Chapter 2 MEMORIES – PART 8
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What the fuck?” Strained the faun.

“Huh!”

Everyone around, including his attackers were either scared or stunned the wits out—surprising because that hit was enough to kill the average person and even some of the more stronger people…

He slowly lifted his leg and then lightly stomps his foot to the ground, he was up in a second.

Kobar wiggled, punched and scratched to get out of his grip but it became tighter, not to mention unscathed from the attacks.

 

“Huh?”

“What, what’s going on?”

“I’m awake but I can’t I have no control of my body”

Something was wrong.

The Nate in control was not the Nate.

He was trapped in his own consciousness, shackled on the arms and feet, suspended in the air. The chains on the shackles on his feet drove into the ground of the white endless void of his consciousness and on his arms’ stretching out into the endless white sky.

“Where, am I?”

He was in chains to his other, the one he feared, the one he hated, the one he fed to keep at bay, the root of everything he saw—This was the side of him once in control would break anything and everything in his path.

A cackle broke out from nowhere. He heard the distorted voice echo with the cackle in the white void of his consciousness.

“Weak, just weak. Your body? You are weak; it’s mine to have now.”

 

“Let me out. Give it back.”

“NO. You’re just too weak. Too weak to even try to stop me.” Spoke the distorted voice from within the mindscape to the only one who could hear. That sadistic smile as he watched the Faun struggle in his grip.

No, I can’t breathe. Everything is blurring out. My limbs are fading out from oxygen deprivation. I can’t even get any hit in now… Is this where I die? … I can’t die. I don’t want to die in a place, not like this. Such a crappy place. Huh, it was fun while it lasted. At least I got to have all the fights I wanted. Scrambled the Faun’s thoughts as his life line was on a thin string, about snapping.

His dilated eyes were being replaced by, instead of a white, but now reddish veiny sclera as he was losing consciousness.

Snap… The Faun’s neck snapped with ease in his hand.

 

Within the mindscape Nate watched the Faun’s neck snap.

“No!!”

He begun to shake and wiggle. The shackles scrapped the skin of his attached joint, blood oozing out and staining the white floor.

 

“DON’T YOU DARE HURT ANYONE! I’M THE ONLY ONE WITH THE RIGHT TO.”

Like jelly the corpse started to dissolve sliding towards Nate’s arm entering into his skin. Bones and flesh disappeared into Nate’s. Everyone watched in horror as nothing was left of the faun.

“What just happened?”

“What was that?”

“Did you see?”

“I can’t believe that just happened.”

“Is he really human?”

“What on earth is he?”

“A human shouldn’t be able to do that, right?”

His hand fell limply to his side.

The spectators could hear each other’s thoughts as their words slipped out unconsciously due to their dread.

Allora was just lost in her thoughts unable to really grasp what just happened. What was that just now? What is he?

The remaining trio were dumbstruck, locked in dread.

“Or ELSE!? I don’t get it. Why do you even bother? Do you honestly think you care for them? You don’t… You’ve changed, in just a couple of days. You’re weaker, now. Nearly an eternity of mercilessness and this is where you break!” He replied back to the one in the mindscape.

He was someone without any remorse, who would take the life of anything that should stand before his path but in just a couple of days he made it into the ruin he change and he, Nate, knew.

Feeling the air drastically change around him, they felt a force on them, even those with untrained perception could feel the change, no one could hold back on the thought that something had been unleashed. They couldn’t hold back the flooding thoughts as they tried to comprehend what was happening. And it sent a chill into their spines.

… It was something sinister.

A dark smile crept on his face.

“My turn!” He said in a distorted voice.

He takes a step… whoosh… He was so fast they lost sight of him.

—That was fast… Where did he go? … What’s happening?—

That was the thoughts running through the minds of everyone present including a chained Nate. His vision blurred from the motion.

When they caught up he was before Br’ir’uc and Kqeef.

“Keep up if you can.”

Their eyes grew wider when they noticed who was in his hand.

