Intro
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Present

Unresting Heights, North of Gogborim

The ground shook violently, a spherical shockwave was emitted blowing away almost everything in its range. Adrius was sprawled on the ground, his mind reeling from the sudden shock. “This is not a defensive stance, gotta get up quickly, before that thing attacks again.” That's what Adrius thought, while his body was still struggling helplessly.

 

But the young prince did not have to worry about this anymore, for a large hand had grabbed his neck and lifted him up. “Wow, look who’s here. Isn't that the future King of Althia. What wind brought you to this remote place?” - Magore, the commander of the fortress, who was also the one that caused the commotion, spoke up. In other circumstances, these would probably be polite words of respect for a member of the Royal Family, and occasionally the best response would be to laugh it off. But with this current "high" position, Adrius couldn't even open his mouth, let alone laugh.

 

Without waiting for an answer, Magore slams him to the ground once more. The commander began to change his voice:

- Wouldn't it be better to settle down as a respected Prince in your country than running around like a rat here in Streyburg. Tell me, why do you know about this place? What is your real purpose?

- Strangely, I wanted to ask you the same questions. Perhaps, you answer them first, then I’ll do mine? It has to be back and forth, you know? - Adrius answered as he scrambled to his feet, trying to stand up.

- Such a strong-mouthed young man. Fine, I’ll crush your bones first, and then make you talk.

Saying that, the fierce commander raises the iron mace with both hands and slams it down on Adrius' head. This time, he is alert, generating Wind Force from his hand to push himself far before the attack landed, both to avoid it and create a safe distance from the opponent. With the remaining Wind Power, Adrius infuses it with Pyromancy to create a whirlwind of fire that shoots directly at Magore. With just one hand, the commander is able to parry his magic attack, getting pushed back just a little. His armor is extremely hard to penetrate.

- Is this Althia's elemental spell power? What a disappointment. Let me show you the power of Streyburg alchemy.

Releasing his hand from the mace, Magore thrust his shoulders forward and lunged at Adrius with terrifying speed. The ground shook as he moved, accompanied by a tremendous amount of air pressure. Adrius narrowly dodged his move, but was suddenly hit by the mace right in his ribs. How is this possible, he didn't even hold the mace back then… No, the mace moved on its own? This is crazy. Magore continued to release a flurry of strikes, leaving the young man no chance of retaliation. Every time he dodged the mace, he was hit by Magore himself and vice versa. It's like there are two people fighting him at the same time. Several bones have been broken, Adrius thinks. He staggers and collapses to the ground, unconsciously using hands to cover his mouth, but blood still gushes out. In front of him is a strong and brutal warrior, he is overwhelming him in every way. How to hold him back long enough for Evelyn and the others to destroy this place?

- Last chance, Prince, before I smash that pretty face of yours. Tell me, why did you break into my outpost?

No answer came out of Adrius. His mind is unclear after the series of pounding blows. Is this the right place to seek answers? Am I doing it correctly? I just want to save Althia, but the fact that I am exposed here can lead to a devastating war. Why did things turn out like this? Right, from that cursed winter…

0