Chapter 8
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As we walked into the ballroom from the small side entrance we saw the ball going well. Asura looked down at his watch and said, “oh look at the time, I have to start the dances. No better time, now that I have myself the most beautiful girl in the world as a partner.” I blushed and he walked onto the stage. He got to the podium and began speaking. “I hope you are all are having an enjoyable evening! As the clock strikes 12 the traditional dance of Rulers will commence. Due to the unfortunate absence of every head of state this evening, in accordance with procedure, the dance of the rulers will have to be combined with the dance of the heirs. Then the night shall continue. The clock currently runs at 5 minutes till the midnight hour!” Everyone moved out of the inner area of the ballroom behind the pillars. One by one 14 pairs of people walked into the inner area. Strangely enough, they were all my classmates in the royal class. I found it interesting they were all heirs to their respective thrones but none of them had the crown in their title. Until it hit me, the crown title was only given to the heirs of the 4 empires, and probably like me the other 2 were not officially given the title as of yet. As I saw, the royal class was entirely made up of the heirs of the 16 nations. Each of them seemingly had a dance partner from their own kingdom. There were only 2 heirs left. Asura had suddenly disappeared. I heard people whisper around me things like; “Who do you think is his partner?” “The heir to the Narakam empire, it must be someone important”. I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder, I looked and saw Asura standing there looking at me. He smiled and bowed his head, “Care to join me for this dance, my little bunny rabbit?” I took his hand and walked with him to the inner area of the ballroom. Asura led us to the centre of the circle. I heard whispers swirl around us. I looked around and saw everyone staring at us. My own classmates actually didn't seem to notice. They were so focused on their partners they weren't even looking at us.I felt a little uneasy, until I felt a pair of lips on my forehead. I turned and Asura just looked at me and said “Don't worry about everyone else, just enjoy this moment with me. It's no use feeling uncomfortable. Of course I put a spell on the others where they won't see that it is you dancing with me. Don't worry darling, I have it under control.” I felt immensely happy at being called darling. It was like I was dreaming and this was the best dream imaginable. I smiled and blushed a little, Asura seemed to sense when something was wrong and he even went as far as to cast spells on all of our classmates so they didn't see us. I was beginning to realise the duality of this man. He was a brilliant and astute statesman, with an earnest attitude towards life who maintained an image of emotionlessness . At the same time, the hidden inner layer of him was a big softie who cared deeply for those he loved. 

 

As the clock struck 12 the orchestra began playing a certain song. I felt as if I had heard it before. Asura and I began moving with the song. First we danced in the Narakam style of ballroom dance, then the Teikoku style halfway through, all the way we stared into each other's eyes. When the dance was over, I realized that Asura and I were so focused on each other at that moment that we had actually flown up and had been dancing in the air. Asura realized at around the same time, we both landed back on the ground. Asura kissed my hand and flew us onto the stage. What I found strange was the fact that he had 2 pairs of extremely strong and very large wings with one pair being slightly smaller and lower on his back than the other. I had never seen anyone with 4 wings before. All demons regularly had only 1 pair of wings. Asura and I landed on the stage, where my classmates already took seats on the thrones. I sat down and Asura began to speak again. 

 

The rest of the night went on like a dream. At the end of the evening I hugged my father goodbye as we all boarded the Narakam train back to school. It was very early in the morning and somewhere during the ride I fell asleep. 

 

