Chapter 10 – Attending The Party
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before he started to look for something decent to wear for the party, he remembered that the suit he had was just a cheap one he bought somewhere, so he decided to look for a branded one for now since the party will start tomorrow.

He reached his destination at the mall and picked one of the branded stores. It didn’t matter to him as he is not choosy about anything so he decided to pick what catches his eyes. He moved from one place to another until he finally saw a suit he liked.

It was a branded silver suit, complementing his hair color. Its collars and tie were colored black, partnering it with a white shirt inside. The coat was a little bit longer than his body, around 5 inches longer, making Lucas look absolutely gallant.

He also obviously paired his pants the same color, while he bought brand new shoes. After testing out his clothes, he then went out to pay for it in the cashier. The cashier then saw him and fell in a daze seeing his looks.

Lucas noticed the endearing gazes of the cashier and the people around him so he reminded the cashier by coughing. The cashier awoke from her stupor as she started calculating the price of the chosen outfit.

‘It seems like I have to change the look of my face back to normal as it would be weird for others to see the younger me when I am already a middle-aged man.’ After that, he went back home as he tried to create a new disguise ability.

A day passed and it was finally time to attend the party. Lucas went up from his bed to get ready. He did the same routine he does everyday, then used his << Skin Disguise >> ability to change his looks back to his normal older face with his glasses.

He actually didn’t need his glasses anymore with his upgraded senses but decided to wear one anyway since that was how he looked before so that no one would be suspicious as they already knew what he looked like when they investigated him before he tempered his body.

So he basically has two personas, one was a regular middle-aged man with a booming business, and a younger one who is a multi-millionaire and is the boss of an assassination organization.

He went ahead and drove his car to the setting of the party. Once he reached there, he saw flashes of light surrounding his car, being pictured by the paparazzis who were curious about his arrival. He then entered the entrance of the building after he parked his sports car, being blinded by the lights flashed on him.

After waiting for a while, William Tariff could be seen walking on the stage. “Good morning everyone and thank you for attending my precious daughter’s humble party. I would like to thank…” His voice was booming on the stage from the speakers around him as he continued his opening speech.

He then finally welcomed his daughter, Sam Tariff, to take a seat at the front. Lucas saw the young girl who has a bit curly brown hair, big gem-like brown eyes, small nose and pink soft looking lips. She was wearing a yellow sleeveless dress, making it look like she was a blooming sunflower.

After she sat on the table, they clinked their glasses along with Lucas and started the background music. One by one, the well known people started to come to Sam to congratulate her 18th birthday and also talked to her father and did the same, saying that he produced a really beautiful daughter.

Meanwhile other people communicated with each other, trying to gain and create new connections. They were sucking up to bigger and more well-known people around them.

Lucas however, was only sitting in a corner looking around the party and being silent. He was looking for a potential subordinate that he could have. Finally, he saw a potential subordinate who looked like a late-comer.

It was a woman who seemed to be around mid-20s in a light-blue gown with both black hair and eyes. Her aura seems to be cold, forming a barrier around her and not letting others talk to her. Some people did not mind her aura and continued to look at her with lust in their eyes.

‘Typical young masters…’ Lucas thought to himself with a mocking look in his eyes. He finally knew who she was as she looked really familiar to him. Brianna Lewis, the CEO of [ Water Pearls Jewelry ]. Her company is well known in the country and even has branches all around the world.

She is a business genius that is ranked 5th in the Ganna Leaderboard, a ranking list which contains business geniuses around the world. After she quickly congratulated Sam, she then went ahead to talk about business with William.

After they talked for a while, both of them looked at Lucas’ direction, then slowly walked close to him. Lucas’ brows rose a bit, then figured out their purpose of coming to him. “Well Mr. Lucas, are you enjoying the party? You seem to be all alone here.” William told Lucas.

He then responded back, “Haha, don’t worry about it. It seems that I am not well known yet to others. Don’t worry though, some people actually talked to me for some business before but I just rejected their offers.”

Brianna then spoke to him with still a cold look on her face “Then Mr. Lucas, I would like to ask if you would like to partner with me for my business? Now don’t be quick to reject me, I chose you because we seem to have the same strategies when it comes to our businesses, and we are also selling the same products so I was just interested in it.”

Lucas remembered that the first gem he ‘took’ was actually from one of Brianna’s jewelry shops in the city. ‘It looks like Mother Luck is helping me today.’ He thought to himself happily but responded with the same tone of voice. “Oh sure, I would certainly be interested in cooperating with a well known business genius.”

The other people were envious that Lucas was given an opportunity by the business genius and wanted to suck up to him later. “I guess this is a deal then. I will give you the schedule later through email so that we can talk about it more in detail...” She answered with the same tone of voice.

Following what she said was a minute of silence as she awkwardly coughed because she did not know what to say next. She did not know why she was being this way and what she was feeling right now when she was supposed to be a leader, and a leader was supposed to be sociable and knows how to communicate with others.

“Anyways, I guess we will see each other on a later date then.” After she said that, she walked  away, deciding to go to the toilet. “Well Mr. Lucas, since Ms. Brianna already went one step ahead of me, I will ask the same if you want to partner with me. I thought of doing this because as you probably already know, I own a fashion brand and I think that it would be best for me to partner someone from the jewelry section so I decided for you to partner with me.”

Lucas thought for a while, thinking about the advantages and disadvantages with William’s suggestion. He then said to him, “Ok sure. Since you are the host of this party, I think it would be rude for me to reject your offer. I guess we would also meet again for a later date then?”

William nodded his head in glee, then excused himself in front of Lucas. After a while, Lucas noticed that Brianna was being harassed by a man in a blue tuxedo and blonde hair, who held the returned glass of wine which he probably gave to Brianna.

His looks scream an arrogant young master so he walked towards their direction in an attempt to save Brianna from her situation, catching the attention of both Brianna and Richard.

1