Enrico Pucci vs. John Kramer
62 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This is the first dialogue of the series. It is something I thought would be interesting, so I hope that it is well received. Please leave your thoughts about the series, cast your vote on the poll for which character had the better arguments and comment ideas for other philosophical dialogues you would like to see. Also leave feedback, as I have other projects in mind, so please let me know what your thoughts are on this episode or the series in general. Thanks for reading!

 

The setting for this dialogue is in Green Dolphin Prison, a place where the infamous Jigsaw killer is being incarcerated. John enters the prisons Church to confess his sins, where he meets the priest Enrico Pucci, thus beginning the dialogue:

 

Pucci: What brings the notorious Jigsaw killer to this humble church? Will you confess your sins?

 

Kramer: No, I have never murdered anyone. The only confession I am here to make is that I saved people who were living their lives wastefully. I present them with a chance to change, but that only happens when they are faced to face with the fear of death. Only then will their will to survive force them to act and learn that life should not be taken for granted.

 

Pucci sits down in a pew in the prison church and invites John to move his wheelchair next to him

 

Pucci: I see. You believe that by putting people in a life-or-death situation that you can change people, meaning that you want to show people a different path by means of stimulating the inner desires to live, am I correct? John, your biggest mistake was that you tried to change these people's fate. Your victims are fated to go down their paths and no matter how tragic that path may be, it is still fated to happen. It is sad to meet sudden misfortune in life, thus why I strive for "heaven!"

 

Kramer: Heaven? Is that not the case for all priests? To strive for heaven?

 

Pucci: Not the heaven that we go to when we die. My ideal heaven is a heaven where people are aware of their fates. When someone encounters tragedy in their lives all of a sudden, it brings sadness and suffering. If people were aware of when they will meet a tragedy, especially the time of their death, they will be able to find true happiness. That is heaven and that is my destiny!

 

Kramer: You are wrong father. It may sound okay to know the time of your death, but I know first hand how cruel it is to learn the exact time of your death. As you are likely aware, I am a dying man. I will never forget the day I was told I had terminal cancer along with the time I have left. I started to see things differently, smell things differently, feel things differently, but the biggest change was that I felt broken. I have encountered quite a few tragedies aside from my cancer diagnosis. My wife miscarried after being attacked by a drug addict, and after that we decided to divorce. After that, I learned I was going to die soon. I had nothing left as my world was completely shattered, so I decided that it would be kinder to myself to die.

 

Pucci: So you attempted suicide?

 

Kramer: Indeed. I drove myself off a cliff and had a steel rod plunged in my abdomen. It was not until I started to feel the agonizing pain of ripping that steel rod out of my abdomen that I started to understand. I survived and that pain was the consequence of not taking my life for granted. I then decided that I would devote myself to showing others, through life or death scenarios, that they should appreciate life and live it to its fullest. However, those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life. If you got your "heaven" father, would that truly bring people happiness? I highly doubt that people would be happy after learning the time of their death. 

 

Pucci: You have indeed suffered a lot John. I expect that many people will not accept their death. However, I have also suffered great misfortune. You may not believe it but when I was born, I was a cripple who could hardly walk properly. I had a loving family and a sister who I wanted to protect. However, it was later revealed that I had a twin brother, and he just so happened to be the lover of my sister. I hired some thugs to try and separate them because it was a sin for my brother and sister to be together, however, those thugs didn’t like that my brother was part black so they lynched him. My poor sister found him hanging from a tree and whilst in grief, she decided to end her life. If we know our fates and are prepared for it, we may not like the outcome, but we can at least prepare for it and find happiness before you meet your fate.

 

Kramer: So may I ask how you are going to achieve this?

 

Pucci: In order to create the heaven, it requires great sacrifice. I have no right to judge your methods John. Just like you, I would not hesitate to kill in order to see my dreams achieved. However, mine is on a scale much larger. Do you know what will happen when the universe dies? Many have theorized what will happen but the correct answer is that it will restart, and that once it restarts, in the new universe people will thrive as they will be aware of their fates!

 

Kramer: From how you speak, one would be forgiven for thinking that you were the one who was seen as a notorious serial killer and not me. You seem too willing to kill people, while I have never taken a life once. I believe that life is precious and people should live life with a grateful mind, meaning they don’t take it for granted. However, you see life as so easily disposable, all for a future where people have to know the exact time and place of their demise, which from my own experience, destroyed my world. I would never wish that on someone as I cannot fathom the despair that will be caused by such a thing.

 

Pucci: But John, your victims are in the same situation where they will see the path ahead of them. As you have said, they choose whether to live or to die, but in the end, the answer is left to fate. You had no problem putting people in a situation where their fates were made known to them and you have seen yourself what learning of their fates can do to someone. I believe you have shown them their fate and most of the survivors were grateful for you as you have shown them the correct path. How are you any different from me?

 

Kramer: Those people have lived an ungrateful life, as I have stated beforehand, and thus they need to be shown the right way, even if it means they must be forced to see the possible outcomes. But from what you have told me, you wish to flat out exterminate everyone in order to enlighten everyone. I will give them a chance at life, no matter who they are. I even gave the man who killed my unborn child for some drugs, a chance to pass the test. He could have passed the test and survived, but his carelessness caused him to falter. What I mean is that the person who took everything from me, had a chance to change, compared to you who wants to exterminate everyone in order to give the next generation a better life is a path that is wrong. I believe that the people of today will live better lives after realizing the preciousness of life, however you believe that the people of tomorrow will thrive off of the memories of the people of the past. It is a path of blood that will lead to misery. Making others aware of their fate is a cruel thing and I respectfully disagree that we a similar.

 

Pucci: Then I guess we will have to agree to disagree John. I will carry out the will of DIO no matter what, and show you that people will have more peace once aware of their fates.

 

Kramer: Indeed, we must agree to disagree. I hope your mission never succeeds. 

 

Kramer exits the chapel, leaving Pucci alone

 

Pucci: I will show this world "Heaven." Just wait DIO, I swear to make your wish come true!

 

Scene End 

 

 

 

 

Who do you think performed better in this discussion?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
1