I woke up on the soft warm bed in my imperial residence in the dorms. I got up immediately. I didn't remember arriving at school. I was still in my dress clothes from the day before.  My chest hurt a great deal. I had a large chest and I hadn't had a change of undergarments for over 24 hours. I checked the time. It was 6:32, then I realised it was a saturday. I didn't have class and I could just relax for the weekend. Usually on weekends we were allowed to do basically whatever we wanted. Due to our high status, we were allowed trips back to our domains when we felt like it. The nearest was a city in the Narakam empire which was a 30 minute train ride from the school. They had the best train network of any of the nations, possibly due to the fact that they had to communicate more quickly across their vast empire to keep the large and powerful narakam army in sync. I snapped out of my train of thought because I was super uncomfortable in my dress, so I decided to get up and get ready for the day. First I went and took a shower. After that I changed into some casual clothes. Despite being the heir to the throne of the second largest nation in the world, I didn't like dressing up so I liked to dress casually unless it was necessary to wear proper clothes. Many of the girls in the class were much like that. I wore a T-shirt and sweatpants. I was feeling hungry but I couldn't really cook, so I went out of my residence in hopes I could get something pre-made in the huge common kitchen. When I left my residence, the hallway was completely quiet. Inari had gotten up and came running behind me. She was a beautiful beast, she was a wolf with a beautiful white fur coat. She had 6 tails; each was tipped with silver fur. I pet her a bit, then left my residence.  I suddenly saw a paper sign posted on the outside of  my door, it read; “Nobody disturb the sleeping angel. Anybody who does will answer to Asura Khan, and be skinned alive!”. Sleeping Angel, Asura is very affectionate, and as it seemed he had no real inhibitions about expressing affection toward me. It was quite cute but bizarre at times. He was a very lovey dovey person behind closed doors, but in front of others he maintained his cold hard exterior. Even with our night dates he was very jovial and happy. Towards others he seemed cold and intimidating. I chuckled at the sign and went down to the common area, it was completely deserted, I was the first one up as it seemed. I looked at the table and saw a whole hot breakfast of Bacon and eggs, Toast, Baked beans & Milk. They all looked freshly cooked. I saw a little note card next to it, “A nice hot breakfast for my little bunny, from Asura Khan.”. I sat down and began to eat. The breakfast was still hot, meaning Asura had just made it. He was nowhere to be found. Once I finished I put the dishes in the dishwasher and went to find Asura. He wasn't anywhere in the common room so I went up to the Narakam residence. I stood outside the door, then suddenly I felt a tingling sensation on my right hand. I looked down, and I hadn't noticed before, but a ring had materialised on my right hand ring finger. I looked at it closer, it was made of a strange white metal. I couldn't remove it. It seemed to have some silver writing on the underside of the ring. I couldn't read it because I was wearing it. The words abruptly appeared in my head. It was in a mysterious language, then in a second my mind began translating it, the silver writing said; “The ring of the Empress of Life. Soulmate of the Sun.” I was confused. I thought it was a joke. I tried again to take it off. I summoned some oil and still that didn't work. Then I tried the spell of breaking. The spell deflected off the ring, which emanated with bright green magic. This was magically protected to the highest level. The realization hit me like a freight train. It was an actual soul bond. I opened the door to the Narakam residence and saw Asura, meditating. I looked at his hand and relief washed over me, he possessed a mysterious ring as well. Although his ring was black with gold. I rushed over and gave Asura a big hug. I had gotten so worried that I would be soulmates with someone else and I wouldn't be able to date him. He looked at me and smiled. “Good morning darling. Did you sleep well? You fell asleep on my shoulder on the train ride back, so I carried you to your residence once we reached.” “ I slept fine. Asura did you see the rings?” “Yeah. it's weird they are protected by powerful magic. They randomly appeared last night. I didn't really notice them at first” “Darling, the rings mean we are soulmates!” I gave him a big hug. “That's great. Did you enjoy your breakfast?” I was confused at his reaction. But I suppose that he might have figured it out already and got past it. But it was still strange.  “Yeah I loved it” “That's great. Let's head back downstairs, I can make some tea and we can watch the news.” “Alright.” We both got up. He called his eagle who came and landed on his shoulder. He was wearing long pants and like always his black military top. His hair seemed to have grown longer, it reached the back of his neck. His hair also grew out a bit in the front as well. The colouration had also changed. The ends of his hair were now red as well instead of just streaks. He looked back at me and grabbed my hand. He looked at me and smiled, but as he looked into my eyes, his smile suddenly disappeared. “Darling, were your eyes always blue like that?” “What?” He quickly led me to the bathroom and I saw myself in the mirror. My eyes had turned from brown to a stunning blue. I looked at Asura, I stared into his red eyes. I worried he would find me ugly and leave me. I began to cry. I thought he would have just left me alone there. Instead he hugged me. He whispered to me; “You somehow managed to look even more beautiful than before.” He was so sweet. He took my hand again and we walked down to the common area. We sat down on the couches and Asura got some tea. We sat there and talked about the politics of the demonic nations and the possibilities of our empires having closer alliances. Our conversations were deeply intriguing, they ranged from the economic side to the political effects. Our empires both had the exact same system of government but have had a love-hate relationship since the ancient times. So much to the extent no Narkam and Teikoku rulers have ever wed, ever.  We talked  a while, and finished our tea. Asura was just about to get up to go, when Inari jumped up on him and began smelling him. I was shocked and berated her “Inari, thats my boyfriend get off of him.” upon hearing that Inari looked at me and just tilted her head in a look of confusion. “Yeah he is my boyfriend no need to look so shocked. I have a life without you y'know.” Asura chuckled, “It's quite alright darling, I love dogs. She was just investigating me. I remember I had a dog growing up, Vir, had the soul of a lion. A rottweiler, great family dogs they are.  Of course she is a summon so she would know we are very close and I think that's what prompted her little investigation.” he pet her and then she turned around and began to lick him. “I think she likes me, hehe” He managed to get up, Inari decided to return to my side. “Ok darling I am gonna go meditate. Just come in whenever you feel like I will be back in about 2 hours. “Aww, OK.” He gave me a hug and headed upstairs. I was wondering what Asura was referring to when he said he had a dog? Was this narakam slang for wolves?  I was confused but I chose not to question it as it would probably be a bit silly. I went to one of the open areas and played with Inari.