He creepily looked to his right hand sending chills into the spins of people. He had impaled Afaghis through the chest with his fist. Afaghis was still alive gasping for air as tears of blood run down his cheeks and from his mouth and nose.

“I SAID STOP!”

 

Nate shook, vigorously trying to break from his chains, the shackles cutting deep into his flesh allowing blood to slowly flow. Chains shot from under the white ground and down from the white sky wrapping around him with a tight squeeze.

 

With a cough spewing out blood from his mouth he drew his last words;

“So fast. Didn’t… even… see a… thing.” groaned Afaghis exhaling his last breath.

…I’m so sorry. That was the last train of thought that trailed off in his mind remembering something as he fell into the eternal sleep.

Slowly his body shrunk… he was devoured as well.

Br’ir’uc gritted his teeth in anger.

“You bastaard!! Dieeeee!!!….”

 Br’ir’uc lunged forward with his sword for a stab.

The sword ran through Nate’s stomach and out his back—he grabbed the hand of Br’ir’uc…

Tap, tap, tap… Drops of thick dark red fluid run down the edge of the blade harmlessly dropping to the floor. It was his blood.

Nate’s head slowly jerked down to the wound.

“Now you die!” said the Gargoyle, sternly.

“…That looks fatal.”

Fear crept into the gargoyles eyes when Nate looked up at him.

As with everyone watching, fear exploded into the air yet again as they were expecting a different outcome, but seeing this was enough to make their heart drop into their bellies or loudly and rapidly beat to the point it might have escape from their chests. Such explosive delicious scent. The other thought.

He really isn’t human.

This can’t be real. I’m still in bed. Yea, that’s right. I’m still sleeping.

That sword did just run through him, right?

Why is he still alive?

What is he?

He can’t be human!

This is a dream! No, a nightmare!

So many questions kept popping up in their minds than they could keep up with as they tried to find feasible explanations for what they were seeing. They stood there too petrified to move.

What? I can’t move… He’s not human! What is this kid? I’m so scared. The gargoyle stood frozen. His expression complimenting his thought.

The sword had no effect and now he couldn’t even pull it out. He himself was paralyzed and could not move a muscle.

“What are you!?”

Slowly Nate’s left hand reach for the side of Br’ir’uc’s head taking a step closer burying the sword deeper, moving Br’ir’uc’s head down to his lever, to the right…

“Not human.” He whispered into his ear sending chills into every tissue that made his being. Fear had taken over and his expression was now even graver.

The gargoyle’s eyes so wide shifted to the edge of their sockets.

Crack crack crack. They could hear the sounds of bone cracking as Nate’s mouth opened wider and wider, his teeth became jagged, buried it in Br’ir’uc’s neck and bit a huge chunk clean through.

A gush of blood rushes out from the wound bathing the gargoyle in his own blood. He let go of the sword reaching his hand to his neck pressing on it—a futile endeavor—as lost his balance staggering backwards. A groan escaped him before he fell to the ground, blood spreading out, pooling on the ground.

Nate looked down to the sword which impaled him. Grabbed the hilt with his right hand and slowly pulled it out.

Clang—the sword fell to the ground.

His head jerked to the Serpent person.

“Ahhhhuh” The serpent person trembled in fear, sweating buckets and harshly breathing. He turned slithering away as fast as he could…

“No stay away, stay away.”

…But he was too slow.

He bumped right into Nate and fell. Nate took out his hand—

“No, please. I’m sorry…I’M SORRYahhhhk…”

The serpent’s flesh tore up as he was lifted into the air. The pieces of flesh flew towards Nate’s hand dissolving into paste before being absorbed into his palm. Bones fell to the ground turning to dust.

Nate shut his eyes to take a deep breath lifting his head up towards the sky, relishing in that euphoria brought from his freedom.

A cloud of smoke begun seeping out from underneath his feet, igniting into black flames slowly climbing up and engulfing his whole body and slowly burning away his clothing with the exception of his jacket.

