Chapter 17- Kill the Remnants
231 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Much like what Agni had said the Revolutionary Army had called for Agni to return as well as Mine, when they called Najenda in with Akame, Agni, Tatsumi and Susanoo. After the meeting was done Mine was also asked for to help with rear end support.

“Well it’s time for us to leave Mine.”

“No!! I wanna stay here!!” shouted Mine.

“Sorry but orders are orders they need your genius snipping to help keep some of their men alive.” Agni says as he slings Mine over his shoulder.

“Tatsumi!! Save me!!!!”

Tatsumi walks up to her and holds her hand.

“Don’t worry, the sooner this war ends the faster we can retire from this. Besides this would be the best opportunity to show The Empire your snipping skills!” he says with a bright face.

“…YEAH!” she says as Agni loosens his grip, and she stands on her own. “But remember not to overuse Incursio got it!”

“Hm, I understand!”

The Empire was nearing its end, The Empire started to get desperate and started to send out experimental monsters, word got around that the remnants of Wild Hunt were now fully wiped out. The Empire’s collapsed even sooner as many military figures were dying left and right, the Revolutionary Army took full advantage of this.

 

In the forest on the outskirts of the capital Akame was face to face with Wave of the Jaegers after a drawn-out fight.

“…So I left.” Said Akame finished recounting her and Kurome’s story.

“And that’s when you invited Kurome right?”

“Yes, I wanted to take her to a place called God’s Hot Spring, out in the frontier. To simply put it it’s a unique hot springs that helps with healing, I wanted Kurome there to help her detox and even extend her life. I had reports of sick people who gained 6 more months to live and even 5 thanks to the spring…I pleaded as much as I could to get her to leave but…she couldn’t turn her back on the friends she lost or even become the enemy to her current friends…truthfully I was fully willing to take her by force…but no I wasn’t strong enough.” Akame clenched her heart in pain.

“I…I know how she feels, I can’t imagine fighting my friends…betrayal was never an option…I completely get it…have you ever felt the same way as she does?”

“…” Akame looks down and contemplates his question. “…Yes…with every former friend I killed it weighs heavily on my heart…I was taught that the reason we killed was to keep war from breaking out so that people could be happy….but the root of the suffering was The Empire, so put the needs of the people before my own so I can better world…so I left The Empire.”

“I….had the same reservation to but…ever since I came to the Capital, that’s why I wanted to change The Empire from the inside out! Have you considered that!?” Wave shouted.

“Hmm I remember asking several people that…Najenda told me it was impossible as the Prime Minister has had countless individuals with likeminded ambitions.”

“Countless? It can’t be…”

“I can attest to this as long ago I was ordered to kill some of them…Wave the darkness of The Empire runs far deeper than what you can imagine.”

“!!” Wave looked as if the very foundations of his beliefs were crumbling before.

“Agni himself can also attest to this, Budo was a great force to be reckon with, but he was no politician he would get nowhere and would have to resort to using military force in the end, Esdeath herself does not care whether The Empire stands or falls as it would be in her own words “The natural order.”.”

Wave’s face then grew with anger.

“How would he know!! He just up and left The Empire years ago! The situation is different from back then!”

“Agni has served under Budo for 5 years he was like a son to Budo, he then served Esdeath under orders of the Prime Minster for 3 years serving under Esdeath herself.”

“!!”

“Tell me how long have you know Esdeath? Agni and Najenda have known her far longer than yourself.”

“…” Wave was a loss for words, he only knew Esdeath for 7 months but for Agni and Najenda they knew her for years.

“I will finish what I wanted to say. Kurome equates fighting for her friends and carrying out missions for the empire…as her reason for living. In her eyes she has to keep fighting, meanwhile the drugs slowly eat away at her, she will continue to fight until she uses up what little life she has left…and as her big sister I will save her from her suffering!!”

“ENOUGH!!” Wave shouted at the top of his lungs. “It would have been one thing if it was about how to keep Kurome alive, but I won’t stand here listening to talk of killing her!!” Wave turns and actives Grand Chariots.

“…I see…I was hesitant to tell you an alternative but…show me your conviction to save my little sister.”

“I will, but even if you don’t tell me the alternative, I will take her to the Hot Springs myself!” Wave then took off leaving Akame behind.

From the tress came down a bird.

“Did you say everything you wanted to say Akame.” Said Chelsea.

“Hm, yes…I hope he does prove me wrong…” Akame turns around and as she is leaving, she remembers the secret Agni told her.

 

“I have a way to save your sister but…it is a very painful and brutal experience.”

“What is it! If it is guaranteed to save her then-”

“Tell me Akame, how many people have you killed?’

“Eh?”

“This process will have you face every sin you have committed, you will feel every pain and suffering you have inflicted  onto others condensed into a fiery torture.”

“…I….” Akame was at a lost, she didn’t think she could possibly go through what she has done and by that logic neither could Kurome. “…But what if…someone does make it through?”

“Then they would be “Cleansed” in a sense, they faced their karma and accepted the deeds they have done in life, but something would remain.” Agni then removed his eyepatch to show his pupil on fire.

“!!”

“Don’t worry it doesn’t hurt or burn at all, it’s just a permanent sign of the deeds I have done…Akame I hope your sister has a will made of steel.”

 

Akame then arrives back home and flops on her bed.

“…Wave…I hope you can be her pillar.”

7