Do These Monsters Beware The Uncanny Valley?
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Percy's POV

A violet wave replaces the once golden aura within the primordial space, completely changing the tone of the now open arena. Morgan Le Fay slowly tilts her head to look up, raising her elbow across her eyes as she lets out a gentle visible mist like breath. A glacial wave of frost releases from her mouth as she whispers, mumbles and murmurs. Word by word, her pitch becomes more aggressive while the air around her begins to vibrate.

"The colour of the eyes given to those with power...those are the ones with a role within this world." She begins to speak, shrieking fear throughout the frame of the others as their bodies remain frozen against her very existence. "I made a mistake." She admits. "You are indeed Percy, aren't you?" She asks, confusing me.

A sudden tilt of her head causes me to flinch back, signifying her gaze now resting on to me. "Look towards your friends Percy." She advises but I refuse, not wanting to take my eyes off her.

She realises this, instead deciding to continue on speaking, "Gold are the eyes of a god, Violet the eyes of a Luna, royalty if you would. So what's White?" Just as she completes her sentence, I feel a slight tingle within my eyes sockets as if responding to something she's said. Immediately tilting my head towards someone, anyone within my immediate vision.

Jackson's face drains of colour, giving me all the recognition I needed. As if melting into the air, she appears within my ear next to me, "You have the same eyes us three did when we first met. You have the eyes of one who owns the world, Fenrir lost his existence as a wolf. But he's still host to none other than the first singularity. Much like how Eden was meant to receive mine...you're shaping into his-"

Adam interrupts her, "Percy? Is this true? How come-"

She raises her hand into the air, mumbling under her breath before slamming it back down in no apparent direction. Violet traces from the sky rush down and trail her tight grasp, swirling across Adam's head as he's slammed against the ground. "STOP!" I yell, jumping onto her to pin her arms against the floor while digging my claws into her skin.

"You've lost! You can't gain anything from fighting anymore!" I shout at her with the saliva from my mouth spitting against her face.

Her calm gaze stares back at me, completely uncaring to the blood running down her wrists. "I needed Nimue as a sacrifice for me to ascend. But now that I have Theta inside me...", Black lines trace along her body as her torn clothes fill with darkness. Coiling their way up to her arms and across an eye in the form of a snake with an open mouth. "There's just one other thing I can do. Something only a 𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯 can do." Her head faces the sky as she laughs, releasing more frost that ices the tips of my fur coat.

Her laughs come to an end as she begins forcing me off, building enough strength to actually move her hands out of my pinned position. Wrapping them both around my face as she whispers into my ear, "Listen to the scratching...let it in. Then let me swallow you whole" Her words feeling like a knife to my heart as electricity courses through my body, screaming at my animalistic instincts...kill her before she kills me.

"Chris!" I scream while jumping back as she immediately reacts to his quick advancement, appearing from behind her and slashing down but just barely grazing her skin as she slides between his legs.

We don't leave time to breathe as I run after her, unable to fully close the distance between us as she turns to me with a whisper, "Revel". Shaking the glass, stone, metal and marble from the remains of the castle that swirl around just me.

I look around, unable to entirely force my way through, not wanting to shred myself through the maelstrom of materials. "Athena! Adam!" I call through the clanks and chimes of whirling materials. Immediately noticing the glow in their eyes as they strain themselves to collectively gather a volume of the surrounding water, placing it around me that ultimately calms the debris down enough for me to run through.

"Heavy, isn't it?" Morgan Le Fay mocks, "You're playing with the very water the gods consumed" She laughs while managing to retrieve her sword from an offset location, quickly making her way back towards us with an unknown goal in mind.

"MOVE!" My body is barged out of the way as a loud clank followed by a gust of wind now resonates from my old location as Chris blocks against her as she practically floats through the air from a single jump. Using the weight of Chris to press off of him, now spinning with another whisper as crumbled rock gathers around his eyes just when she lands behind him, rapidly slashing him across his legs that he fails to react to.

His body begins to heal before she even completes a swipe, causing her to kiss her teeth but nonetheless smirk as he randomly throws a punch behind himself...stopping just before hitting her face, "Chris!?" Athena yells in confusion.

"That bond you have with Saint is only temporary, no matter how much you torture your body...that soul of a Kindred is not yours to match." She watches as his fist twitches with heavy strain, veins running along his arm while he visibly forces himself to continue throwing the punch. "Tha-" She tries to speak, immediately guarding herself as Athena comes up behind her, managing to bite onto her leg.

"Rabid mutt!" Morgan Le Fay hisses out, punching Athena in the skull, causing her to lose a tooth before trying to kick her off into the ground. Even despite that, she doesn't let go, seemingly locking her jaw as the oblivious witch is struck from behind by Chris eventually regaining himself.

Knocking her to the ground as she slides to the feet of Alex, "You never even go to know her..." his fur begins to shed off him as his paws tense, gripping his claws into the stone he stands on.

"On the contrary, I never really got to know anyone." She smiles, knowing it's edging him. Regathering herself enough to sweep his legs, flicking her sword into the sky and bouncing off of the floor to re-grab it in hopes of setting it back into stone...through his body.

Her hair dynamically flies around as she falls from the air, giving Adam just enough time to dive from an upwards arched rock and take her from the air before she harms Alex. They both tumble to the ground, landing on the pyramid of stairs where the sword once slept. Rolling down and destroying them further while fighting each other off in desperation.

Just as they reach the bottom, Jackson limps while trying to find his opportunity to grab her. "Soar!" She yells at Jackson, clearly weary of him more than the rest of us. Sending him crashing into me and Athena as Chris runs ahead.

