Chapter 4
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Emperor Tamrkan Vansh:

Defence minister Guntak Sansho rushed into my office. He appeared to be frantic and out of breath. He took a second to breath before gasping, “ Your majesty, your majesty! The rebels have taken the southern capital!”. I was utterly shocked. I was sure these fish loving peasants and their little revolt would have petered out.  “They took Kandakjur? I thought they operated much further south. How much territory have they taken?” “They haven taken all of the deep south and polar territories, we estimate around 500,000 square kilometres is under their control. Their force is professionally regimented. They are much stronger than we anticipated, your majesty. They will most likely strike eastward next, to recapture the lands we removed them from previously.” I was processing this information. Not only did these peasants have the gall to rebel, but they were able to regiment and capture vast quantities of territory? They had to be crushed. I had to assert my control. Clearly the army leadership is incompetent, they allowed such large amounts of land, and even the southern capital of Kandakjur to be captured. I made my decision. “ Sansho, I will take charge of the military personally. We’ll recapture Kandakjur and put an end to this once and for all.” “ Yes, your majesty”. He bowed  and left to relay the order. This couldn't be allowed to continue, word could not get out that we are in the middle of a civil war. I was this close to being able to put Khina on the throne of the great demonic emperor. That old man Khan would not let go. I couldn't believe he didn't kick the bucket yet. I certainly hoped he did. With that kid Asura out of the picture, the Narakam state will descend into chaos. I would be able to make Khina the great demonic emperor, and then I would control all demon kind. The Vansh dynasty would be immortal! I just needed to keep this civil war under wraps. If I seemed weak, that would severely hurt Khina’s chances at being recognised as the successor. Even though it had been years, I was still weary of news of what happened to the Kalantaikal reaching the ears of the others. That old git was frail, but he still had immense magical power and the most powerful army in existence. But as long as I could keep the appearance of stability I would be in the clear. I needed to crush those rebels asap. Lest the other natives start getting any ideas. I would finish what my ancestors started. The complete and utter extermination of the vermin that called themselves the natives of this continent. 

 

Tamashi Kunshu:

I stepped out of the imperial carriage. The cold air hit me very suddenly. If I wanted to follow the clues I had come across, this would be the best place. The top of Mount Yumanatang. The mountain was beautiful. The snow on the trees as they glistened in the sunlight. I walked up the path to the flat peak. I could sense the immense magic force present within the mountains. Something was here, I had to find out what it was and where it was, that would hopefully lead me to Asura. At the peak of the mountain there was an ancient shrine. It had remained undisturbed for thousands of years. The nearest settlement was supposed to be a couple hundred kilometers from here. I touched the sealing stone, which proved my magical and imperial blood and thus it unlocked the barrier that surrounded the peak. I had only read about the magic that protected the shrine. I had never actually seen it before. When I walked past the sealing stone I physically sensed the levels of magic getting higher the closer I got to the shrine. I felt and heard the snow crunch under my feet. I stepped in front of the shrine. The shrine itself was a carved stone statue of a dragon, which was inside of a doorless hut-like structure made of stone. I sat on my knees and began meditating. This meditation heightened my senses, it increased my sensitivity to magic. I sat there, I calmed my mind and searched. I searched for even the slightest hint of Asura’s magic. I sat there for hours, yet not a trace. I was discouraged slightly. Before I could whip out my flute to play it. A feminine voice came from behind the statue. “Don’t bother, that won't work. “. A man clad in white came out from behind the statue. He had light skin, bright blue eyes like mine, and carried a fan in his hand. He had long hair and was generally good looking. I realized, this must be my ancestor, my predecessor. He fluttered his fan and said, '' I'm sorry my child, but you wont be able to find him like that no matter how much you try. I can give you the idea as to where he is. I am used to Nai-Nai’s dark magic, I am much more sensitive to it than you are. I can tell you, Nai-Nai’s successor, your soulmate is under the eves of the tree under which we met.” I thought about what that meant. So little was known about the great emperor's time. The only thing that was known about them was their legend. 

 

Back in the time when magic did not exist. When the demon world was asunder. There was perpetual war. There were 1 million demon kingdoms across the vast world. A prince and his wife came out of the smoke. They appeared to be able to have complete control over the elements of the world. They used their abilities to unite the demon world. One by one the kings and queens of the demon world swore their allegiance to the prince. He was thus declared emperor of the great global demonic empire. They ruled together for years and years. They died together one day and the demon world fell into chaos once more. 

 

What was not known by many except for the people at the upper echelons of demonic government, was that the great emperor and empress left behind a prophecy. Some day in the far future, they would both return. They would keep the world united and they would be there to protect all demonkind. They would lead Demonkind into a golden age. These successors would be the heirs to the imperial thrones left behind by the emperor and empress. 

