Chapter 2 – Testing Out Newly Acquired Abilities
57 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Starting a new day with his abilities, Lucas decided that it was the best time to use his abilities to his advantage. He started out planning in his mind the steps that he needed to do to achieve his goals.

“Okay, the first thing that I would obviously need right now is money, but how can I use this ability to the fullest? Since I cannot truly create items and can only copy them based on what I see, I should probably walk around and try to think of something that I can go ahead and sell with big amount of money.” He started rustling his messy hair while pondering to himself as he walked around the city after eating his meal which is cup noodles.

He then thought of something he could easily create, which are gems. “If I want to be able to create valuable gems, then I should go and look for a jewelry store.”

After laying out his plan within his mind, he started to go to a jewelry shop he knew and before he arrived there, he started using his ability since he noticed yesterday that when he uses his ability, his eyes start glowing for a few seconds then dims back to its original color.

When he arrived at the location, he went inside the store and started looking around for the most expensive jewelry and tried to memorize their atomic structure of the jewelry.

He could see that the jewelry he was looking at was really expensive and the real deal so he decided to copy this kind of jewelry, then decided to change its appearance when starts making them so that he would not be put to jail for stealing.

A saleslady approached and said, “What would you like to choose sir?” “Oh, nothing. I haven’t decided yet so I’m looking for something right now.” Lucas replied back. Then it seemed like the saleslady stared at him with contempt and thought to herself ‘Why go here when you were just not going to buy anything anyway? Also, you seem like a poor person so you should just get out of this store.’.

Lucas could guess what she was thinking and also thought to himself, “At least you kept all of your crap to yourself. It seems that the owner of this store teaches their people to handle customers well…”. After hardly memorizing the atomic structure of the gem, he now went outside the store and went back to his home.

While walking along the corner of the street, he quickly noticed someone almost bumping him so he decided to step back and dodged quickly. He almost bumped into a young man with curly hair. With him are two young men and one woman. These three men seem to be pestering the lady as he can see the annoyed look on her face.

The young man was startled and his cup of coffee shook, spilling a little bit over his clothes. With a glare, he said to Lucas “Hey, hey watch where you are going! Look at what you did to my clothes, these are expensive. How are you going to pay for it huh!?”

“Leave the guy alone Brian, he is innocent!”, the young woman interjected, trying to protect Lucas from the seemingly rich young master. “And also, he did not even bump into you anyways, it was just you being a scaredy cat and was shocked so you spilled them on yourself.” The girl continued and ridiculed him.

“*Snicker*, you are one lucky man. You better watch your back. I’m sorry for that Anne, I won’t do it again so can we please just go on a date?” Brian said to Anne as the look in his eyes was full of lust. “Just get lost already before I call my mother!” Anne angrily responded.

‘What a bunch of pricks. Let me teach them a lesson.’ Lucas thought with a grin in his mind. With his focused senses, he started forming the atoms around him at the back of the head of Brian, forming a small flame. After a while, one of Brian’s goons seemed to smell something burning and he was shocked when he looked at the source of the burning smell.

He saw fire continuously growing at the back of Brian’s head so he started alarming him. “Boss, your hair is on fire! Your hair is on fire!” he shouted to Brian while panicking. Brian crazily slapped the back of his head, trying to put out the flames while shouting. “What the hell are you doing standing there!? Come here and help me already!”

His goons started smacking the back of his head with their clothes. Brian was fuming as he was in pain, “Ouch, ouch! What do you think you are doing to me, get off!”. He snarled at his goons.

Meanwhile, Anne noticed something that make her burst out laughing “Hahaha! Now that’s what you call karma. You look so stupid now with your burnt hair. You’re almost balding right now, hahahaha!” She continued laughing as she pointed with her fingers at Brian’s head.

After a while, the fire finally died but at the cost of almost the whole of Brian’s hair. “NOO!!” Brian growled out loud with bloodshot eyes as he stared at the sky. He then took a look to Lucas, then squinting his eyes and became silent, as if the hair that was burnt was not his. He then harrumphed as he turned around to enter the newly arrived luxury car behind him and went away with his goons.

“Thanks…” Lucas said to Anne as he slightly bowed his head towards her. “No problem…”, she was hesitating to ask a question that was bothering her but could not do so as Lucas quickly turned his back and went back to his home. ‘It probably has no connections to him…’ She thought to herself while looking at Lucas’ back slightly becoming smaller.

Finally, Lucas arrived home as he started to prepare things. With his << Atomic Vision >> activated, which he named his ability to see atoms while he was playing around with his ability, he finally started to use his << Creation >> ability to manipulate the atoms into the atomic structure of the gem that was recorded in his mind. After a minute, the gem was finally finished.

Feeling happy with his first-ever created gem, he then started to think of its design and changed the shape of the gem, in accordance to the design he thought of within his mind. He then created a thin chain created with gold that he recorded as well with his << Atomic Vision >>.

He then decided to edit his website. The only good thing that was left in his miserable life was his website. He actually graduated with his I.T. course from his college but it was just that he could only find a trashy I.T. job that pays less. His website was actually well known but because of his job, he could not touch it for a long time, and today was the day he was finally able to use it again.

Over the past few days, he was using his online popularity to his advantage, he added a new brand to his website which sells jewelry with different designs. He also created more jewelry to add to his website, and what do you know… It instantly gained popularity and it even grew bigger and was trending for a couple of days.

Lucas has been working hard to create many jewelries and tending to his new business, which he called “New Beginnings Jewelry Shop”. With this popularity, he was easily earning millions and millions of semis or $, which is the currency of United States of Lagos, the country that Lucas was living in.

The world he was in has seven countries which are named: USL, Republic of Merlin, Daphmane, Reigis, Orland, Republic of Gram, and Phoenix Country.

Each country is equally divided except for Phoenix Country, as some people only consider it a huge island but it is the most mysterious out of the seven countries. After Lucas was finished with his work of the day, he finally relaxed on his bed to check his bank account online to see how much money he got while blindly working for a couple of days.

He was excited when he saw the number of zeros that could be seen on his bank account with the whopping exact amount of $27, 250, 800 and he decided that tomorrow would be the day that he would relax and enjoy his hard-earned money.

So, for today he would once again play with his abilities to see if he can figure something new about it and continuously training his abilities as he only noticed that the sun was already rising, meaning he was practicing the whole night without an ounce of sleep. As he discovered this, the toll on his mind then started to follow as he was now feeling drowsy and decided to finally close his eyes and sleep.

1