11. Cultivation Is Hard
63 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An old woman is calmly standing in the shade, below a tree, looking at a little boy who was swinging a staff. She frowned her brows and harshly stated, "What are you doing, you good for nothing dreg. How did I teach you? If you cannot even do that properly then give-up cultivation. Swing it faster. If you cannot complete ten-thousand swings till this afternoon, you will practice for a whole night. Am I clear?" 

"Yes" 

The boy replied strongly even though he was tired.  

... 

It has been nearly two hours till I started swinging this staff. My hand hurts, my eyes are blurry and I hate training but this old hag has been giving military-like commands time after time. Fuck, I am only two years old. Can’t she see that I am already at my limit.  

"Why are you distracted? Do you feel it is easy?" 

"No ma'am." 

... 

The old woman calmly watched the little boy and said, "Good. You can rest after four hours" and walked away. 

After walking for a while, she met a dignified young lady in a pavilion. She bowed her head and reported, "Mistress, his condition is great. Just that, he is still just a child and may be mentally affected. But still, his mentality is somehow coping with all the workouts. It is like, he was born to train. 

(A/N: Well, he is an adult?) 

"Elaborate", the lady ordered. 

"I have been increasing his training hours slowly from last week and since we haven’t let him see any time measuring devices till now, he doesn’t know it, but still, all he is showing is fatigue at the end of the day." 

The lady looked towards the training field and signed. 

"Do what you want. But he should get ready within three years. I want his mentality towards cultivation be steadfast." 

The old lady bowed once again and disappeared. 

... 

The lady stood up and went towards the palace slowly. She seemed to be enjoying nature. 

“Sigh, how should I raise a ‘young master’?” 

... 

Meanwhile, in the training ground, a little girl curiously asked, "Hey, how long can you hold on?"  

I evilly looked at the girl and scoffed at her. 

"Hehe, you will know one month later." Then I kept practicing. 

... 

This young lady is Eve. She is a kind of pampered child. But I know, all her good days would end when she turned two years old. 

Last month, when I became two years old, I was told that I should start practicing martial arts and choose a weapon. And of course, I would choose what I like. So, I choose a glaive. After all, glaive is the coolest weapon to choose if you have enough strength. 

... 

After I chose my weapon, an old lady called Aunt Ma came and took me to the training ground. At first, I was very excited to train. It was fine till then. I was carrying hope and determination. She also gave me my first cultivation related gift. She called it a ‘training artefact’.  

It was a silver bracelet. It was smooth, eternally warm and could shapeshift to fit its user. It was covered in simple carved runes. It looked extremely pleasing and I readily accepted the bracelet. 

From then on, I started training. She started teaching me how to use a staff. It was not that hard. I just had to repeat the basic stance and swings. There was vertical bonk, horizontal bonk and diagonal bonk.  

...

Then my nightmare started. 

It would’ve been fine if it was just a simple training. But no. Here I am, swinging a god-damn staff for ten-thousand times and I can't even disobey. 

This damn bracelet is nuts. It gives me electric shock every time I don’t follow the instructions. The electric shock somehow directly attacks the nerves, making me feel pain but with no injury. I can't even complain that my body won't hold on cause' this bracelet also gives out a special kind of energy that heals all injuries completely. 

‘I am in hell...*sob*...’ 

... 

Equipped with this broken device, I have been practicing for a whole month. The only rest I get is to sleep for measly six hours.  

‘Why do I have to train like this? Is there a war happening outside or what?’ 

Myriad of questions flashes in my mind regularly. I had tried to distract myself with other things but the tearing and healing of the body tissues hurt a lot and somehow, I am not crying, not physically that is. But if someone could experience my mental turmoil, they will see every disaster possible occurring at the same time. 

... 

‘You should follow my training routine for three years to properly master basics of using glaive’, was what she requested but I knew that was not a request. That was an order.  

And like that my fate for three was decided. 

Who knew that the glaive is such a hard weapon to practice? Just to learn rudimentary moves of it, I have to first master all the basics of the staff, saber, spear, and close combat. I have to spend half a year time for each of these weapons for the next two years. I think I will turn into a training maniac till then. 

I also tried to change the old hag’s mind and put some sense into it and it didn’t work out well. 

I have also tried to learn why I was training so hard. It was to get recognition. Recognition from who, when, why? I don’t know but everyone seems pretty serious about it. While I'm not, sike! 

… 

‘And so, I trained, from beginning of void till...’ 

“Oye dreg, do you still have time to get distracted? Is my training becoming easier for you hmm?” 

“Sorry ma’am.” 

... 

(A/N: And so, he trained from beginning of void till end of time. 

MC: *sob* Thanks author.) 

… 

Sigh, how I miss Eva. She has been gone for a whole year now. If she was here now, she would have surely stopped the tyranny of this old witch. 

Big sister Ela said that she is a genius and her sect would train her more competitively and properly than here. I also got to know that her sect is named 'Origin’ and it is known as one of the top sacred grounds for cultivation. As for other information, I am not allowed to learn. Sometimes it feels like I am in a prison that doesn’t provide food. 

‘Shameless old man. I hope you suffer from constipation.” 

... 

I also learned this world's language when I was six months old. Rather than calling it learning, it would be more appropriate to say, I was baptized with it.  

I don't know how other people in this world learn the language but I do know in this family, you just have to stand in a formation-pattern made by complex runes and within ten minutes you could become a scholar. It feels ...plain? I know that I learned this world's language and speaking it but it feels like I am still speaking the language from my late life. It is plainly weird and mysterious kind of feeling. 

... 

After four hours of intense bonking, I carried my mentally and physically tired body outside the training ground, using my very own legs. One of my maids was waiting for me outside the training ground. I went towards her and slumped in her embrace and fell fast asleep. 

‘Let my life be a dream...’ 

 

 

 

2