Chapter 6 – Raising My Intelligence
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been a month of work that Lucas had done to fill his bank account to the brim. He is now completely famous worldwide and many supporters wanted to see the mysterious man behind the new business giant, the New Beginnings Jewelry Shop.

With that thought in mind, Lucas now decided to take a rest for a while and completely focus his attention on his powers. He has a theory in his mind that he wants to test out and it has a relation towards intellect.

Yes, he wants to raise his intellect sky high because according to him, one of the most important things to be at the top is intelligence. If you’re stupid then I doubt that you would be able to reach that far anyways.

Now he does not want his brain to be as big as Megamind because bigger brain size does not equal higher intelligence. He just wants to have high intelligence, maybe the same level as aliens if they even exist. Even his powers exist, so why do aliens not?

‘If I want to be successful towards this experiment then I have to be careful. I might accidentally die if some problem occurs in my brain so I’m gonna need some test subjects.’ Lucas thought to himself as he reached for his phone to search on the internet for a substitute for his experiments, probably a monkey.

After a while of searching, he was able to buy one that was selling and he called the seller. After he bought a monkey, he began to ponder again about what he would do next. ‘What should I do next? I don’t even have a single clue about brains, let alone raising its intelligence. Maybe I should sense my brain first, study how it works.’

He then began to lay down on his bed to focus his mind and activated his powers. He closed his eyes as he used his senses to look inside his head, specifically his brain. He then saw his brain close-up, and it disgusts him a bit on what he is seeing. ‘The human body is really disgusting to look close up. Hmm? Wait, what is this?’ 

He could clearly see something moving around his brain. It was also tiny circles yet it was slightly different, as he could see it moving about quicker than he could control the atoms himself. He discovered that the more he thought about it, the more these little circles were moving. They were moving in clusters like a pack of wolves.

He then thought about something and started to empty his mind. He could now see the tiny circles getting slower, and getting fewer as time passed. It did not completely become empty, just a few moving around the brain. The view was weird as Lucas described it like a small computer. After a while, he now stopped emptying his mind and focus as he reached a conclusion.

‘This is probably how the brain works. The brain sends specific signals towards a part of the body, then that body part responds. Before I decide to move my hand, my brain first sends out a signal to my hand, indicating it to move in a certain direction.’ He thought to himself as he confirmed his theory.

‘It is just like a computer, if I click a key from a keyboard, the CPU sends a signal to a specific part of the computer, ordering it to do a specific function. Now how will I use this knowledge to increase my intelligence?’ Lucas continued thinking.

And just like that, two days have passed with Lucas still pondering over the issue while driving to his destination. *Cling-cling* The bells that are hanging from the glass door as he opened it, wanting to get the monkey. After a while, the clerk then brought up a cage at the table with a little monkey curiously peeking through its bars.

“Hello little fella, how are you doing?” Lucas said amusingly to the curious monkey inside the cage. It did not respond to him and continuously stared at him, as he now grabbed the cage handle, planning to bring it back home.

When Lucas reached home, he set the monkey free from its cage. Apparently its name is Little Timmy. He now decided to start the experiment as he grabbed Timmy and placed him on his thighs while he was sitting on his couch. He started patting his head and started to focus, sensing inside the monkey’s brain.

He infused something almost the same as what he saw inside his own brain, infusing it inside one of the monkey’s brain cells. After that, he grabbed that signal inside the cell and started moving it towards a specific route inside the monkey’s brain.

He was able to do this complex stuff because even though he is only a web developer, he also has little knowledge about programming so this stuff he was doing is almost the same as when one was programming.

He was literally programming the monkey’s brain, training it to do something. He was teaching the monkey how to write letters when he orders them. After a while of tinkering, he removed his hand on the monkey’s head as he excitedly grabbed a pen and paper and dropped it by the side of Little Timmy.

He then said a special word which is “write”. The monkey did not respond for a while, staring blankly on the piece of paper. Lucas let out a disappointed sigh as his experiment was a failure when suddenly, the monkey grabbed the pen, the same way a toddler grabs one, and started writing his own name on the paper.

“Yes, yes!” Lucas shouted excitedly as he thought that his experiment was a failure. He saw the writing of Little Timmy and he saw the name, albeit poorly written he could still understand it. It was like the writing of an elementary-level kid.

With that experiment done, he now started to do the same to himself but differently. Since he wanted to raise his intelligence and not learn knowledge, he would infuse the tiny signals inside his brain cell, doubling its amount so that when he would think, he would be able to reach conclusions and make ideas quickly.

He filled every single cell inside his brain to the brim, and is now slightly glowing because of the filled energy. Every time he filled a cell inside his brain, he could feel a slight tingling sensation in his head.

He started filling his brain faster when suddenly, “Ouch! Sssss…” Lucas yelped and hissed because of the burning pain, like dosing a new wound with alcohol but double the pain. He felt a little bit woozy, slowing down the infusion of energy inside his brain.

He learnt that he should do this action gently, or else he might go brain-dead. He learned this lesson the hard way, because of his greed, he paid the price with a consequence.

After he filled his brain, he rested for a bit then decided to test out his ability. He looked for a complex mathematical problem to solve without any knowledge about it whatsoever. He started answering the problem, feeling a little bit light headed. He realized that he quickly solved the problem in less than 20 seconds.

After seeing that his actions were a success, he smiled and started to search the internet for useful information. He continued doing this for a week before he stopped. He was now capable of absorbing information and making ideas, completely turning his brain into a one-of-a-kind supercomputer.

He started the day thinking about his next problem about his body. He was now jogging every morning, exercising his body and training in martial arts he found on the internet.

Though he found the information slightly incorrect, seeing that all the information he found was just flashy, without substance so he started correcting it himself and creating his own style of martial arts.

1