Chapter 4
43 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was suddenly woken by Tenger squawking in my face. I sat up in my seat and looked outside. The dark forest was lining either side of the path. The warm daylight peeped through the trees. We entered a larger clearing. The blinds of the carriage closed on their own. I guessed that we were going to be arriving soon. I looked across from me and my cloak had been neatly folded with my sword on top of it. Next to it there was a small box which was labeled “Open before reaching the academy”. I put on my cloak and sword. I opened the box and saw a small card inside, it read “Official decorations of Crown Prince Asura Khan”. Underneath the card there were little medallions and things. There was one which was a pin, it was 2 crossed swords. In total there were 5 medallions. There was also a large badge with a red star and an eagle underneath, like the familial coat of arms. I attached the badges on my left side with a row of 3 at the top and 2 underneath and the large badge went below that. In the box there were 2 black gloves, neatly folded at the bottom. I put the gloves on. The carriage came to a stop. I heard Dasaan say “Your Majesty, we have arrived”. I called Tenger who perched himself on my shoulder. I tidied up my clothes and put my hood on. I stood up and placed my right hand on the hilt of my sword. “I am ready Dasaan, open the doors please”. The double doors opened and I confidently stepped down and walked out. A long black carpet was laid before me. I saw the school, it was a massive medieval style palace with beautiful gothic architecture. I moved forward in a steady rhythm. I noticed, ahead of me there were several people standing around the entrance to the school. I noticed 5 men in military uniforms walking beside me. The ones closest to me were slightly behind holding long poles with flags attached to them. When we came near the entrance, the people stopped talking and all kneel before me. One of them spoke, “We humbly welcome you to Kulinan academy, your Imperial highness. Please allow us to guide you to the Imperial Narakam residence.” it was a woman. She stood up and gestured towards the open doors. I walked forward into the building. The inside of the building was opulent in design and structure. The walls were made with exposed gray stone and were carved beautifully. The floors inside were made of smooth dark wood. We walked through the long hallways until we reached a large gold door with the family coat of arms on it. I walked through the doors and into the room and saw a large spacious living room central to it was a fireplace with a large black banner and a fancier version of the coat of arms hanging above it.  The space was huge. I saw my chests and luggage were already there. I turned around, and the lady looked at me and said, “Just so you know, the introductory event starts at 6, you can call someone to guide you if you need.” I smiled and said, “Thank you very much madame.” and then closed the door. I took off my shoes and I explored the residence further. Tenger flew off and perched on a built nest in the corner of the room. There were perches and cages of animals labeled “Eagle Food” all over the room. On the mantelpiece there was an envelope with a letter from grandpa. 

It read like this:

 

Dear Asura,

 

I hope you reached the academy safe and sound. The day you are scheduled to arrive is the   night of the introductory evening. You will get a feel for how you are placed in the school. Of course you are in a very particular position. 

 

As I have told you, the Narakam Empire is the largest and most powerful of the 12 kingdoms and 4 empires. The House of Khan is also known for being immensely powerful in magic and military tradition. Of course you need to exemplify this power as Crown prince. The last Narakam Crown prince who went to that school was me, close to 100 years ago. There have been narakam nobles who have gone to that school, and there are a bunch of Narakam nobles currently attending Kulinan Academy, 1 of whom is your second cousin. 

 

Of course explemlifying the power of our country and our family shouldn't get in the way of your enjoyment of school. Try to have fun. You should probably change if you haven't already. In your bed chamber there is a full military uniform. Of course the heir to the Narakam throne holds the military position of deputy supreme commander of the Narakam Armed Forces. I would recommend you wear that to the event. In the Kulinan academy they do education from the 7th year till the 14th year of education. They are split between higher school and lower school. You are joining in the 11th year, which is  the first year of the higher level. There is a Royal Class in each year, the class is made of the 16 most powerful (in terms of status) students, in that year. As per rules of the school, the royal class is made up of 1 student from each empire and kingdom. For those entering the higher level, the opening to the introductory evening will have those in the Royal Class announced and standing on stage. But like most things in the demon world, even within the announcing ceremony a power dynamic exists. The order by which the class is announced is from least powerful to most powerful. The first sorting is by order of how high on the line of succession to their respective throne each person is. Then if multiple people are in the same position in the order of succession, those people are sorted by the relative power and importance of their respective nations. As such, I expect you will be last in line. So maintain decorum and represent our nation well.  

 

In all seriousness Asura, I know you are a serious person and not very sociable, but please try and make friends. It is not only good for the empire, but it is also good for you. A good emperor shouldn't be a social recluse.  I hope you can adapt and have a nice time. Do your best, and enjoy yourself. 

