Chapter 7- Kill the Hunters
331 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The fighting continued on as Agni was letting the other members gain experience from fighting. Soon enough Akame, and Leone managed to deal with Bols with help from Najenda and Susanoo.

Haa!! Haa!!” Bols was breathing heavily as his teigu is beyond fixing. ‘Seems….this is the end….the I must use my last resort!’ with all of his heart he proclaimed. “Trump card activate!!”

“!!” everyone quickly got on edge as Bols unstrapped his fuel container and threw it.

“I will destroy you.” He said.

Agni knowing of what this quickly rushed forward.

“[Avici].” He softly muttered as the next moment he was in front of Leone, Akame, Najenda and Susanoo. “[Utpala]!!” a great wall of ice speared before them as the bomb flew ever higher.

It was like the equivalent of an orbital bombardment as the whole terrain changed.

After the explosion was over Agni looked back to see how everyone were doing.

“You all alright?”

“Y-yeah…” said Leone.

“How did you reach us so fast?” said Akame.

“Trump card, fortunately for you it’s one of many I developed.”

“Hm, I can see why Master has so much faith in you.” Said Susanoo.

“Oh course! But I am a bit disappointed I couldn’t use your trump card Suu…” Najenda said disappointedly.

“Well…if everything went according to plan…I meet you all back at the randevu, I still have to go deal with some loose ends.”

“Hm, see you there, Susanoo lets get moving.” Said Najenda.

After a fair bit of searching from up above Agni managed to find Bols and a young girl.

“…Bols…” Agni jumped down and quickly approached them when he did, he found him tending to her. “How nice of you Bols.”

“!!” he quickly turned around with his fists up shaking. “So you come to kill me huh!”

“…Tell me Bols do you know who that girl is?”

“?” Bols slightly lowered his fists, confused by the question. “She is a young girl with an injury?”

“…Oh, so that is the type of man you are…it’s a shame a good family man such s yourself has to die.”

“…I will fight to see my family.”

“I know that…but what makes you think you are even qualify to have a family. You who have burned several villages to the ground where only ash remained.”

“You are the same as me!” Bols shouted in a fit of anger and sadness. “You have destroyed towns of people! Your body count that far surpasses the likes of the Incineration Squad and even the Captain herself! You have to no right to question me you walking calamity!”

“I won’t argue with you on that Bols, I know my sins, hell I fully acknowledge the deeds I did under the service of The Empire.” Agni then walked closer. “those are deeds that will forever weigh on me till my dying days, hell if I saw one of the people, I killed I will surly not have the heart to look them in the eye like you.”

“…Eh?” Bols turns around to see the girl walking pass him and near Agni.

“Do you know who this is? A young child from one of the villages that you burned to the ground. They were burned for being suspected of helping the Revolutionary, though I’m sure much like Agni you probably don’t remember each person you burned alive.”

“I-I…”

“Or what about this one.” Chelsea then turned into a young boy. “Or this one.” She then turned to an even younger child, she then kept changing into several different people with various ages and genders.

Bols heart was breaking with each transformation, his soul was getting heavier with each face he sees until eventually even his own body could no longer bear it and he falls to his knees crying.

“I…ah…AHHHHH!!! AHHHHH!!!” his screams filled the air in sorrow.

“Do you want me to kill him or…” said Chelsea whispering over to Agni.

“No…ill do it.” He whispered back. “You go on ahead ill catch up to you.”

As Chelsea left, Agni then walked up to Bols who broke down in tears.

“H-how can I even see Logue’s face!! O-or even Kije’s! m-my heart is breaking!!” Bols shouted.

“…The time of judgment has come Bols, rise your head.”

Bols slightly rose his head and met Agni’s eyes. Agni then took off Bols’s mask to show his bare face. Agni placed his hand onto his head.

“[Mahāraurava].” A golden fire was seared onto Bols’s head and it soon engulfed his own body but then it was extinguished, and he fell to the ground unconscious.

“Hope you leave your wife and kid a message.” He then sat by waiting.

 

2 hours later.

“…Haa~…other than Natala and Doya they broke all my other toys….it’ll be impossible to gather that much skilled people again…captain he really is a monster that should not walk the earth.” Kurome said as she found a tree stump and sat down. “….im so tiered.” She then took out her bag of sweets and began eating them. “Tasty sweets…!” she then quickly turned to see Bols.

“Ah! I knew it! Its Kurome! So you were safe! Thank goodness!” said Chelsea disguised as Bols.

“You too Bols…but how did you survive that huge explosion?”

“Well I did went through the Incineration Squads Flame Resistance Ceremony after all.”