 

After a couple of hours everyone had gotten up and had breakfast and we were all just chilling in the common area. I was talking to Kedo and the girls. Suddenly about half the class fell silent at the same time. I looked to see what it was. They were all staring at Asura. He had changed and was now dressed in Jeans, a black tanktop. The tanktop exposed his muscles fairly decently. He had done his hair and looked dashing. His pupils were still circular which was good. Although his fierce red eyes were a tad intimidating. Although this morning was one of the only times I had ever seen him without his sword strapped to him. Usually he never went anywhere without being armed. This was the most casual I had ever seen him dressed. Everyone was still silent as he walked over and plopped down next to me. Tenger cried out and came flying, then landed next to him.  He spread his arms out, and put one leg crossed over the other. Everyone was just sort of shocked. He seemed to either not notice or ignore it. “Whew, I meditated for about an hour and tenger wanted to play, so I went out flying with him. I am tired.” Everyone was silent, I was about to speak when Asura suddenly spoke loudly; “If you lot wouldn't mind leaving me alone, that would be great.” He whipped out a dagger and pointed it at them. Everyone looked away and went back to their business. Asura sighed, put his dagger away and just leaned. I was a little worried, he never dressed like this. I decided to inquire. “Is everything alright Asura?” “Yeah yeah it's all good. Grandpa said the other day, I should dress more casually. I am generally always in formal attire but dressing casual once in a while ain't too bad heh. Do you not like it darling?” I loved this look. It showed his upper body muscle off. His uniforms normally hid his muscle, it also appears like he liked it that way. “No-no I think it looks great.” I gave him a hug. He put his arm over me. “So where did you want to go for your date?” I thought about it. “I dunno. I-”. The Doors of the dorm burst open at that moment. We all got up to look at what it was. 4 people came forward. At the front of the group there was a tall boy about the same size as Asura if not shorter. He had black hair and brown eyes like everyone in the demon world . Like the other 3 he wore a standard grey school uniform. He had the Narkam coat of arms patched onto his right shoulder sleeve. Next to him was a girl about my height. Her uniform had a patch with the Teikoku coat of arms on the same place as the tall boy’s. She had brown hair which was made into a bun. She had a gleaming smile across her face. To her right she was pulling a boy around the same height. He had black hair, and glasses. He was wearing a cloak. He seemed to be reluctant and was seemingly being forced into it. On the Narakam boy’s left there was another girl. She was slightly shorter than the Narakam boy. She had a serious look plastered on her face. She had dark purple hair. They stood there as the class gathered around to see what was happening. I turned and saw Asura suddenly changed into a Military uniform with his sword by his hip. Me, Asura, Khaitan and Khina stood forward. All 4 of the people faced us and knelt. They spoke at the same time “An honour to meet you, your imperial majesties.” Asura stretched his hand out. “Rise up and please state your purpose here”. They all stood up. The boy in front spoke. “We are here to bring the royal class to the opening of the student council as delegation heads. Please come along with us and I shall explain.” “May I know who you are exactly?” The boy bowed and introduced himself. “I am Prince Agni Khan of the Narakam Empire.” The energetic girl spoke, “I am Duchess Hakai Tengoku of the Teikoku Empire.” I thought she looked vaguely familiar, she was my paternal Second cousin.  The other girl introduced herself next. “I am Countess Shilon Vansh of the Kanshai Empire.” the last one mumbled something nobody could hear. Agni spoke up, “This is Prince Shinshi Buraldag of the Undesten empire. We are the current student governing cabinet. We are here to escort you to the student council room.” Asura spoke up again. “If you would please sit here for a minute while my classmates change into something more presentable and representative of their positions.” “Oh but of course your majesties. We shall wait.” He and the others went and sat on a couch in the corner of the room. People seemed to have taken the hint and went and changed. Just as I was leaving Asura spoke; “Do hurry back darling. I wouldn't want you to miss anything.” he shot me a quick smile. I chuckled and ran back to my residence.

