New Year Special!
42 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Happy New Year everyone! I hope you have a wonderful time and celebrate it well =D Enjoy the little Extra Chapter of our goofs celebrating New Year as well =3

Edited by: Waning_Crescents


“I’m ready!” Cal walked out of the bedroom, dressed in fancy black pants and a white shirt under his black blazer.

Sigal, who finished tying his tie, looked up and smiled warmly at him. “My wife is so handsome.”

A warm feeling erupted inside of Cal, leaving his cheeks in the shade of vermillion. “You are an idiot.” He puffed his cheeks slightly. Then he flapped his arms around a bit, trying to adjust his attire. “It’s not very comfortable, though. Do we really need to get dressed like that?”

Sigal suppressed a laugh and walked over to him, fixing his collar. “Of course, we do. It’s a special occasion.”

“We are just celebrating with our colleagues and friends. Do they really mind if we just wear our usual clothes?”

“Stop complaining.” Sigal finished fixing his clothes and then put one hand on his cheek, letting his thumb trace the skin. “When we get back home, I will rip them right off. Would that make you happy?”

Cal blinked at him until embarrassment took a hold of him as some memories resurfaced. “You can’t keep destroying my clothes like that. Soon I will be left with none.”

“Then you run around naked, that’s fine too.” Sigal grinned, teasing him.

“No way!”

Sigal laughed out loud. “I am just kidding. Let’s go, shall we?”

“Yeah.”

 

When they arrived at the Conciliator’s headquarters, their usual spacious meeting room was transformed into a room for celebration. Hanging decor in silver and gold had been put around the windows and the ceiling. On one side of the room, there was even a long table with a lot of food on it, as well as drinks, while on the other side, was a karaoke machine with a small stage.

Cal glanced around in awe. “So beautiful.”

Sigal nodded. “They did a good job.”

“Welcome you two!” Nowe ran over, inspecting Cal. “It does suit you.”

Cal smiled a bit helplessly. “Thanks.”

Nowe himself wore a tuxedo, but his collar looked messy, and his blazer must have gotten lost who-knows-where. Then he leaned closer to Cal’s ear and whispered. “This attire sucks, right?”

Cal sighed. “It does.”

“What are you two whispering about?” Sigal raised an eyebrow.

Cal froze for a moment and shook his head. “Nothing, nothing.”

“Hey!” Asher walked over, grabbing Nowe by the back of his collar before pulling him back. “What are you doing running around all the time?” Then, he let go and wrapped his arms around his waist, hoisting him up over his shoulder. “Just wait until we are home.”

“No! Please! Have mercy!” Nowe wailed.

That’s why his collar looked that messy. Cal chuckled.

Sigal just let out a sigh.

After they had greeted the rest of the crew, they started to grab something to eat and drink. The party was in full motion with a lot of laughter and conversations as well as a little singing contest was going on where everyone had to participate. The whole group enjoyed their time until Sigal noticed that Cal was gone.

 

Cal leaned against the railing of the rooftop and looked at the bright lights which illuminated the whole city. The wind wafted through his hair and a small smile formed on his lips.

“What are you doing?”

“Just appreciating the view.” Cal said without turning around.

Sigal walked over and draped his jacket over Cal’s shoulder, who in return looked up and gave a smile. “Thanks.”

“It’s cold. Why are you standing here?”

“I was just thinking about everything that had happened this year.”

Sigal wordlessly wrapped his arms around him from behind, letting his chin rest on his shoulder. “A lot has happened, hasn’t it?”

Cal nodded. “Even though a lot of bad things happened…in the end, without them I wouldn’t be here with you. And for that I am very grateful.”

“Mn.” Sigal tightened his grip. “Me too.”

In the next moment, successive fireworks shot into the clear night sky, lighting it up in all kinds of colors. Cheers from down below could be heard, as well as people shouting, ‘Happy new year!’

Sigal spun Cal around and fixed him into his gaze. “I promise you; I will never leave you until I die and even then—"

Cal put a finger on his lips to stop him from talking any further. “I know.”

Sigal’s eyes held a warmth in them, and his lips formed into a gentle smile. He grabbed Cal’s wrist gently and pulled his finger away from his lips before he grabbed Cal’s chin and lifted it up. “Happy new year.”

“Happy new year.”

Sigal leaned in and their lips met, entangling in a passionate kiss. Cal closed his eyes, the warmth he so craved for, and the strong secure feeling filled his entire being. Without a doubt, this was true and sincere happiness.

0