“Ah! That’s right! I’m so glad!” she said with a happy face.

“I am sorry I lost my Teigu.”

‘The tone and personality of the Jaegers that I learned from Tatsumi, seems they were dead on and she doesn’t have Yatsufusa. But I wont attack just yet, even I need to wait for an opportune moment or when Agni shows up.’

3 hours later.

“We’ll arrive in town soon.”

“They might be waiting to ambush us…” said Kurome.

‘What’s with this girl? Somethings off about her…nothing in terms of opening is showing up and I haven’t seen Agni yet, did the other Jaeger show up? then maybe I should-“

“The captain will probably return soon, so lets be careful until the…” she then lost her footing and fell to the ground.

“K-KUROME ARE YOU OKAY!!”

“I-I need my sweets and I’ll be fine.”

“You look like you’re in pain…I know! How about I say you a charm to help make you feel better!”

Just as Kurome was about to eat her sweets Chelsea undid her transformation and pierced the back of Kurome’s neck with her needle.

“Ah…”

“Now you wont be in pain anymore.” Kurome then fell to the ground. “Both targets are no eliminated….”

Chelsea began to walk away with a smile on her face when.

Hey…”

“!!!” Chelsea could feel the sheer amount of bloodlust and depravity Kurome was putting off.

That charm just now…its not working?? It’s very painful…I’m still suffering????

“Well that’s what happens when you hooked on some new drug.”

“!!” they both turned to see Agni with Bols over his shoulder.

BOLS!!! ILL KILL YOU BOTH!!!!

“You sure you have the time for that? Both you and he are on death’s door.” Agni then dropped Bols to the ground. “I’m sure you don’t want Bols here to go on and leave his friends and family behind so, early do you?”

YOU BASTARD!!!!” Kurome shouted.

“Chelsea we’re leaving.”

“B-but you can kill her!”

“I could but she is Akame’s to kill.”

“!!” both Chelsea and Kurome made a shocked expression.

“So lets go, besides if we stick any longer, I have to deal with that Wave guy and possibly the other Jaegers.

“Tsk….” Chelsea then quickly ran next Agni as he looked at Kurome with dead on precision.

“You better hurry or else you’ll be walking besides him soon enough.”

Agni and Chelsea leave the area as Kurome quickly ran over to Bols.

“Hey Agni….” Said Chelsea as she transformed herself into cat inside Agni’s jacket. “You sure it was okay to let Bols live?”

“What makes you think he is still alive.”

“Huh? b-but you said-“
“I said their both on Death’s Door, its just that Bols is already in front of it and he already knocked.”

 

A while later they made it to the wooden cabin with the rest of Night Raid.

“Agni! You made it!” said Tatsumi.

“Did you forget about me?” Chelsea jumped out and undid her transformation.

“Chelsea you made it to!!”

“Of course! But its thanks to Agni saving me…” Chelsea then walked up to Akame. “I’m sorry, I couldn’t kill Kurome, it seems she’s on some new drugs so the best that I did was poison her.”

“Hm…I see….well at least you are safe.” She said with a happy face.

“Agni did you finish what you set out to do.” Said Najenda.

“Yup, by the time we see them again it’ll just be 5 hunters.”

“Hey! Hey!” said Leone. “How did you make that ice!”

“Oh yeah how did you do that! I thought Esdeath could do that!” said Tatsumi.

“Hm? Are you serious?” Agni then held out his hand “you do know that ice.” A fire appeared over his palm. “Is just water without heat, right? I just drained the heat from the air and poof.” A shard of ice then instantly replaced the fire. “Of course this is limited.”

“Well in either case our next target is Bolic. So everyone rest up.” said Najenda.

 

As everyone went to bed, Agni went outside to a lake, he took off his clothes and took a dip.

Haaaaa….” The cold soaked into his bones as he felt the fatigue wash off. ‘Seems using the ice is still a pain…but it seems I managed to keep Chelsea alive and…let Bols leave behind a message.’

            Agni continued to wash his body when he heard a rustling in the bushes.

“Who’s there!” he shouted.

“Heh~ so this is where you went to!”

Out from the bushes Leone came out.

“Leone…what are you doing here.”

“I came to pay you back for taking advantage of me!”

“…You do know most of that it was you drunk and me trying to stop you right?”

“N-never mind!” she said with a pouty face.

“Haaa….how about I pay you back when we reach Kyoroch how about that?”

“!!” her face lit up. “Deal! But how are you gonna walk around?”

“Do you have hair dye?”

Not gonna lie I completely forgot.

9