These Tools.
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Percy's POV

I watch as the crystal begins to spin within Morgan's hand, "And so what do you plan to do after this!?" I yell.

She tilts her head past it to lock eyes with me, "I take it that's the human speaking? I couldn't ever see that shell of a wolf being stupid enough to ask me something as silly as that." She laughs as the shard spins faster and faster. "This came sooner than expected, a slight miscalculation on my part but nonetheless one to be expected. So I'm going to make it fun, what do you say to that?"

"But why!?" Jackson tries to ask.

"Why you ask...to which I say why not? My lust for knowledge was confined by the flesh of a human. I'm not like Fenrir or Oracion, I wasn't blessed with the blood of gods. I aged, and with age came less time for me to discover and learn. It was lunacy to believe that I wouldn't be able to attain something such as that. Me, unable to grasp something and bend it to my will?" She causes the shard to float, higher and higher till it's directly between the ceiling and floor. "If I want something I will obtain it, no matter who I have to cut down, betray, trick or devour. It will be mine. Watch as the ones you love cry the blood of your wounds." She raises her fingers, "Rise and create my desired dominion." Snapping and releasing black lightning from the shard that tears into the land.

A bolt strikes downward and runs through the land towards Adam, Athena and Alex. "PERCY!" Him and Athena scream as Alex silently endures it. Electrocuting their bodies till smoke rises from them. Before I can react, more bolts strike down, releasing upwards and creeping through the crack in the underworld above us.

Morgan's laughing brings my vision back to her, trailing the lightning with her eyes as they continue striking the three. "Isn't it-oh" The Shard abruptly shatters above her, raining down the remaining pieces and halting the violent storm. "Seriously?" She looks at them and then back at me. "Either way this works I guess." She snaps her fingers again, crumpling the shackles that bind them.

She picks up Nimue and begins walking towards me, "Collect their lives, I'm busy."

'Percy run!' Fenrir pings through my mind, forcing me to grab Jackson by his clothes again and swing him onto my back.

"Hey wai-" He yelps but I ignore it in preparation of her.

She holds Nimue like a newly wedded wife, only looking back up at me once she brushes just past me, allowing me to release a breath I didn't know I was holding in. "What? Did you think I was going to hit you? No no, that's their job. I'll be seeing you" She winks, travelling back towards the door.

"MORG-" I tense my paws to pounce on her.

'FOCUS!' Fenrir again seizes my motion, forcing me in my place. 'Listen' He whispers as if to not alert something. Urging me to turn my head to the portal, the three figures who were once shackled down...now released and completely shifted.

"Let's go while she's leaving us!" I cheer, running towards them.

"Percy do not!" Jackson pulls my hairs, sharply turning me through pain.

I watch as they begin to snarl and growl, snapping their jaws like nothing more than lost rogues. "Guys...?" I ask with a hint of sadness as I look into the eyes of Adam's wolf. Without hesitation he kicks off the ground and into a leap towards me with a crazed ferocity.

'Kill him!' Fenrir shouts.

"No!" I hear Jackson yelp again as I suddenly burst into speed, aiming to get through the portal as my main goal. I can't help myself but look back at Adam as he lands, failing to land on his feet but recuperating like some sort of infant listening to basic orders.

"PERCY!" Jackson screams above me, ripping my hairs again and throwing him off me as I stop without warning.

I see Alex snarling at him, already closing in on Jackson's exposed state. "PLEASE ALEX!" I scream, attempting to pick up pace again but a large weight falls onto me as Adam digs his teeth into the back of my neck.

"JAC-KSON RU-N!" I call through pain as he quickly scampers back. I close my eyes in anticipation of what I have to do, the searing pain of his teeth lodged into my flesh is nothing in comparison to the pain I was about to cause myself. 'Get him off, Fenrir' I call to him.

"Gladly" He rumbles through my mouth, cloaking my figure again with a dark mist.

In the corner of my eye I notice Alex, stopped in place just above Jackson. Fenrir growls, tensing up our back and slowly growing in size. 'Wait!' I try to pause him but he ignores me.

My heart races as I'm trying to figure out what's happening, "I said wait!" I gain enough control to headbutt the rock and briefly pausing his growth as I feel Adam's weight shift off me.

"Percy..." Jackson backpedals to me, thumping into my face before pointing at Athena's encased body. The same dark mist swallowing her whole but a noticeable difference.

"Let's go" She mutters from within, locking eyes with Adam and Alex's lifted bodies. Her black spiralled hair wrapped around them as she uncaringly tosses them back towards Morgan Le Fay.

"Oracion's mark?" Morgan questions, staring at Athena's blonde wolf. The symbol across the top of her back visibly glowing as it retracts the mist from her body. "Hmm" She sounds out, looking above Adam and Alex as a shaded out silhouette of a shard hovers just above their heads as if revaluating something. "Whatever" She shrugs in annoyance, stomping her foot to calm the two down as they sit waiting for further commands.

