Meeting my favorite character-1
151 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been a week since I transmigrated and became Noah Macmillan, an 18 years old teenager. "Cynthia" That's the name of the webnovel, this world is based on. Well, I didn't read it till the end. In the original novel, Noah was the male lead's diehard fan. Well I have no intension of being like that anyway. I mean I do like the male lead but I don't drool over hate characters..... Not always. I will just wait for a year and then enter the academy like in the original. In this world kids enter the magic academy when they turn 18. It's like a 2 year course, where you are trained for a specific field that you are good at. May it be magic, weapon welding or cooking. I will apply there next year since I, or the original Noah was in a coma for a year after he had an accident.

Also it's not bad here. Even though my looks are average, I am rich. I also regained the memories of original Noah, so things are convenient. Even though I did say that I am only going to laze around this whole year, I still want to meet someone. Well I am going to meet him today. 

"Noah are you ready. The carriage is waiting for you."

"Yes, I am coming."

The one who called me is my older brother, Nathen Macmillan. He is 3 years older than I am. I pushed open the door of my room and was greeted by the smiling faces of my parents Kaleb Macmillan, my father and the count of this estate and Joana Macmillan, my mother and the countess of this estate. What I learnt from the memories of original Noah is that our relationship is really good and my father and brother who is also the future count of this estate are peace loving and kind. 

"We are so happy that you decided to go out son. You can take it slow and if you feel even the slightest bit of discomfort just come back. Okay." My mother looked at me with loving and concerned eyes. 

"It's okay mother, don't worry. " I smiled brightly at her. 

"Noah, just because you are going to the Ducal estate you don't have to be scared. Just be yourself and don't worry about anything."

"Okay."

I quickly went inside the carriage as soon as they finished talking. I bid them farewell and soon the carriage started moving. 

Since I was in a coma for a year, my parents were concerned about my mental health. Unlike others I was to enter the academy after a year and they didn't want me to feel lonely or left out at the academy. So, they suggested me to befriend Richt Von Ellijah, the only heir of the Ellijah Duke estate. He is a year younger than me and was to enter the academy next year too. So, my parents and the Duke himself suggested this. Apparently the Duke and my fathers were friends since their academy time. 

In the original novel Noah rejected this offer but I readily accepted it, because Richt is the guy I want to meet. He is my favorite character after all. In the novel his childhood was described only with two lines 'Richt grew out to be a colder person because of his mother's abusive nature. With each bruise appearing on his skin, the light in his heart vanished gradually.' Well his mother is dead though. She died when Richt was 12. He killed her. In the eyes of other people, it was just an unfortunate accident. Apparently, even the Duke thinks that it was just an accident. The Duke never knew about the abuse Richt went through until he was in his death bed. At the age of 25, Richt went insane and massacred all the people of the estate. 'He stabbed his sword in his father's chest slowly as tears rolled down from his eyes and said, 'You could have stopped it, you could have helped me but you didn't. You never knew anything. It's your fault' the Duke smiled gently at his son and took his last breath as he mumbled 'sorry'.' That's also upto the part, I read. 

You might think why I like this villain. Well for me, I found him the most realistic character in the whole novel. He stopped caring about the world after he killed his mother. He hated everything and everyone. Well anyone in his shoes would have done the same. We all are human, there is so much that we can endure. Maybe it's just sympathy but I still want to help him. We all need someone in our life sometime. I might not be the best choice out there to soothe a injured heart but atleast he won't be lonely,if he get a friend. As mentioned in the novel, he was quick to pick on people's intension, so at first it was really hard for him to maintain his expression in front of someone with evil motive. That's also how he stopped trusting people until he met the female lead. 

My carriage soon reached the Ducal estate. It was huge. As I entered inside the castle I saw the Duke and Richt standing, probably waiting for me. 

The Duke had a sweet smile on his face while Richt didn't looked much interested but he was still observing me. 

"I greet the Grand Duke and his highness young master Richt. Thank you for having me."

"Don't need to be so formal. Just be comfortable and ask the servant if you need anything. Richt can also help you out."

"Thank you."

The Duke left after some time and I was now alone with Richt. Richt had long hair till his waist and golden shiny eyes. He might look hotter and cooler in the future but right now he looked so cute. He was also thinner and a head shorter than me. 

"I will be in your care from now on then." I smiled as brightly as I can which made Richt frown a little. 

'Kyaahhhh.... He looks cute even when he frowns.'

"Ahem, so what should we do now?"

"I don't know. Since you are the one who visited me, you decide." He still had his uninterested stoic expression. 

'Well I guess we are too old to play like kids and too young to drink and chat. So what can we do.'

"What do you usually do at this time?"

"I study at the library."

'Gahhhh.... I hate studying.'

"Okay go on, study then, I will watch you."

Richt didn't say anything and started walking. Naturally I followed him to the library. He walked to his table and started working on the questions. His handwriting was neat and pretty just like him. But I am bored. 

"Hey, can I borrow a book and read it."

"Yes" I smiled at his reply and quickly started searching for something of my taste in the large library with probably hundreds of books. After searching for a while I finally found something and quickly carried it to the table and sat beside Richt. 

'The lingering warmth that you left' that was the title of the book. 

"Is that the type of book you like." Richt asked as he looked down at the book I am holding. 

"Of course. I love Romance books with lots of drama. I love those with lot of dog blood drama too. And, yeah bl are the best."

"Dog.... What?" Richt had funny expression as if asking what nonsense I am spouting. 

"Oh it's just something. Don't worry. By the way, do you want to read it with me."

"No thanks."

"Okay then."

It was quite for a while as the two were busy with their own work, only the sound of the flicking pages were heard. 

After hours Noah turned the last page of the book and looked at Richt with a gaze clearly saying 'Ask me about the book'. When Richt couldn't ignore the sparkling gaze anymore he turned to his side as he sighed. 

"Do you have something you want to say."

"Yes, read this book. It's really good."

'We will have something to talk about once he read this book. So, I must make sure to make him read it. It's too awkward because we have nothing to talk about.'

Richt looked at Noah for sometime before replying with an okay. 

"Hey, while you are reading it I will quickly return after taking stroll to the washroom."

'I have been holding it for quite sometime now because of the novel. I don't think I can hold it in anymore.'

".....Okay"

Noah ran super fast as soon as Richt opened the first page of the book. Richt looked at the disappearing back of Noah as he ran. His gaze was still on the door for sometime even after Noah disappeared from his sight. 

"Hey how much did you read?" Noah asked as he entered the room. 

'Damn I almost got lost, this mansion is just stupidly big.... Tsk. Looks like my sense of direction is still crappy.'

"Just until when the heroine figured that she has feelings for the male lead."

"I see."

"....."

'It's so quiet. Should I start a conversation. What should I say... Ummm'

"The heroine is pretty annoying. Isn't she?"

"I guess so."

"Yeah, she is so self centered."

"....And have lot of enemies."

"That's why she died in the end. The male lead also committed suicide after that. I mean what sort of crappy ending was that."

"......."

"........"

'Oops' 

Richt closed the book with a bang sound and looked at Noah in disbelief. 

                    *************

Who do you think would fall in love first?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
1