14. Basic Mastery
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has already been five years since I arrived in this world. I experienced death, reincarnation, birth, betrayal, beauty saving the hero, childhood, women, and many more. But I have never felt so complex as today.

(A/N: You forgot peeing in bed!...aHem...Moving On...)

'Today, I am getting my rightful freedom... 

Today, I am getting free from this bracelet that bound me to slavery... 

Today, I will be free from slavery and rise... 

Rise like a phoenix... 

Rise like a rocket that never looks back... 

I shall move forward like a suicide bomber...No scratch that...

And someday, I shall be a great man... 

I shall rise with the sun and shine with the moon... 

I shall make my name a taboo; forever to be remembered, yet forever to be forgotten... 

I shall live... 

Live till the end of the universe. As death has long been beheaded by my glaive. 

I shall…..'

"Ercan, what happened? Your face looks complicated?"

...

I looked at my side. Eve was curiously looking at me. And I sighed.

'What a bad timing to ask a question. I was going to start a big bang again.'

I seriously looked at her cute face and said, "I've got freedom."

She seemingly confused, replied, "And?"

...

I speechlessly looked at her. As expected of a rich second generation talented to the extreme, she doesn't know the hardship of the common folks like me. Now I understand why protagonists all over the multiverse hate them. They are annoying as #$%*^&.

I showed her my right arm and removed the bracelet with the help of a unique key. It was an exhilarating feeling...it felt like I was in hell of hot spring...it felt alive...it... 

"H... HELL....HELLO?"

"Yes, where was I? Right..."

"Do you now understand, my lady?"

"Ohhhhhhhh..."

'That was rather long O, if I may think.'

"Hmm... Did you just think something derogatory about me?"

"NONONO of course not. I was just thinking about the bracelet."

'Damn, woman...'

"You don't seem sad removing it? It is a rare treasure, you know. There is only one of these in the whole clan and it was also accidentally made. So, there is simply no any copy of it."

Hearing what she said I asked again, hoping that my ears heard wrong.

"Say that again."

She mischievously looked at me and repeated sentence by sentence.

"I-SAID-THERE-IS-ONLY-ONE-BRACELET-OF-THIS-KIND-IN-THE-WHOLE-CLAN."

My lips twitched uncontrollably and I had an urge to slap myself.

'Why did I even ask? If I had just believed that I misheard then how good it will be.' 

I looked at the sky and sighed. Somehow, I started to pity myself. Maybe I have some mental issues? All that damn near-death hag's fault.

...

Eve looked at me and asked, "By the way, how did you become so strong these last few weeks? You nearly landed a hit on me."

I faced the sky and arrogantly replied with tingling eyes, "Humph, I trained hard." 

And I have all the right to be arrogant. I've gone through three years of hellish training after all. I have wasted energy equivalent to all the energy I ever had in my previous life in just about three years. Me nearly landing a hit on her already tells everything about my experience. And what I experience, may almighty let every #%^$*& people experience it...excluding the bracelet.

...

She scoffed at me and walked away. She obviously didn't believe me at all.

'Humph kids, trying to be smart.'

...

Halfway down the hallway she suddenly said, "By the way, I just remembered that Ela asked me to tell you that you have to go to the main gate the day after tomorrow. Be sure to go on time after-all there are eighteen levels in hell."

Hearing what she said, I shudderingly became happy. Finally, I am going to see the world. Now that I think about it, the clan should be ready to test us. But I am neither nervous nor afraid. The vicious training, I did these past three years wouldn't allow me to fail and... I am a coooooooool guy...

...

These three years, I have also already gained perfect mastery over basic moves of the spear, saber, staff, close combat, and glaive. Now, if I am put in any ranking competition, I would be the strongest below five years old in history or so it would have been if a certain witch was not born. 

So, frustrating...

...

In these last few months, my physique also seemed to be in its last phase of development. My talent and looks can now be called the best...or so I hope...again...sigh... Anyway, now I am only waiting for that opportune moment to shine.

...

In this world, everything that is needed to be mastered like martial techniques, cultivation methods, weapons, etc. The mastery is divided into two parts.

One is basic mastery. It means that you have learned the fundamental and foundational things. And another is perfect mastery. It means you have learned all the fundamental and complex things. Between these, there are no other methods to denote mastery. It is uncannily efficient.

It seems cultivators are not so bored to name after every stage in everything. 

Anyway, today I will sleep with all three of my beautiful maids. I will enjoy my freedom to the limit. As for going beyond the limit?

I say, "I am not that bored yet."

1