 

I thought deeply, what could he be referring to? What tree could they have met under? Surely no tree could have lived that long. Then it came to me. He was under the one tree rumored to be over 500 thousand years old. He was under the great cherry tree on the shrine hill. 

 

I couldn't wait around to ask questions. I bowed to my ancestor before rushing out to grab the carriage. I had no time to waste. I could only hope I would reach in time. I burst into the carriage and yelled, “Take me back to Kulinan, as fast as you can.” the Coachman responded “yes madam president”. I decided to meditate to calm my senses. I thought that I had seen him before, if I could gather enough magic I could summon him again. I took out the flute and began to play. Slowly and gently, I played some high notes which gave a lovely tune, comparable to that of a songbird. Then slowly it descended down until I had reached a full 2 octaves below where I had started. I could slowly feel the magical energy surrounding me and be imbued within me. I wished to see my ancestor again and willed for him strongly as I began playing again. I had let instinct take over. I let my fingers take over. About 2 bars in I realized I was not playing the song of summoning but rather something different. This was much higher, but also much simpler. It seems to vaguely remind me of something, as if I had heard it before. I kept playing. My fingers moved so quickly and with such fluidity. I knew not of why I was able to play this piece I had never heard before. I did for some reason vaguely remember hearing this at some point, deep in the past. I slowly finished the peace and opened my eyes. I heard my ancestor’s voice behind me. “You played wonderfully” I turned around and saw him sitting in a chair smiling and clapping. He opened the fan and fluttered it before smiling and saying. “ You remind me very much of how I was back when I was alive. But I assume you didn’t try to summon me for the sake of compliments to your flute playing skills. So go one child, what is it that you want to ask of me? “ I spoke boldly and replied very frankly, “How do I find Asura” He stopped fluttering his fan before closing it. He sighed and said “ I will teach you how to trace dark magic such as his. Be prepared. You may not like where this path leads.” I simply nodded and responded “ anything to find him”.

 

Eiji Hanzutoko:

I walked into the palatial garden. The emperor sat there yet again playing with his rabbits, while looking out into the mountains. From behind it was hard to tell what he was wearing due to his long hair. But I found it strange how the emperor seemed to enjoy the cold of these mountains. I myself had to wear several layers to even leave the palace, but the emperor seemed to have no issues. I suppose the dark emperor has his ways of doing things. I carried the tray and laid in front of his majesty. “Your tea, your majesty.” I dared not look at his face. At night, he was a very different person that he was during the day. I could feel his powerful aura even without looking at him. I stared at the floor the entire time. He could be a very nice person, but at night he truly was an object of terror. Nobody dared disturb him once the sun set unless they had been summoned by him or unless they had urgent news. Although I myself did find something peculiar. He often spent the nights out here in the garden. It was a strange type of garden that the emperor himself had requested. The path was made of stones, with big sections of carefully raked black sand.  There were a couple of other sections to the garden. There was a grassy area with beautiful bushes and flowers growing. There was a waterfall in the back of the garden which fed the stream which stretched all across the palace as well as the many ponds and hot springs in the garden as well as the rest of the palace. The entire garden was built at the end of the palace facing the mountains . At the very end near the ledge, the emperor sat on a rock and played with his rabbits that roamed the garden. He would often come here at night, the other place he could often be found was in the pavilion which stretched out into the lake. It was surrounded by lotuses and lilies. It was very cold in the nights, yet he never seemed to sleep, nor did he ever come inside the palace at night. He would just stare into the mountains. Once, he was disturbed by a drunken officer. That officer was killed almost instantly by his majesty. After that day he made it abundantly clear, not to disturb him at night. But I did find it peculiar that he would ask for tea almost every night. That too he would ask for me specifically to bring it to him. His majesty was a mystery. While I was thinking, the emperor spoke. “What is the news from the front?” I nodded and spoke, while still looking towards the floor. “ Good news, your majesty. We have taken the southern capital and will head east.” the emperor sighed and replied, “They will anticipate us heading east, but I do suppose it is time to finally meet them in full battle. To retake the Kalantaikal homeland. This will be a pivotal battle. I think I will have to lead this battle myself.” He put his hand on my shoulder and said, “ Eiji, please take care of the palace and have the carriage prepared. I’m going to go to Rakhsagan fortress. I will lead my army.” I nodded and left. I had to admit, the emperor was powerful and struck fear into the hearts of many of his underlings, but he was a true leader. I went to prepare his carriage. What was to come next would certainly be significant.

0