Chapter 8: The Problem is….
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I didn’t do anything too bad. If anything what I did was the minimum. I just took some photos of her as she slept and stole one of her socks. Just one, not even a pair! I really think I did the minimum allowable for being dragged to her home after she drank all night.

My sweet beautiful Abby really trusted me so much. When I woke up on her couch I saw her standing over me, poking me with a magazine. “Huh?” I mumbled.

“Are you awake? Come on. I can’t be late and, by the way your phone keeps ringing, I don’t think you can be either.”

And she was right! Leslie berated me for an entire 10 minutes in private. Telling me I’m useless, telling me that because of me she couldn’t film a very important scene. Blah. Blah. Blah. I would have her yell at me for another month if it meant I could have another chance at going to Abbies room.

It took till her filming for her to get over it. Which is a pretty long time! Usually it would take her till her thirst for coffee acted up. I spent that day acting like I was the most pitiful human being. But I wasn’t! My plan had gone so well I was thinking that I was Machiavelli reincarnated!

My phone rang while I was thinking about how happy I was. ‘Hey its me, emily. Do you have some time today? I wanted to hang out! :)’

‘Sorry, kinda busy today. Leslies riding me today for being late.’ I replied. And I was being ridden by Leslie! But in truth I was thinking that I could follow up this momentum by meeting with Abby one more time. Maybe she would want someone to do this every day with. Ah man. I think I’m about to faint.

I finished the day and began my migration to music room #4 with the trash can. I just waited. Occasionally I would walk back in forth because I was so bored. She would have to come today!

Then the door to music room #4 opened and Emily came out. “Why are you walking back and forth in front of this room?” she said while looking at my eyebrow.

“Ah!” I replied. “Don’t scare me like that! And no. I was not walking back and forth.”

“But I saw you walking back and forth…”

“Okay, I was just releasing some stress, but that doesn’t matter at all. What are you doing here?!”

“Well..its kinda embarrassing…”

“It doesn’t matter, don’t you want to be somewhere else?”

“No.” She looked down. “This is my free time. And ever since someone barfed in this room all the other idols refuse to go near here.”

I turned red. “W-well its n-not like its that big a deal.”

“Well…no..but all the other idols don’t want to go into a music room that had barf in it. They just avoid it now…thats why I’m here.”

I looked around. Abby wasn’t here yet, I don’t think it would be a good idea to have Abby see me with another girl. That would give her the wrong impression. No. I had to seem available at all times! “How about we move somewhere else? You know somewhere without barf stains?”

“No…I actually like it here….and besides it doesn’t even smell.”

Okay, then I guess I had no choice. “Well then let me get in! Didn’t you say you wanted to do something?” I shoved myself into the music room. It was cozy with one person, but with two it was cramped. There was really only one place to sit (and that place also coincided with being away from the window) so I sat on the small couch.

“I did…but didn’t you say something about Leslie riding you?”

“Nah, she let me go early. She was so mad at me that she just told me to leave.”

“Wow.”

“I know.”

“What did you do?”

“It’s not important, but what did you want?”

“Yes, I wanted to talk!” she smiled. “And it so happens that I wanted to talk during my break too! He he he. I guess things tend to just work out sometimes.”

“I understand that feeling, now” I motioned. “Go ahead.”

“Yes you see…I think…that I need to experience the world more. I’ve been living a very sheltered life. And the company doesn’t even let me have a cellphone or computer to talk to people!”

“Yes.”

“So…would you do some stuff for me? I know its weird to ask a random stranger but the girls just ignore me in my group! I can’t trust any of them! Please…”

She continued with an impassioned speech, during which she did look at me in the eyes for several seconds, but I really couldn’t do much for her. I don’t think it would be a good idea to be associated with a woman. Imagine what Abby would think if she saw me with her! Never.

“Sorry. I don’t think your boyfriend would like that much. I wouldn’t be able to do it.”

“I lied about that. I just didn’t want you to hit on me.”

“Ah.”

“Yea, sorry.”

“Well I just don’t want to do it.”

“Actually there was another reason why I choose you to help me…You see… I’ve seen you come here several times. I even saw you walking around for an hour last time.”