"Percy leave!" Athena huffs, pulling me by the scruff.

"I'm trying to but..." My eyes linger on Adam's crazed state.

"We'll come-back" She tugs harder, finally moving me

Morgan shouts from the back, "You'll come back for sure! I'm cheering for you!" She mocks before making her way back.

My beating heart pounds itself through my ears as I throw one paw in front of the other. "Percy be calm" I hear Jackson whisper into my ear while patting the side of me. I'm trying my best, I really am.

'We'll inform Yue and get who we need out of here' Athena pings through my head. But just as she finishes it she slows down a bit to observe the back doors of the pack house. 

"She...wasn't even aiming for them, was she?" Jackson realises, looking down at the crack in the floor now clearly showing the underworld. And directly beneath it is the spot she raised the crystal to. "We need to go" His body begins to shake a little bit as the sound from the doors become more audible, scratching and thrashing like something's fighting on the other side.

Jackson tugs on me a bit, "We can't go through here!" He keeps trying to direct my body but me and Athena curiously walk closer with caution. 

"Athena we can't kill them." I advise her in an attempt to calm her growling state as the hairs all along her body stand up in rage. 

"My brother's...pack" She seethes through her teeth knowing it's out of her power. 

Just as she takes one final step the crack grows wider, splitting the doors as splinters fly to reveal rabid wolves behind it, sinking their teeth into the door and chipping away at it to get to us. My attention however isn't focused on them, instead it's the building emotion inside me. Fear of the woman beside me, except it's not mine...it's Fenrir's. Without warning Athena's eyes glimmer a bright green as her hair bundles up and bursts through the doors to make way for us. Her actual wolf barely visible other than the feet as the pack members are pinned against the wall. 

I follow her in, looking at their teeth sinking into her hair and tearing away at it thread by thread but she continues restoring it to the point of strangulation. "Athena where are we g-"

She interrupts me, 'JUST KEEP RUNNING!' she rings throughout my mind. Holding what remains of the structure above us so that we have a safe path. What seems to be her body, flying through the front doors and retracting all her hair back into herself without looking back. 

Chris' POV

Growling pierces my ears, filling my hollow body with an energy to get back up. Breaking the ground as I punch what's beneath me to regain my full height. Louder and louder the sadistic growls release from the hound's breath. My fur coated in a sticky cold fluid, my muscles shaking with each movement and my eyes hazed with nothing but red. Something within my chest pains me at each turn, something deep and cold drove through me entirely in fact. 

"Is this what you really look like? What you sound like?" 

I turn to the voice behind me just as the air is robbed from me, his impatient grasp tears the blade from my heart. "I never really did like the wolves." He stabs my thigh. I try to swing but there's nothing left inside me to fight back with. "I never really did like the Humans." He cuts through my foot.

"Unlike the Vampiric, Banshees, those countless creations of the primordial world...all the lives of those species that I robbed. There was nothing much left to take from them, there was nothing more for them to have." He slashes me down my torso, gushing blood from my chest as my breathing gets heavier. "I mean, look at you. Healing before your body can even recognise the pain of being stabbed? Who would come to accept something as divine as that, within normalcy? You have too much!" Storm clouds begin to form as he grits his teeth in annoyance.

He stares at me with seething malice almost as if he isn't actually looking at 𝘮𝘦, "And then Humans...you give them a taste of something like that, even just a slither of godly hood and there they are. Uncaring at the very concept of becoming a monster themselves, uncaring to act out the very sacrilegious acts they shunned you for." His nails begin to grow along his hands, bursting his human ones off and tearing the flesh as claws replace his fingers.

"And here I am. One of the three singularities within nature, a gift born and used by the humans. Made into that amalgamation of god's threads and an aberration used for the greed of others." He huffs and puffs, releasing a visible air from his mouth. "And here 𝘸𝘦 are. Repeating this shit over and over and over!" He drops his sword, stepping on it and disintegrating it. A white light releases from his chest, flowing out into the world and breaking apart as if releasing him from something.

"HOW AM I MEANT TO AMMEND THE WORRIES OF BOTH YOUR WORLD AND MY OWN!?" Multiple black flames burst from around him, raising his hand and causing the sword within my hand to shake as he calls to it. "YOU'RE TELLING ME I'M MEANT TO HOLD IT ALL!? RESTORE IT ALL!? AGAIN!?" He bellows, concentrating the wind around his palm and forcing the sword to cut through my palm's flesh but I continue holding it. 

This sword...I can feel the very weight it is far more than physical. A weight strong enough that any normal person's body would collapse into a bundle of meat...and it's his weight to bare alone. I lift it to my eyes, staring back at myself as I realise my mouth is soaked red, the mouth of a beast after gorging his kill. If this is a memory, then why does it feel so...real. 

0