If you ever find yourself not knowing what to do, follow your heart and let the ancestors guide you.

 

Sincerely yours,

Dushtan Khan (Grandpa)

 

I put down the envelope and walked across the living room into my bedroom. I saw the large canopy with red and gold sheets. There was a nesting pillow on a gold pedestal. There were 2 dressers and a large thing that appeared to be a TV. The state of demonic tech astonished me. They had harnessed electricity through the use of magical conductors rather than circuits and wires. It made me miss earth a bit but it also made me fell as though I had never left earth to begin with. I turned and noticed I had a balcony outside looking into the hills the distance. I saw a black uniform neatly folded on my bed. I closed the curtains and my door, then I put the uniform on. I looked at the time 5:50. I walked to the living room and lit the fireplace with magic. I put the awards on my military jacket then I called Tenger and left for the event. It was time to make myself known and begin my new life truly!

 

Unknown:

 

I rushed down the hall as fast as I could. This is one time I couldn't afford to be late as I always was. I had just gotten out of my living area and I needed to run to the ballroom. The stupid dress I was wearing was super hard to move in. I had to pay attention to the floor so as to not trip on it. I wasn't looking ahead of me, and just then I crashed into somebody. We both fell on the floor, all I noticed about them was their clothes.  I got up and screamed that I was sorry and ran off. I managed to reach the ballroom on time. One of the staff came up to me and asked “You are the princess Alkitab, right?” “Yep thats me!” “Please come with me your highness” I followed him outside and through the corridor and into a room that resembled a small lounge. The man said, “We will bring you out when your name is called for the royal class introduction.” I smiled and gave him a thumbs up “Okay”. I sat there waiting. I ate some of the snacks they had put out while I waited. 

 

Suddenly I heard a knock, “You are about to be called your highness”. I got up and walked out, the man led me around a corner and into the stage, the curtains were drawn. I heard them announce “Her Royal Highness Princess Amira Alkitab of Masadir” I straightened my tiara, and got ready. The curtains and I walked out. I waved and smiled. The lady announcing gestured to a throne with the family symbol on it. I went and took a seat. All the other thrones were filled except the 4 big ones in the center. The big dogs. The imperial royalty. The lady began to talk again, I tuned out most of what she said until she said who it was. “His Imperial highness Prince  Khina Vansh of the Kanshai Empire.” A boy emerged from behind the curtains. He was average sized, pale skin, brown hair, glasses and was dressed in what seemed to be a 3 piece white business suit. He bowed and sat down on the smallest of the 4 thrones. She began announcing again “Next we have, Her Imperial Highness Princess Khaitan Buraldag of the Undesten Empire.” A girl slightly taller than me walked out. She was wearing a dark green jacket which was buttoned on the left side of her torso and a purple dress. She had black hair, mid ranged skin and a chiseled and gorgeous face.  She took a seat in his throne, which was the third largest. The next person was announced, “His Imperial Majesty Prince Tamashi Kunshu of the Teikoku Empire. She was wearing a large silver dress. She had dark hair, and a slightly lighter mid ranged skin tone. She smiled as she occupied the second largest throne. All the seats on stage were filled except the largest of them, the one remaining in the middle. It had a pole sticking out of its right side for some reason. Then they announced the last name. “We now welcome His Imperial Majesty, Crown Prince of the Narakam Empire, Asura Khan” The curtains opened and a tall dark skinned boy in a black military uniform stepped forward. He had a large eagle resting on his arm, in the other hand he was gripping the hilt of a sword. He had lovely black hair with horizontal red streaks running through it. I noticed his uniform.  Black jacket, multiple awards, and epaulets. The horror and realization washed over me. Oh no, this was the guy I knocked over in the hall. He was the crown prince of the Narakam empire?! I was screwed. His eagle went and perched on the pole on his throne. He then proceeded to take his seat on the last throne. I was a bit too taken aback and worried. The audience began clapping and it interrupted my train of thought. As we all got up to get off the stage and enjoy the party, I wanted to apologize to him.  I saw him exiting the stage, then I ran after him. I tapped him on the shoulder, he turned around and looked at me. I blurted it out, “I'm very sorry for knocking you over earlier and running away please don't hurt me, it was an honest accident.” For his part, he looked perplexed before he smiled and said “It's quite alright. I never caught your name, what was it?” “Amira. Amira Alkitab” he gestured with his head as he spoke. “Pleasure to meet you Amira. Would you care to join me for the evening?” “Um. Sure”

From that point the evening went off without a hitch.

1