A Pact To Die For?
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yue's POV

I can see it. I can feel it. The sheer weight of strength that flows through me, quite literally crumbling the flooring beneath me and landing me into the ground level of the pack house. Howling brings my attention behind me as turn to see a corrupted hue of blue, compacted at the door but recognising my new lack of sight. Squeezing themselves through until one bursts through the door frame. I raise my hand to it, watching the blue container empty out and flow into my pitch black aura.

That was a wolf, wasn't it? I question to myself. Turning ahead and facing the wall of the pack house, pulsing the energy I just received and breaking away at the wall for me to continue forward. I can see it...all the aura within the world. The trees, grass, flowers...even the dull life of a simple rock. Draining within my presence and adding to my own.

Onwards to the underworld...the swirling green that beckons me. The cold heat that welcomes a tingle along my bare body. I see it...this entire world. All of it is alive, all of it is mine. The very air itself within the underworld has a life of its own, flowing into me like an endless waterfall as two corrupted red figures howl towards me. The black aura around me pulses out, knocking them into a visible white environment, possibly a wall? They get back up, dashing towards me once again as a poor man's attempt. I wave my hand, slapping them both away with a strand of aura. Clenching my fist and crushing them...over...over...and over again.

Their containers drain with each slam, with each crushing blow they whimper and cry out. This is how it should be. 'Nimue'. A voice within my mind pings. Reminding me of my goal. I force myself to continue onward, looking at a large accumulated amount of life, possibly the palace. And to the left? A gathering of unmarked territory. A simple passageway of purple, signifying that door's existence.

With each passing step I feel the weight on me increase, more and more of this world flows into me...overfilling me. I can feel it all shaking around me as if trying to get me out of itself. I touch the frame, immediately forewarned of the dangers of this aura as it's taken into me. She wants to kill me...I can feel it. She already knows I'm here.

I can tell where I am through the life of the environment. The primordial life that fuels me, lining the plants, floor and the very sky. I walk forward, placing my hand upon what I assume to be the corpse of Jormungandr. But it's hollow...not even a spec of what those previous empty vessels looked like. It's not really a corpse, is it?

Gathering the aura into my hand, I look up into the sky to line up to where the castle is. Forcing my way through as the aura spirals like a drill, sharpening and moulding a passage for me. I can see it...the place I'm destined to be in. The castle.

-

Through the doors I walk, crumbling them down with the slightest touch as the light fills me once again. 

A voice emerges within the pit of purple hue, "There was once a little girl, one so lost and one so keen. Nobody knew where she came from, and nobody knew where she was going. They say she danced between the twilight, affected by time but on the corridor to any period she wanted. "Are you alone?" a voice spoke to her."

She continues as if telling a story, ""Yes" She spoke without fear for this place was her home, it was all she knew."

"That simple reply was all it took for her to extend her hand out, embracing the very voice and welcoming what would soon be known as, "Chaos". This girl was not me." She confirms.

I look around, noticing the darkened aura of another woman's body, crumpled to the ground. "Who are you?" I ask to the one standing.

 "I'm trying to save your friend here-" My hair visibly swirls around me, whipping at the air as if detecting something.

"You're lying, aren't you?"

"And here I thou-" I take a step towards her, crumbling the walls around me and pulsing a wave of energy around myself. The slightest movement in my limbs, one that could be perceived as destruction...but it's not. It's becoming a part of me.

"I don't care, move." I hear my hair cracking the air around me as I punch the ground, sending a fissure towards her that she swiftly leaps over, landing with a delicate touch to her heels.

"Yue, that was your name. Wasn't it?" She asks.

"Yes" I grasp at the air, pulling on the strands of energy around her and grasping the woman's frame.

"The wol-f is a conta-iner, somethi-ng that let's yo-u hol-d th-at po-wer." She struggles as the vessel of energy drains from her. I momentarily blink, letting out a breath and coughing up blood...I'm running out of time, aren't I?