 

Asura Khan:

I sat down opposite the seniors on the sofa. They looked at me and whispered. Agni was the first to speak. “Asura. How have you been? It's been so long since I last saw you. You are so big now.” “I am fine. Do I know you?” “You are kidding right? We are cousins. We used to hang out all the time when we were kids. Your mother is my father’s older sister. Though I suppose we haven't seen each other for nearly 11 years” “Apologies captain, but I have forgotten most of that part of my life. However I am well. How are you? ” “Ah no hard feelings. Well all is going well. I am living quite happily. I see you have become a real prim and proper gentleman haven't you?” “I suppose you could say that. I do what is required of my position.” “Anyways it's good to meet you.” Shinshi began tugging on Agni’s shirt and whispered something into his ear. Agni turned to him and spoke in a hushed tone. He turned back to me and his eyes lit up again. “Ah Asura, allow me to introduce you to Shinshi. He is my boyfriend but he is quite shy.” “A pleasure to meet you sir.” Agni giggled and asked “Asura, do you have anyone special in your life? With you looking as you do as well as your position, I'm sure  you have your pick of the bunch.” “I have the most beautiful person in the world. But I would say the identity is confidential.” “Aww. Sad.” I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and suddenly felt something soft pressing my nose then “Boop” I focused my eyes. It was just Tamashi. I felt at ease. I felt my heart skip a beat when I saw her cute smile. I smiled a bit. “Sit down silly. Have some decorum.” She chuckled and sat down next to me. The rest of the class was coming around. I turned to look back at the seniors. Of course Agni had a massive smile across his face. “ I think I may have an inkling as to the identity.” I quickly changed the subject, “So where is your eagle?” “Oh she is resting in my dorm, we had intense training this morning. Lovely to see yours though.” I smiled. We all got up as the class gathered around us. “Ok guys we shall escort you to the student council building.” I spoke to Sean, he said he had heard of them. They were the “big 4” of the academy. They had a reputation as up until our class formed, they were the 4 highest ranking people in the school. We walked through the large corridors of the campus. We went up a floor then crossed a corridor bridge. It was extravagant and long. It had flags on either side in between the windows all along it. At the end there were 2 large gold doors. The 4 seniors stopped and told us to get in order. They opened the doors and we walked through. We entered a large room with statues and flags.  The  4 seniors stood in front of us and spoke. “As you may be aware, today is the new session of the student government. The Student council of this school controls the entirety of the land under school dominion. Of course you may know Kulinan Academy Contrary to what you may believe, the teachers have essentially no power whatsoever in the school government, this is generally due to the large number of students being of higher standing than the faculty. However outside the council building the faculty have authority over every individual student except 4, the president, the vice-president, the speaker of the parliament and any reigning head of state who attends the school. The student council is made up of 2 powers. The student parliament, and the student government. The Student Parliament is made up of 16 delegations each having 1 vote. The “Key 6” members of the student government get 1 vote each in the parliament as well. Often the key 6 are their delegation leaders which gives those nations 2 votes. A thing to note is the “Veto power” held by the 4 empires. Anything trying to be passed through the parliament can be Vetoed by any of the 4 empires for any reason, meaning it cant be passed even if the majority of delegations support it. Of course you will learn more as you take part. The important thing now is the ways each delegation works. Every delegation has a delegation leader, who makes the decisions and is an ambassador of sorts, there are other people in the delegation, they are there as advisors and assistants as well as making decisions in the absence of the delegation leader generally speaking. This is where you all come in. The delegation heads are elected by the sitting delegation, which in turn are selected by a vote by the student population of that nation in the event of a vacancy. Now every single delegation has voted each of you to be their leader. The sitting delegation leaders, including the 4 of us have elected to shift to simply being advisors, this is mainly due to your standings as the heirs to your respective nations. Now what will happen is you will meet with the leader of your nation's delegation and they will tell you procedure and such. They can take it from here you guys try and enjoy. The door opened and a group of people walked in. Everyone split up to meet with their respective person. I walked over to Agni. When I reached him he gave me a big hug. “It's still amazing to see you after all these years Asura.” He gave me a great big smile. “You were smart as a whip back then and the way I hear it you are a savvy politician. Listen here Asura, I think you should run for President. You would have the backing of your friends, and I’m sure you can out do most anyone in your class.” “Yeah why not. I’ll run for president.” “You will do great. So, procedure goes as follows; first the speaker will open the parliament. Then the candidates go to the podium and place their hands on the book of truth. It's a book that was apparently written by the founders of the school thousands of years ago. Nobody has ever deciphered what is written inside the book, however it has 2 purposes. When somebody lies while touching it, the book will become red hot and burn them. But it has also been enchanted to send a dossier about the individual to the head of each delegation. Anyways, so each candidate has to place their hand upon the book then read the spell, its the only thing in the book that anyone has ever been able to decipher. It is the spell that sends the dossier. After all candidates do that, a vote is held. The candidate with the majority wins. There are 18 votes that are able to be cast, if a candidate gets 10 votes they win. What happens after is something we can get to later. But for now let's go get you seated.

