Chapter 1
139 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"No, no, no!" I instantly found myself groaning in frustration, "Bring me back to my old life! With my old family and friends!"
A snapping in the bushes got my attention.
"Will you quit moving!" A voice came from it in a low whisper.
"He's looking over here! Shh!"
"Who's there?" I called out.
No reply.
"Hello? Anyone?"
More rustling and a younger girl came flying out of the bush. I rushed forward, quicker than I thought possible and caught her. She screeched.
"Calm down! I won't hurt you!"
"Who are you?" She asked as I set her down.
"I'm . . ." I looked down at myself. I had no shirt, my pants looked like the were made of green flames and I was bare foot. I reached towards my hair, still wavy and hopefully brown and had a flower crown in it. I checked my back and saw huge bird wings were on them. Green and covered with ivy and flowers.
"It's as if you don't know who you are!" The girl giggled.
"Actually I don't." I shrugged, "What's your name?"
"I'm Amanda. My brother Ethan is over there." She pointed towards the bush she had come out of.
I finally just looked at the girl named Amanda. She had long blonde hair, a green dress, was also barefoot, had blue eyes, fair skin and a flower crown.
"Doofus! You were supposed to act like I wasn't here!" A person who was around the age that I am, or used to be came up from the bushes. He had blonde curly hair, green eyes, fair skin, freckles, a green leaf shirt and pants and was barefoot like me and Amanda. One thing I just noticed was that they both had sharp ears. My hand darted up to mine and felt. Nothing was different, I still had round ears.
"What's up with you? It's as if you don't know who you are."
"Who said I did?" I muttered .
"Hm?" Ethan looked at me.
"Nothing."
"I like your wings." Amanda came up to them and touched them gently.

I shivered, "Please don't."

Amanda pulled away, "Sorry." 

"It's fine." I smiled.

Ethan's face suddenly filled with terror. 

"Amanda!" He yelled them darted out, grabbed her and ran into the forest. 

"What the . . ." Why did they run? Suddenly a large shadow covered me. I turned slowly and my eyes rested on a large creature. 

"H-hello. I come in peace?" I laughed softly. 

The monster growled then pounced. I opened my mouth to scream but a large green flame erupted from my mouth. The creature froze and was engulfed in them. The flames died down and his figure was outlined in ashes then they fell to the ground. I breathed in deeply. Had I just done that? The ashes fluttered away in the breeze. A bright light came and I shut my eyes. I opened them again when the light got dull. An elegant woman was in front of me.

"Hello Spring Phoenix." The woman said in a soothing voice.

"Who are you?!" I fell down and backed away.

"I am goddess evergreen. I am here to introduce you to the world."

"Goddess evergreen? Where am I?!"

"A new world that has been recently created."

"Okay . . ."

"You are a Spring Phoenix, you have many powers that you will soon find out and you can look at your stats by simply asking. That is all. Goodbye." The light flashed again and the lady was gone. 

"Just by asking?" I sighed and stood, "Um . . . Can I see my stats?" A screen appeared in front of me. 

'Being: Spring Phoenix.          Powers: Flame breath (Unlocked) Control Of Others (locked), Ivy Growth (locked) , Death Eyes (locked), Flying (can do but still have not learned)'

I pressed on a button in the top right corner and more information on my stats came up,

'Being: Spring Phoenix.                       Power info: 

Flame Breath (unlocked): Breathe a large gust of green flame at enemies. Open mouth when in danger and make a loud noise. You will not hear the loud noise but you will activate the flame breath. Examples of loud noises: screaming, yelling, etc

Control Of Others (locked): Control other nature/green flame benders and other Spring Phoenixs. Look at target straight in eye and blink twice to activate. Examples of nature/green flame benders: Nature elves, Tree Benders, Zirkles, other Spring Phoenixs, etc

Ivy Growth (locked): Control ivy or other vines with amazing strength. Yell "IVY GROWTH" to activate. Use finger to move around the ivy/vines. 

Death Eyes (locked): Kill any living creature by staring at them. Look at target and point at them to activate. Examples of things Death Eyes does not work on: Zombies, shadow creatures, and illusions

Flying (can do but still have not learned): Use wings to soar up into the air. Flap wings like a bird to activate. '

Well it told me about all the things I couldn't do yet. How helpful. I wonder, what more about me is there other than my powers (that are mostly locked). The screen changed and now read,

'Being: Spring Phoenix. Height: 6'5 Age: 7,624 years. Lives: Felina's land.   Creator: Goddess evergreen.'

Guess that goddess is back. My mind raced with all this. Now all I needed was sleep. Did I still sleep? I sighed and walked to a bush. I dug through and found a nice cozy place to sleep. Even if I wasn't supposed to, I would still sleep. Maybe this was all a dream. Maybe I'd wake up and be myself again. Great. Can't wait. And I drifted off to sleep.

5