A single whisper to the left of my ear brings me back to my consciousness, "But that power isn't resonating from within your wolf". I swipe around me, crushing the rubble even further as its energy joins me.

"Each race, every species. They all have a certain right within nature." Her voice seems to echo around the room. "Do you know what a human's is?" She laughs as a sensation builds from within me.

"Call it a game for the gods, or some type of hysterical joke. But humans since the very dawn of time were able to form a contract of sorts, a way to fulfil their greed for power...desperation." She echoes again.

I look around the room some more, noticing a gleaming stature just above me. Her frame twitches as if surprised at my movement. I stick my bare human nails into the wall, practically throwing myself up at her as my blood visibly scatters through the air and reaching her before my hands do.

"Down" She chants, winding me against the solid rock beneath me.

"How could you just see me!?" She yells. "How, Yue!?" The force continues pinning me down as she swings her sword through the air, unattached to her fingers and yet stranded to her through some sort of connection. 

I grip some of the rock and glass within my hand, crushing it up while forcing myself to stand. The very weight of my body moving feels like the shifting earth. Snapping the bone within my leg...but I'm going to stand, I will stand. Ignore the pain...I tense the objects within my bloody hand, gathering the energy around me, the lives offered to me. Bursting the bones within my right arm as I launch it towards her stunned gaze, she steps away in defence. Her sword deflects most of it, but not all of it. 

From what I can tell, her hair drops in front of her face, "You..." She slices my right arm off with a blinding speed, her purple hazed aura turning a hue of black as if tainted by something. "BITCH!" She screams, "BLAZE!" she chants, encasing the sword within a bright burning light and slicing through the centre of my body from my shoulder downward. Cauterizing it at the same pace she slices, just so she can slice again...again and again. "I am Morgan Le fucking Fay. You will not be touching me!" She states firmly.

Before she swipes again, I grab the burning blade. Sizzling what's left of my flesh on my right arm. She tries stepping back in shock but I open my mouth, biting down on her ear as her metallic blood fills my mouth. "COMBUST!" She chants once again, setting the blade ablaze that burns away my hair, scalp and scorching my eyes. As the cinders of my body fly through the air, surrounding us both and swirling into a vortex of sorts. I can't help but feel at peace with myself...I don't feel anything else in fact. 

"LEAVE" Her words vibrate the very space around me, bursting my eardrums as my body slowly compresses into itself. "I'VE LIVED TOO LONG TO BE HARMED BY THE LIKES OF YOU!" Her aura continues to flicker between purple and pitch black, almost as if indecisive on its actual desire. "CRUSH HER!" I feel my teeth ripped from my mouth, plucked all at once as my skull is dug into the ground beneath her foot. It doesn't hurt, it doesn't hurt at all. Killed by a woman who's face I cannot see, who am I to lay my last grudges on? For that, I will lay with solace.

If there's any last murmur I would want to someone to hear it would be, 'I'm sorry I didn't get to see you guys one more time...Adam, Athena, Percy, Jackson, Ryan, Alex...Yasmine, I'm sure there's loads we had to catch up on, adventures we never got to have. And I'm sorry my mate...I couldn't avenge you...Melanie, but I'll be seeing you. Soon.'

-

Morgan Le Fay's POV

"COLLAPSE" I shout, encasing my foot with power and crushing down on the desperate bitch's head. "AGAIN!" I lift my foot, crushing down. "AGAIN!" I hold it for longer, "CRUSH!" I disintegrate the remnants of her skull, ensuring she got what she deserved for tainting this flesh.

I kick the blood off my heel and over her body, flicking my stranded hair out of my face and walking back down the stairs. The fucking audacity of these animals trying to put themselves in the same league as me. I walk back to Nimue as her arm is stretched out towards Yue's body, "He-al" She tries to chant. "Resur-rect" She cries out.

I look down at her with envy at the innocent hopelessness, "Not even the spirits can bring back the dead. I would know. Stop trying." Spitting at her as I make my way back to the alter.

"Bring he-r ba-ck" She continues trying.

