Prologue
586 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A map was spread out on the table. Directions on it with little scribbled notes on what to avoid and what might be worth visiting.
"So, who's in?" The woman was bold, strong and sterdy. 

The man next to her raised his hand, "Me."

"Okay. Emily?" The woman looked at me.
I paused for a moment, "I'm in."
The woman smiled, "Good." She glanced at the last person, "Arnold?"
"No way. I'm out. This is way to dangerous. You people are crazy." He turned and ran.
"He's always been a scaredy cat." The woman looked at me and the man,  "Anyone else want to leave?" She motioned towards the door.
We both shook our heads.
"Good. At least not all of us are wimps."
The man paused, "Actually, I think I have to go!" He laughed quietly, "Yep! Well, goodbye!" He turned and ran out of the place.
The woman shook her head, "You leaving too?"
"No. I'll stay."
The woman smiled warmly, "What are we waiting for then?"
I grinned and we left together.
Deep in the forest we traveled until we came to a temple. We both grinned at each other. We headed in and a large noise came and an arrow flew in front of me. I gasped and fell forward. I landed on my face and got on my hands and knees. My hand slapped on a tile and it slid down. I fell again but got back up.
"Emily!" The woman called my name but it was too late. A large axe came out of nowhere and sliced me in two. Guess that was the end. What did I expect? My soul drifted off my body and I watched from it. I was going up. To heaven? I hoped so. I looked and saw my body, splattered in blood. The woman ran to my body shocked. She grabbed it and checked my pulse. She held back tears and stood,
"I'll make through this for you Emily."
I smiled. I wanted to call out and thank her but I was whisked away. A bright light filled my vision and then went away. I was in a white room with a man. He was hanging a picture on the wall. The picture was blank though. He turned and faced me. He was Hollywood perfect. He smiled and motioned for me to follow him. I raced over.
"Who are you? Is this heaven?"
The man stopped smiling, "Heaven? Oh goodness no. This is . . . Well that's not something important. What would you like to be?"
"What do you mean?"
"You are here to recarnated." He paused and looked at my confused face, "Recarnation? You know? Dying then coming back to life as something else?"
"Oh yeah! I know what you're talking about. Just thought you said something else."
The man gave me a look, "Well?"
"Well what?"
"What do you want to be?! I'm loosing my patience. I have more people to attend to."
"Um . . ." I remembered what I had been doing, "The treasure. The one I was trying to get to before I died."
"Okay. Rubiks Cube it is."
"What?! I said the treasure not a Rubiks-" but I couldn't finish my sentence. There was a bright light and I was in a dark room on a pillar. And I was a colorful puzzle box.

3