"I heard she was crying till the end for her lover who didn't even make it in time!" She sings to Alex despite Adam's snapping jaw aiming for her throat, seemingly not able to get enough strength as she grabs his jaw and head. "A little birdie told me she wanted to die!" She grits her teeth as Adam's wolf begins to whimper, her strength now overpowering him as she tries to rip his face into two.

We manage to get Jackson back to his feet and off of us, "Don't listen to her Alex!" Athena runs to him in hopes of calming him down while Chris manages to catch up to Adam and Morgan Le Fay.

She inhales deeply before releasing a cloud of frost that gathers around Chris, "Freeze" she hums, causing his legs to solidify within ice as Adam's whimpers only get louder. Hitting a spot within my body that aches...feeling like my own head is splitting in two.

"Fenrir!" I beg of him but he doesn't respond despite my desperation.

Morgan Le Fay laughs as blood trails down Adam's mouth, "He's nothing without that impenetrable body of his, nothing without that immortal conscious. Isn't that right brother!?" She laughs even harder that I try to silence out, instead focusing on the sound of my paws hitting the ground.

Faster and faster, I notice the distance closing at an alarming pace as my body is cloaked within a dark spectral mist again. Within a blink of an eye, I end up at Morgan Le Fay's body, seemingly flown past it already as Adam slowly climbs away from her frozen state. Confused on what happened, I look around for any sort of clue but her eyes trail me as she looks with nothing less than anger.

My fur feeling wet, I look down to see blood soaking me. "Me...?" I ask myself, but before anyone can fully absorb the situation, Chris shatters the ice around him, coming from behind her. She tries to mumble words but her slashed throat causes her to choke on blood as it spills from her mouth. He slashes down across the front of her body, sinking deep into her stomach as he pulls out her intestine, tugging on it to ensure she topples over to lay in her own pile of blood. Her constant gags of blood making it clear she's still alive somehow.

A sort of impulse suddenly takes over my mouth, "And you've always just been human, the weakest of the three" Fenrir spits at her as I walk past, still trying to absorb the situation.

Just as we all look around the room to check up on each other, her body continues to crawl. Made obvious by the sludging sound of her organs rubbing across the ground. We stare, not knowing what to do next with the level of desperation. Chris starts walking over to her, pausing just before as he flinches back in pain while the metallic claws seemingly melt from his fingers, pouring off into the floor as the original sword gradually restores itself.

While each piece falls off, more bone from Chris' finger is shown as we now all realise how deeply embedded the material was. Despite the painful display, it continues to heal as he looks at the rest of us with a stern look, clearly not wanting sympathy and instead directing the attention back to the sound of Morgan Le Fay's crawls.

She stops just before two paws that block her path, attempting to look up and meet the gaze of Alex. His eyes glow as he collects the water from around him despite the visible strain it puts on his body, shaking him to the core and making it hard to stand while maintaining its control. Thinning the stream of liquid and coursing it through her body like a needle and thread, erupting within her body and causing her to spasm uncontrollably with the unneeded pain.

Everyone pauses to watch...everyone but me. Instead gently headbutting the side of him with our wolf forms, stopping his torture as I reminisce about the first time meeting him. "You're still sturdy like a wall." I laugh with a deep breath as his body shakes with a soft whimper releasing from him.

"I can't do...this." He shifts back, clearly wiping tears away from his eyes. "Not again. I don't want to feel this." He holds his hand across his heart, tightening his chest and slowly digging his nails into his skin.

I go in closer to him, now leaning against him as Athena joins. "It's okay to feel." She reassures him, showing him empathy as her wolf lays her head on his leg.

Just as he begins to speak...something so silent that even our sensitive ears barely picked up, "-I...-ou" Sending nothing but a piercing chill through us to the point where no one dared to move a muscle.

"-t's -s" The body of Morgan Le Fay chokes as it turns over on its back, sending a visibly giant circular sound wave towards the violet sky as it all rushes into her body with a howling wind that reanimates her body back to her feet. Revealing the ink of the hollow, reconnecting her organs at a disgustingly slow pace, staring back at us with endless eyes.

Just as we all simultaneously kick off the ground and away from her, she grabs someone...the one who was closest to her at the time. Someone who dealt the final torturous blow, "ALEX!" We all scream in unison as we're now too far from him.

Just as her eyes roll to the front of her head once again, she begins to speak with a twisted pitch that fluxes in and out of high to low, "You won't have to feel anymore." Shoving her plain human hand through his chest, taking a grasp of his heart but he doesn't even fight it...whether it believed it was pointless or...even wanted it.

Dropping it in front of her as she plucks off his head with ease, allowing it to fall and roll into the side-line of the destroyed world. Time slows with my gaze, watching all my family back away, knowing this is far beyond something they could handle. The sight of her paining those around me...'I don't want this anymore' I whisper to something within myself. Looking back up at the slowed spatial room just when Morgan Le Fay looks back at me, striking my heart with pain, forcing me to shift back and kneel as I let out blood from my lungs.

'Look for them' A voice from within me advises while my eyes scan the room. 'Look for the one who will set us free'. I try finding what they're referring to, still unable to understand what it means just as that same dark mist that's been assisting me all this time...floods out of me, storming around me and encasing me in a vantablack cocoon of sorts.

"Percy!" Two voices call with unison...so in sync you could mistake it for one.

The humble and yet primordial voice continues to advise, 'Look for the one who can show you the truth, look for the one who can make your ideal our reality. Pursuit the one called Veritas.'

I don't know what to do...I don't know what I'm feeling or who this is. But a small memory reminds me of something so simple it would be shameful to admit, "I just held his hand." Yue's voice calmly explains, "Sometimes people just need that. Even if they don't know it." She winks as the vision of her dissipates into the dark...but I do exactly that. Trusting the darkness and extending my hand out to whoever would answer my plea.

0