Turning 18 -2
88 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was way more nervous than Richt was, about this party. I don't like parties or gathering of a lot of people. It's not like I lack socialising skills, it's just that I get nervous whenever there are a lot of people. I was walking side by side with Richt, so the pair of eyes that looked at Richt when he was walking down the stairs also looked at me. To be honest, it was overwhelming. Richt knows about it, may be that's also why he was peeking at me time to time. 

"If you start feeling uncomfortable, don't wait for me and return to the room." Richt whispered

"Okay" I slightly nodded my head. 

After we joined the party, a lot of people approached Richt to congratulate him. Richt was handling them well but to me he also seemed worried about me. 

"Hey, I am going to look around a bit."

"Okay. Just return to room, if you don't feel like it."

"Sure"

I left the group and took a breath of relief. Now, then what do we have at the buffet table. 

It's been a long time since Richt saw this familiar faces. Well in this life, it's their first time meeting them. But Richt knows all of them. 

Noman Coreyhouse, the second son of Marquis Coreyhouse and the first to betray me. 

"Congratulations on turning 18, Young Master Richt."

"Thank you."

Rudolf Grignand, the firstborn of Count Grignand. I killed him in my last life after he failed to assassinate me a couple of times. 

"Congratulations on turning 18, Young Master Richt."

"Hmm... Thank you."

'All the people I killed in my last life are here. Standing in front of me, breathing and smiling at me. I don't even know how to feel about it.'

"Congratulations on becoming an adult, Young Master Richt." Richt turned back at the familiar voice. His eyes shook for a moment before returning to the normal state. It was the Crown Prince whi congratulated him. 

"Thank you, your highness." Richt put his hand in his right pocket and fiddled with the hairclip that Noah gifted him. Noah Macmillan died in his last life. He was accused of being a traitor because he helped me to run away from the prison. It was six months before I died.

I never really met Noah face to face or talked to him directly in my last life, before that time. I was imprisoned with heavy magic circles restraining me. When I thought that I would have to spend the rest of my life being locked up, that's when Noah came to me. 

-

"Hey, can you talk." Richt looked up and saw the indifferent face of Noah looking down at him. This past week that he was chained up. Many came and tortured him for amusement. 

"....." Richt didn't reply anything and just looked at Noah with cold eyes. 

"Huh..... I am not here to hurt you. I am here to talk."

-

"Young Master Richt are you okay? You look quite out of it."  Crown Prince, Leonard asked with concern in his eyes. 

"Yeah, I am okay. Just tired."

"I see."

'I wonder what Noah is doing? Should I go find him?'

-

'Oh.... This pasta is delicious. The chicken is also good.' Noah was enjoying his food in the balcony when he was disturbed by a sudden a tap on his shoulder. 

When he turned around he saw Crown Prince Leonard standing there with the food same as his. 

"Umm.... Can I sit here."

"Uhhh... Sure." The crown prince took a sit beside Noah and started eating his food elegantly. None of them bothered to talk with each other and rather focused completely on their food. 

"It tastes good with some chillie flakes." 

"Okay" Leonard took the sprinkler from Noah and did as he said. Surprisingly, it tastes good. 

"Why are you here, sitting alone Young Master Noah?"

"You know me?"

"Of course." Leonard chuckled. 

"I see."

"You didn't answer my question."

"Oh.... Well I don't like being around too many people."

"I understand."

"And, what are you doing here Your highness?"

"I don't like being around too many people either."

"Hmm"

"Umm... Are you perhaps uncomfortable because of me?" Leonard asked cautiously. 

"Why would I?"

"Then can I stay here for a while."

"Of course you can. It's not my place so you don't need to ask for permission."

"Thank you." 

'He is surprisingly on the quieter side.' I nodded my head and Leonard smiled a little in return. After that it was quite. None of us said anything. 

May be it has been quite long since I left the party because Richt came to the balcony searching for me. 

"Found you." Richt said as he walked toward me. 

"I was never lost to begin with."

"I asked father and he said we can leave the party now. You are staying over today right."

"Yeah" Richt smiled at my reply. 

"You two know each other."

"Oh.... Yes we are friends." Richt replied after finally acknowledging the presence of the crown prince. 

'Why is here? What was he talking about with Noah?' Richt frowned internally but didn't show his displease on his face. 

"Ho.... I didn't know." Leonard looked confused for a while but understood nonetheless. 

"For Young Master to say he is your friend. You must really care about Noah." Leonard grinned as his eyes curved into a crescent moon. 

"We will excuse ourselves now Your highness." Richt cutoff Leonard and grabbed Noah's wrist. 

Noah didn't know what was happening but he understood that Richt was uncomfortable with the crown prince around. 

"We will take our leave now your highness. We have other plans."

Noah emphasized the word 'plan'. 

"Sure, I must have hold you for too long. Once again congratulations Young Master Richt and let's meet again at the academy Noah."

"If the crown prince wishes to."

Richt didn't like where the conversation was going so he quickly pulled Noah to his side and strode off. 

"Ho, interesting. I don't remember seeing Young Master smile so brightly at someone. Looks like things are going to be interesting at academy." Leonard smirked as he watched the retreating figure of Richt and Noah with clear interest in his eyes. 

Richt didn't like it when he realised who Noah was with? How can he like this situation when he knows it well that in his previous life Noah was in love with the Crown Prince. Of course, it's not his place to say who Noah should date and who he shouldn't. But not that bastard. Noah is Richt's first friend and he doesn't want anyone to hurt his friend. That's why it can be anyone but not Leonard. After all it was Leonard who announced the death sentence to Noah in his previous life. 

          **************

1