Chapter 1
24 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was the thing now. The new trend. People would ask others,

"What's the first weapon that comes to your head?" 

Randomly. At any time. At any point. Sometimes a student would raise their hand and ask the teacher. Each teacher always had the same thing. One teacher, Mrs. Fiddle would say a ruler because rumor was it she would give people scars by smacking them with a ruler. Another teacher, Miss. NoNo (everyone called her Grandma NoNo though) instantly would say a cane, and then wack the person with hers. One teacher refused to answer because they said it didn't seem appropriate for school. No one liked her. 

Tony was walking through the hallway with his friend, laughing about a certain joke about the teacher who refused to answer the question. 

"So, Tony . . . what's the first weapon that comes to your head?" His friend asked. 

"Frying Pan." Tony answered instantly since he spent the entire school year waiting for someone to ask him the question that he had brainstormed every night. 

"Haha! Frying Pan? Why's that?" 

"Don't know. I could seriously give someone a concussion if you handed me a frying pan and said to do so though." Tony smirked as he friend laughed. 

"Okay! If you say so. Come on, let's get to class." His friend waved his hand for Tony to follow him.

Tony nodded and did so. 

Tony watched as Grandma NoNo answered a new kid when they asked what was the first weapon that came to her head the teacher almost instantly wacked the person in the head with her cane,

"My cane." The teacher turned and faced the class, "Now, class . . . does anyone remember what we learned last week?" 

Tony slowly raised his hand.

"Really? Someone actually does? That's a surprise." The teacher went to the board and grabbed the mechanical pen. 

She wrote on the board, sometimes glancing at Tony.

"So, boy," She said sternly and placed the pen down, "can you answer this question?" 

Tony nodded.

"Then come up and do it!" The old lady screeched the words.

Tony scrambled out of his chair and to the board. 

The teacher looked at the mechanical pen and glanced at Tony. He nodded and picked it up. He glanced at the board and sighed. He scribbled down the answer of 234.569% on the board and the teacher looked at him surprised.

"Well that was quick." The teacher wacked him with her cane, "Did you cheat?!" 

"What?! No! This type of stuff is just easy for me . . ." Tony shrugged.

"If you say so . . ." Grandma NoNo glanced around the room, "BACK TO YOUR SEAT!" 

Tony instantly set down the mechanical pen and practically ran to his chair. 

"Now that I have tested him, would anyone else like to?" 

No one raised their hand.

"Thought so." The teacher smacked her cane on the board and began speaking. 

Someone next to Tony nudged him, "Hey!" They whispered.

It was a boy with straight brown hair, and dazzling green eyes.

"Y-yeah?" Tony stuttered, surprised this boy was talking to him.

"How did you get that answer? Did you cheat?"

"What?! No!" Tony almost yelled and then he covered his mouth, "Of course not." Tony said more quietly. 

The boy smirked, "You sure? You can tell me you know. I won't tell anyone."

"I didn't! I swear!"

"BOYS?!" The teacher turned, "DO WE HAVE A PROBLEM?!" 

"No ma'am." Tony answered.

"Thought so." The teacher kept talking. 

"If you say so." The boy turned away from him and looked in a bored matter back at the teacher. 

Tony sighed and shook his head. He did the same.

Tony grabbed his bike and unlocked it. His body felt numb for some reason when he hopped on the bike. Dark clouds were rolling in the sky and he was sure it was about to rain. He had a two mile ride to his house and he had a feeling he would have to do it in the rain. He began moving. Cars left the school building. Some person picked up a pretty girl and they talked, laughed, and the girl put her head on his shoulder. Tony felt a slight pinge of jealousy fill him. No girl liked him. with his messy jet black hair and his dull brown eyes, who could like him? He sighed and kept going. 

Tony came home soaking wet and alone. He trudged to the bathroom and took a quick shower. He went to his room and flopped onto his bed. A screen suddenly popped up in front of him. 

'What is the first weapon that comes to your mind?' the screen read. 

"Wait, what?" Tony reached out for it and the screen moved away from him, "Okay then." 

The screen blinked and flashed red. The screen started counting down from 10. 

"Uh-" Tony glanced around, "FRYING PAN!" He yelled at the last few seconds.

'Frying Pan selected.

"Selected? What does that-" Tony began but suddenly a scream followed from outside. He darted and looked out. 

Zombies roamed the place and people were getting eaten. Tony opened his mouth to scream and suddenly a frying pan was in his hand.

'Your weapon has been chosen. Good luck.' The screen blinked off and Tony was left with a frying pan and a zombie hord.

1