 

We walked through the doors and into an Enormous chamber. There was a podium in the centre at the back. It was elevated and seemed to be and had a throne of sorts behind it. The chamber interior was vast. It had 2 rows of tables setup and connected in semi-circles. The inner circle had 4 tables which were large and the outer semicircle was made of 16 smaller tables. Agni led me to one of the large 4 tables in the inner semi circle. I looked around and saw everyone else taking seats. A student walked up and sat down at the podium in the centre of the chamber. She spoke after about a minute of silence; “ I, Speaker of the Kulinan Parliament hereby open the parliament once more! Now due to scheduling errors we had to hold the opening on a saturday, I apologise. We will try to get this done as quickly as possible. There seem to be an almost complete lack of presidential nominations this year so it shouldn't take too long. So without further ado the candidates for President are; His Imperial highness, Prince Khina Vansh of the Kanshai Empire and His Imperial Majesty, Crown Prince Asura Khan of the Narakam empire. Could they please follow procedure in the order they were called. I noticed the flat podium in the centre of the room with a book on it. Khina went, placed his hand on the book and read the spell. Suddenly a couple pieces of paper stapled together. I went,placed my hand on the book and read the spell. I heard the shuffling of paper. Then whispering. Then suddenly someone shouted; “What is this? What happened?” I went back to my table and saw the paper had come out in the same script as the book. Which I realised, was the same as the language around the symbol yesterday at the ball. I went back to the book and recited the spell again. The same thing happened again. I turned to the speaker of the parliament, “Should I try a different spell from the book?” “You must be joking.” “No. I am not. I am able to read what is written.” “Fine. This should be amusing.” She sat back with a confident smirk. I put my hand over the book and recited the spell written in gold with the text under it, “For the successor”. A beam of red shot out of the book and surrounded me. Those around me looked shocked. Except my classmates, everyone's eyes were wide as saucers. I looked back at the speaker and snarkily said; “Amusing enough for you madam speaker?”. She still commenced the vote after a minute of shock hanging in the air. “The results of the presidential election are as follows: The next president will be… His Imperial Majesty Asura Khan with 13 voted for him, 2 votes for His Imperial Highness Prince Khina Vansh and 3 abstentions. That is all we needed done for today. This session of the Parliament is hereby ended!”

 

I was suddenly being walked to a different section of the building by Agni. I had the entire Narakam delegation behind me. We entered a different tower, the halls were grand and bright. We entered a large room through large golden doors. Agni said, “Welcome to your new office, Asura.” I walked to the desk and sat down behind it.  This will do nicely. The office was ornately decorated. I wasn't particularly in the mood for official work. “Asura, you of course see the job of president essentially means you are the head of state. You need to form a cabinet of ministers and such.” “I am completely aware. However, for now I am taking the day off. Good day everyone” I got out of my chair and walked away.

0