Chapter 1
101 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I didn't mind waking up. What I did mind was what happened when I left the safety of my room. I would leave and go to eat breakfast, hoping not to be noticed but my older brother is always there to exclaim how much of a disgrace I am. He would tease loud enough for my mother or father to hear and come out to start yelling at me for being so loud. I would apologize and go back to my room to grab my stuff for school. I'd leave the house well my mother or father would still be yelling at me, my brother in the background laughing. I would walk to school, when I get inside, I instantly begin to get teased. Poked around, called disgusting, pushed and then laughed at. I would brush it off and go to my locker, but away my stuff and go to class. In class I'd still be teased. I cherished my last class where no one bothered me and I could look at my long lost crush,Chris from afar. I'd then go home, still walking and go to my bedroom, ignoring everyone. Once everyone had gone to bed which was normally pretty late, I'd sneak out and grab food since my parents wouldn't serve me dinner. Not like I'd want to eat with them. I would take the food, go to my room and eat then go to bed. This was how my days went, until someone gave me a brilliant idea. It was a normal day and I was at school in math class, probably my class with the most bullies when a girl and her boyfriend came up to me.

"Hey Ethan." She grinned evil like, "See, I got a boyfriend. Say hi Justin."

Justin smirked, "Hey twerp."

"But . . ." The girl turned back to me, "I only did because . . ." She reached forward and snatched my notebook, "I'm a girl!" She threw my notebook on the floor and laughed. 

Justin began laughing too, "And you never will get one! Why don't you just run away! It's not like anyone wants you here!" They both walked to their seats laughing.

A light bulb went off in my head. Run away? Why hadn't I thought of that before?!

My notebook slid onto my desk. I looked up and saw Chris in front of me, "Ignore them. They're just be jerks." He smiled and my heart began beating faster. He turned and walked to his seat. I exhaled and nearly started laughing with joy. Chris! Chris had talked to me! The crush that I had had for forever! I shivered in excitement. After school I headed towards the fields. I watched as Chris and his team did practice. I pretended to be doing homework. I looked up and saw a girl racing towards Chris. Who was she? She threw her arms around him and kissed him. His arms wrapped around her waist and he pulled back with a smile. They started talking and the girl pulled away excited. 

"Yes!" She screamed. 

My heart instantly stopped. They kissed. I darted up and began running away from the field. I thought he had liked me. Of course, I was wrong! Why would he like a freak like me?! I ran home and into my room. I locked the door and sobbed on my bed. I had held back from running away for him! Now that was all ruined! Now nothing was in my way! I darted up and began stuffing a bag. I had snacks in it, water, clothes and a toothbrush and toothpaste. I unlocked my door and raced out. I grabbed my coat and left the house. I ran as far as I could but I had nowhere to go. I ran into the forest and kept running until I couldn't no more. I collapsed on the ground and sobbed. I was lost. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to run away. I wiped my tears and curled up. I closed my eyes and thought of the benefits of running away. No more bullying, no teasing, no have g to hate myself, no cruel parents no . . . And I drifted off into sleep. 

4