another one originates from the pack house window

"####" Another. And another...and another.

"Hey!" Yasmine and Ryan open the pack doors for me accidentally, greeting me in with a smile but I continue to run past them.

"####" More pink orbs plop themselves into the centre of the pack house as all attention is focused on me.

"Hey Nimue, are you okay?" She tries to touch me with the wind still around me so I back off silently.

"What's up?" Ryan looks worried as I hold my head from the surrounding thoughts...until one gets in.

'What the fuck's wrong with the human?' I hear one of the pack members think.

'Humans really can't do anything without us, can they?' Another one sighs.

"ENOUGH" I feel the air around me begin to pulse, dissipating the wind and cutting all the people staring at me ever so slightly. With all their thoughts silenced and bodies frozen, I take the chance to run out despite my friend's attempts to still reach me. Just stop trying...please.

-

I can still see them, I can still see the spirits gathering in the forms of thoughts and feelings that the people are emanating. Staring at me through the windows of my home, projecting themselves into me...through me. I sit beside my bed on the floor, holding myself tightly.

"Reality is a perception, one that I disagree with. No matter what I write here, history is written by the victors. So let me be just that...a victor" I feel my bed dip a bit, looking up and glancing at Aegis' human like state, now looking down at me with a welcoming smile as she reads from that mysterious book.

"These thoughts, these feelings...these people. None of them are mine, they never were mine to listen to...to control. And yet here they are, waiting for me, calling to me. They want someone to own them, to rule them." She looks down at me, ignoring the next lines of the book and seemingly knowing them off by heart.

"Fight for your life, for your right. If you're afraid, use that fear to fight. You are more than what you're enduring, you can make it to the morning."

-

Chris' POV (Mental plain) 

I know where I am, I know when I am. I can feel the musky air, the primordial temperature that would scorch any normal animal fur. Creatures roaming the land that have been long forgotten, I'm not in my own head, am I?

Looking around I see Oracion's sword, floating just in front of me, beckoning me to reach out and grab it. And so I do, followed by an immediate deep laugh released behind me.

"You look like shit" The human with emerald eyes smirks away with his arms folded as he leans against his sword planted into the ground. He looks me up and down, the wounds lining my body already gone and restored.

"Amazing isn't it? How your body gets broken through and through...but just keeps bringing you back" He sighs, almost disappointed with the ability.

"No matter how much I got cut, slashed, gutted, burned or near enough killed...it just wasn't enough to put me down. So much so that there wasn't much that could even truly harm me anymore...other than myself." He looks towards the blade.

He leans off his sword, picking it up from the ground and staring at me. "I used to think Fenrir made me into the monster people saw me as. And then that woman...she found out what we truly were." He slices downward with his sword, creating a fissure into the earth. "Turns out...I was a monster long before I became a Lycan." 

0