"I'm so...sorr-y" she continues whimpering.

"SHUT U-" I go to silence her. But I still feel something...ever since she came through that door. Ever since that terrain broke apart, there was a certain weight within the air. A thickness I cannot describe as if reality itself didn't have the space to fit it into the room.

Wait a second..."What was her gift? Why was she so in control!?" I grab Nimue by the collar.

She doesn't answer me, "WHAT WAS HER GIFT!? THE ALPHA BLOODLINES HAVE MORE THAN TWO, I KNOW THAT MUCH!" I slap her across the face, grabbing her throat and lifting her up.

"Aura, emotion...vitality." I drop her carcase of a body against the wall as she stares at me with tears in her eyes.

I can feel it. When a pact is made between a human and a god it's not only conditional to have...but the very act of being a candidate is a condition within itself. Yasmine's flames...a pact with none other than the goddess of the sun. The contract always ends in the death of the human...at least that's what I believed until this very moment. "If...your gift is none other than life itself...you weren't destroying those rocks earlier." I look towards the body of Yue, now standing headless as she points a finger to me, gurgling words that would make no sense to anyone but me...a name unrecognised by none other than me within this era. Morgana.

I drop my sword, stepping back a bit as the metal echoes against the floor...oh so slowly does it hit the ground, over and over chiming each bounce quieter and quieter as the body continues pointing at me. "How...why...YOU SAID YOU'D NEVER INTERVIENE!" I dig my own nails into my arm, "YOU SAID THE WORLD WAS OURS TO PLAY WITH!" I encase my hand within the blood, hardening it along my hand into a sharp makeshift knife. The energy around her body whips the ground, slamming over and over to break away the environment, absorbing the very life of this primordial underworld.

I run up the steps with each crushing weight of my feet breaking away more of the stairway. The sheer gravity of simply approaching her...it's overwhelming me...? I grit my teeth, chipping my tongue a bit as my jaw gets slammed down when I try to speak. Her body doesn't try any swift movements to dodge or swerve. She just stands there, gazing down upon me as I approach her unbothered form. Her finger still pointed directly at me as a whip of iridescent energy slams me against the wall, forcing blood out of my stomach and through my mouth. I look towards Nimue and the alter...I'm so close, I'm so, so close. "I WILL NOT BE STOPPED THIS TIME, NOT EVEN BY YOU!" I scream, taking more blood from my arm and scattering it into the air to colour the spirits a different hue...gold. 

Before she can absorb them...I'll use them. "O'voice you who no power can reach-" My throat begins to burn as I continue, "I beg of you to wait, as the scent of blood scatters and fades." I continue chanting as a tendril of energy slides towards me but I call my sword to my aid, blocking it just in front of me as it desperately holds it back. "Welcome back this sacrifice as the price will surely be paid!" I watch the combining gold, swirling throughout each other and weave into an eye of judgement. Looking around between all the figures in the room before landing on Yue's body. "SUBSUME HER INTO TWILIGHT!" I command just before it breaks away and swirls around her, containing the radiant light from her body in an anticlimactic end to something so divine, coming to a sudden end...she's not dead...she's just not my problem anymore.

I need to...regather myself. Stepping from the hole in the wall, I call to my sword. Holding it in place while sliding my hand across the flat surface, drawing out the last remaining mirror shard within my possession. The Friend, "Relight and decimate those who stand against me. Remerge as none other than a puppet for my needs." It rises up out of my grasp, breaking instantly and digging into the ground.

"What!?" I quickly drop to my knees to try and recollect them but it sinks deeper into the floor. I grab my chest as something feels unnatural...my heart's racing. Is this what panic feels like...? Staring back at the floor I notice an emerging shadow from where the crystals sank, showing two eye staring back at me.

"It's not like you to be showing...anything. Was that not the family reunion you'd always hoped for?" The shadow mocks.

"GO!" I stomp, watching him slide away out of the castle to complete my needs, I'm behind...all because 𝘴𝘩𝘦 showed up. "Why, Mother?"

0