His eyes shot open… His head fell looking at his new preys.

“MORE!”

THOOM

His flame inflated like a bubble about to pop…

It popped releasing a powerful shockwave out of his body kicking dust into the air.

He makes way towards the spectators gathered.

“What is he doing?”

“Is he…?”

“He’s going to kill us all!!”

Fear grabbed hold of them yet again.

“You should be running.” He spoke in a distorted voice.

“Ruuun!!”

Everybody bolted. Some were trampled on as they made their getaway in all directions, away from him.

 

Up in the building watching everything unfold. Seeing everyone panic his lips stretched to baleful grin, ecstatic.

“Ahh. That’s it!! Make them fear you!The more delicious you’ll make when I devour you whole. When we become one, they will fear us. Feed me their fears!”

His gleeful maniac laughter echoed through the building.

 

Pat… Pat… Tap… Drops of blood fell unto the pool of blood that stained the white floor.

“Stop, just stop… Give it back. No one has the right to kill them but me.”

Chained Nate said in a low monotonous voice, resigning to his fate. He was blood soaked.

Trickles of blood ran down his nose, mouth and the wounds left by the shackles around his hand and other parts as he had shook himself, so hard to escape their grip on him.

 

Nate continued to tail the town’s people at his own leisurely pace…

Flicker. Flicker. The little girl’s eyes flickered before opening up to a blur of Nate.

Resolving, she saw him holding the neck of a lizard man in his right hand, the hand was without flame. The lizard man’s skin slowly withered as his life was drained from him and was dropped to the ground before walking after the people who were running away, absolutely terrified.

Explosions rattled the area as he bombarded the place with fire balls that expelled from his flames.

She forced herself off the ground.

Flushing all her remaining energy to her little legs she quickly raced for him…

“So fragile… Huh?”

He stopped?

Allora, running with the crowd slowed down looking back at Nate.

She halted, the others scrambling around her.

He looks down and saw the little girl standing before him.

“Well, the only one with moxie… you’ll do.”

Nate slowly took out his arm aiming at her.

“Don’t you dare hurt her” He heard Nate’s dejected voice from within.

The little girl’s skin started to flake but before it went any deeper she ran to embrace him. Her cloths started burn from the flames, slowly burning her flesh.

“How adorable… You’ll taste good. I wanted to eat you the very day I laid my eyes on you”

 

“Leave her alone!!” He barked with a new found spark.

“Watch her die.”

A new strength filled him.

“NOOOO!!!”  He pulls himself in and—Thunk— a link in the chain broke He pulled with all his might and all the chains shattered, surprising himself.

In the void of his mind he stood before a smoky black figure of himself.

“Give it back”.

He hurtled at the figure...

 

The surge from his body slow simmered down and faded out.

He whispered before passing out to the floor…

“Thank you.”

 

 “What a marvelous show… Did you enjoy that?”

 The entity said in the most sadistic tone.

“I sure did… brother’s so strong.” Said the smallish feminine figure also clad in black which was sitting on the edge of conference table swaying legs back and forth.

“Of course”

“I sure can’t wait to eat—meet him. Hihihihihi”

“I shall fetch him.”

“No.”

His answer stopped the man with the Mohawk in his tracks.

“Sire? Why not? He is helpless at the moment it’s best we bring him in whiles he poses no threat?”

The entity looked out the window to the four people walking away. The little girl holding on to Allora’s hand and one other girl carrying Nate in her arms.

“Do you fear, Pazu?”

“… No, sire! But an abomination like him should not exist. Taking advantage right now will be wise. He is unconscious. What possibly could those waitresses do to stop him from being taken?”

“How certain are you that he’s helpless? He has never been, so don’t underestimate brother.”

“No need… He’ll come to us.”

“… As you wish.” Even though he was stunned that his master would let such a opportunity slip he gave up with a bow of his head seeing that nothing will sway him but it wasn’t of his volition “…Tch” He held on to the anger that wrinkled his face.

 

○●○

0