“I didn’t.”

“No. You did. I saw you walk back and forth, back and forth, mumbling to yourself. I couldn’t hear because the music rooms are soundproof and all, but you were mumbling pretty hard until Abby showed up.”

Oh no.

“Is that why you where walking back and forth? Is that why you joined the company? To talk to Abby?” she gave a giggle. “Well she is still pretty popular.”

She had to die. No. There must be another way. “And? Are you going to blackmail me? Thats a pretty evil thing for an idol to do.”

“Well not blackmail. I would just say that unless you help me, Abby might have someone telling her how…obsessed you are with her.”

“You wouldn’t dare.”

“It wouldn’t be that hard.”

Hair passed through the glass and I ducked down.

“You don’t have to be that dramatic.”

Peeking up I could see Abby walking by. She stopped for a second. Then she continued down to her car. Dammit. I missed it.

“Well I guess you are really obsessed with her.” She chimed in.

I stood up and twisted around toward Emily. “You know, I’m still a man!”

“No. Men like you are freakishly obsessed with certain women. Trust me. I’ve dealt with enough psycho stalkers like you to know that you wouldn't dare!” It surprised me how she managed to say this so confidently while her legs and eyes shook.

I have to kill her. No. I can hit myself with rubber band balls but I can’t kill someone. I don’t think I have it in me. “Okay…what do you want?”

“I just need you to do some things for me. It won’t be that hard. I promise.”

“Okay..” I don’t know. Something feels off about this.

“Great! Well we can start now.” She took out her phone and started texting. “I just told my manager that I have diarrhea, so that should give us around 30 minutes! Lets go…mmh…how about we go to the rooftop!”

“I still don’t know where that is..”

“Its okay, follow me.”

We walked out of the music room into the labyrinth of the company halls. Just when I thought I was getting used to it, she walked through a section that I never even knew existed until we reached a set of stairs that took us out into the cool air outside.

“Its freezing.” I said

“Yea it almost time for it to snow...in like 6 months” We stood against the rail. She looked down at the cars coming one by one while I stared at the sky. The stars were bright this night.

“Why did you even want me to help you? Why not someone you can trust, or like?”

“I…can’t do it alone. It doesn’t really matter if its someone like you.” She looked down at the people in their cars. “I don’t know. I don’t have anyone willing to help me, and hey, wasn’t I nice to you?” She looked at me. “You’re lucky. You know how many fans would pay millions to help me?”

Too bad I wasn’t one of them. “Why not ask a fan then?”

“Well…? Its just strange. They’re part of my job.” She looked back at the crowd. “That would make me such a weird person.”

“Weirder then blackmailing me?”

“Yes!”

I don’t know what she was thinking. “Well, okay, you can’t make your fans help you, then what about your group? Just ask them.”

“None of them like me.” She looked away from the crowd and up to the moon. Her hair shined silver against the moonlight. “I-its not that rare right? I think that people not liking you is life. I just happened to get a group of 6 that didn’t like me.” She looked back at me. “Right?”

“I can’t say. I would have to meet them."

“R-right. But without meeting them do you see me as normal.” She turned towards me in a superman pose. “I don’t look weird right?”

I laughed. “Yes, you are very weird. But…” what would Abby say? “But nothing matters anyway. Its not like if you are weird you wouldn’t get anywhere in life. You can be weird and happy.”

“Good” she replied.

Did I say it well? I glanced at her and she had a smile on her face. Although I could barely see it under the starlight. Even if I didn’t say it well, what would she do? Its not like she can just reveal my eternal devotion to Abby because I said something stupid.

She took a deep breath. “I just think it would be nice to have someone helping me.” She took out her hand. “It was nice hanging with ‘cha”

I shook her hand. “Yea, this..this was nice.” I said with a charming smile. I can’t believe I wasted my time here when I could have been with Abby. I should kill her. No. I can’t.

“I’ll be in touch!” she walked back down. I stayed on the rooftop for a while. I couldn’t see myself leaving at the same time as her. It might make a rumor. And I wasn’t sure where exactly I was.

So I waited.

0