Chapter 17 – Body Tempering ( For The Second Time )
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
So, how's the novel? Please give a review of the novel and rate it if you have the free time... Also, whatever you see about the meaning of the whispers in this chapter and in the future chapters, make sure to try not to understand it because it is only just a bunch of nonsense I came up with and even I don't understand what I am typing. Anyways, that's all and enjoy!

Lucas was resting at his couch, recounting the events that happened in the past, and also trying to remember what he wanted to do. He was too tired to even do anything, and just wanted to rest and laze around all day.

The thought was just at the tip of his tongue when he finally remembered. “That’s right, energy points! How could I forget with my computer-like brain? *chuckles* ” He mumbles to himself, following with a small chuckle.

He learned about energy points when he read the memories of the man which he attacked before, which had a code name Levios. He was an elite ability wielder, not like the goons he had beaten up before who were sent by Kane.

Those goons only managed to become ability wielders through experimentally produced “ability pills”. These pills give an average human greater strength, speed, and a specific ability according to each pill.

The experiment was successful, being able to create a pill with no side effects. The catch was that the abilities received were a notch lower compared to those who cultivated their abilities.

Levios actually managed to put up a fight with Lucas, but unfortunately for Levios, Lucas was only using his physique to fight him without an ounce of energy produced outside of his body.

He learnt from the memories of Levios that there was a cultivation process to become powerful, it is just that something is sealed from within the average people which prevents them from gaining powers.

The main cause of powers is the soul. Without a soul, one would not be able to control or even unlock abilities. But in this scenario, average people DO have souls, it’s just that they are sealed and not leaking, meaning that they cannot control it.

Now Lucas was perplexed because of his thoughts. ‘How and why are their souls sealed? Who even sealed their souls in the first place and what is the reason?’

His mind was full of questions, but he decided to take it one step at a time, turning his attention away from it for now. From the memories that Lucas saw, he learnt how to feel the soul and so he tried to do it on his own.

Focusing on himself, he tried to sense something, trying to feel the source of living. After a while of focus, he could finally sense it. He could sense particles which form up in an irregular shape.

People who have their souls sealed usually have their soul form the shape of a sphere, yet in this case, Lucas’ soul forms an irregular shape and is freely flowing with a thought. The reason he was granted his abilities is that he uses the soul to control everything.

Though most ability wielders do not use their soul to control their powers, but instead use some kind of energy that they absorb inside their bodies. That is why it was probably only Lucas in this world who uses a different way to control and use his abilities.

Now, he decided that he would try to make himself more powerful. Right now, the condition of his body is that he is only storing energy in every cell in his body, washing and cleaning the impurities.

This process made his body healthier, giving him more vitality, and making his body a lot stronger and softer, thus making his appearance look younger than usual. The problem is that he doesn’t know what way he should do it.

According to the memories, there are tons of ways to cultivate their powers so he did not know in what way he should do it. After a while of thinking, he decided to create a cultivation technique for himself.

In this world, there are 4 levels of cultivation. They are “Physique Refinement”, “Energy Absorption”, “Energy Condensation”, and the currently highest point of cultivation, “Energy Core” which is usually the level of cultivation of the 10 Kings right now.

Now that the path is cleared, Lucas decided to think of a way to cultivate his powers. Remembering the whispers that he heard from his dreams back when he was rudely woken up by Bam’s bad news, he tried to remember what the whispers were saying.

‘The whispers said something like this: *********** gave birth to Yin, **** and ****. Yin and **** became **** and **********.’

These whispers were repeating again and again like a broken track player, though he could not understand everything that was being said due to its unclarity. ‘It said that something gave birth to Yin and probably Yang and something else, which in turn became something.’

“Phew, this thing is very complex. My mind hurts just by thinking about it, I should probably wait until the time comes that I can understand everything.” Lucas said to himself as he finally decided on the path of his cultivation.

He decided to use the concept of Yin and Yang to cultivate. It was just like before when he was tempering his body, using the hot and cold energies together but he did them in a messy manner. 

In this case, he will try to use the purest forms of the cold and hot energy, which was the Yin and Yang, and try to combine these opposing forces and have them be in harmony.

He now focused and emptied his mind, and with his soul, tried to create the purest form of cold and hot energy, forming Yin and Yang energy, washing every atom in his entire body and making them stronger.

With the Yin energy entering from his left side, while the Yang energy entering from his right, he formed a combination of Yin and Yang energy in every atom in his body, but one thing that Lucas did not expect was the feeling.

It was a lot more intense than when he was tempering his body before, comparing it to heaven and earth. When he revolved the two energies within his body, they started rampaging and he could feel a very intense pain radiating in every bit of his body.

“Agghh!” Lucas grunted as his eyes started to water up because of the intense pain from his body. Even with the intense pain he was feeling, he did not stop, thinking that what he was doing was worth it in the end.

He slowly calmed down and gritted his teeth until it became bloody, using his entire mind and soul to focus and calm down the two energies, calming them both and turning them into harmony with each other.

An unknown amount of time has passed, and Lucas could feel the pain for days but when the pain faded away and the two energies became harmonious, it was replaced by a refreshing sensation within his body, making him let out a moan from delight.

After filling up every single atom in his body with these two types of energy, he opened his eyes and could see the bloody and dirty mess his body had created. Blood was dripping from his mouth because of the constant gritting of his teeth.

His body was covered with mud like substances scattered around the couch. He then spat out from his mouth the same substance, completely staining his couch. Lucas scrunched his nose from the unbearable smell as he stood up and grabbed the cloth from the couch and went to the bathroom to clean up.

After taking a bath and a towel laying on his shoulders, he was drying his hair when he saw himself in front of the mirror.

“Holy shit…”

A handsome young man could be seen from the mirror, with sharp and angular jawline, dark-brown eyes and a messy, but shining silver hair.

Below his head is his body which is on the slim side but packed with power, a well defined six packs… actually almost eight packs, and his flawlessly white skin with a pinkish hue.

He literally became like a figure of a Greek god, and his looks were eye-catching. Calming himself down, he decided to mask his looks and stature back to how it once looked. To avoid future troubles for himself.

Also, he finally noticed the power hidden deep within his body, and he became so excited and wanted to test out his powers, but knowing that he could not do so in a public area as that would just be revealing himself so he hoped that some ability wielder would make trouble with him so he could test his abilities.

After coming back to his chair near a window in his apartment, he saw people gathered outside the apartment, seemingly like they were afraid of something. Noticing this difference, Lucas discovered that he was unconsciously radiating pressure, scaring away everyone around him.

It seems like his spiritual pressure rose up a notch, that even the pressure he was unconsciously radiating was the same amount of pressure he could produce before his newly tempered state of body.

He then focused on himself, suppressing the pressure he was producing and sealing and calming it deep inside his body, trying to rid himself of his current trouble.

0