The Head Prefect
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

      CHAPTER 1

         THAT was the first time in his entire school life, Mike felt himself sinking into silence—in the truest sense. Usually, this room is a silent witness to the crowds and students in grades 10-1 who don't stop making noise throughout the school period. But the thing that had happened was the farewell ceremony that saved him today. 

       The tenth grade and their seniors were busy outside, celebrating farewell to the third-year seniors who were taking a month off. Mike was left in the third floor class alone with his favorite notebook. Number three, today brings good luck to that boy. He glanced at the door every second and then, imagining what he might write this afternoon. 

       It kept bothering him until then the sounds outside reached the room where Mike was. There were noises from the field that sounded far up above. He felt disturbed and did not choose to remain silent. Mike got up from his chair and pulled over to the window to peek. In the center of the field, there were a large number of female disciples crowding around. He didn't think it was something worth debating in his mind. At least he himself didn't interfere with the large group below. 

       One of the female students emerged from the crowd with great effort like a mouse escaping a snare. His hand was holding a cloth and the name of Brook written on it. Exactly something was pulling them all there. The crowd, the voices and the chanting of this troubled music turned out to be coming from there. The crowd in the middle of the field. Mike was curious—actually didn't really care—and peered through the window. The only boy he knew best was there, surrounded by model male-crazed female students. 

        The man in the middle is singing. Each tone is slashing, the words convey a deep sadness. The sound is also good and flows just like that just right. Mike fully understands. This is not a new sight. The man he saw was their head prefect, one of the genius students at their school. Called the "Prince of the West School" by students around their school, a tacky and exaggerated nickname. His name is Brook Schrewer.



0