Report
76 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

August strode through the headquarters with purpose. He was on his way to meet Dragon, to report to him he obtained a devil fruit and awakened conqueror's haki. Despite his serious looking expression, under it his eyes sparkled with anticipation, anticipation of seeing the reaction Dragon would have when he told him the news.

Would he finally react with something other than a blank look on his face? There was a bet in the headquarters that if anyone could get Dragon to show some form of emotion they would win the money in the prize pool. He planned to put that money to good use.

He opened the door to Dragon's office, taking in the sight of the massive round table filled with higher up members of the revolutionary army.

At the center was Dragon, with his all too familiar blank face. Off to his side was Ivankov, who had made it his life goal to make Dragon laugh ever since the prize pool was created, but he was failing quite miserably and he would soon see his efforts were for nothing. His other side was occupied by Kuma, a large man with an unproportional body, but very much intimidating. Despite his scary look and blank face that could give Dragon a run for his money, he was a big softie at heart.

August hadnt had many interactions with Kuma, but Kuma seemed to like him after he gave him a cute bear plushie and a bear bookmark for his bible. Their interactions are usually filled by a long comfortable silence where the two just relax or read.

Various other members were there as well, some of which included Betty, Karaso, Morley and Lindburgh, the 4 commanders.

"Ah, August, welcome back, I would ask about your trip but we are currently in a meeting, so if you cou-"

"It is urgent, some things happened on my trip and I have questions, and I trust the other members enough to show them. I don't want to hide anything"

"I'm sure most of you know, I was a slave. But before I was a slave, I was just a normal child living a happy life with 2 parents. But after my mother died, my dad became unhinged and beat me everyday, usually after spending the rest of it drinking. When he got bored of me, he sold me into Slavery where I nearly died, but I managed to pecivere and only came out of that island stronger."

By now every member was listening intently on the edge of their seats. Dragon was silent with a blank look, but everyone could feel his Anger. The usually loud Ivankov was quiet, even Kuma had a visible frown on his face.

"The purpose of my short little trip was to visit him. When I saw him all my emotions came to surface, all the anger, rage and sorrow. I tried to contain them, but I couldn't, and then the emotions bursted out, and some sort of shockwave was released from my body. I don't know how to describe it… it's like a massive pressure or ener- "

"WHAT!" Dragon stood up and slammed his hands onto the table. Some of the members looked clueless and confused at Dragon's outburst , a few of them actually flinching at his sudden gesture, while the few who knew had various looks of shock.

'Looks like I won the bet' August thought secretly.

"August, what you just described...Can you control it? Can you show it to me?" Dragon asked.

"Are you sure, some of the memb-"

"Don't worry about it, all of us here are strong enough" Dragon said with confidence, looking at each of his trusted members who had been with him through hardship after hardship.

"Ok...Here goes..." August was silent for a moment, closing his eyes. He focused on that feeling when he let off that incredible burst of pressure, he focused on the emotions he felt, his stance, everything.

"RAHHHHH" August screamed, and a massive burst of energy came forth, erupting to the 4 corners of the room, making some of the members sweat slightly.

"There's no mistake..." Kuma started with a smile.

"vThat is..."

"Conqueror's haki" Dragon finished.

"Meeting is adjourned, August stay here" Dragon said suddenly, dismissing the members.

"Do you know what that was?" Dragon asked shortly after everyone had left.

"No, should I?" August questioned.

"No, you shouldn't, but it's better you learn now. What you did just then was Conqueror's haki. It cannot be achieved through training, and It's said that only 1 in a million people or more possess it"

August was silent, disgusting the information he already knew from the anime. It hurt to pretend to Dragon, but he would never tell anyone the truth of his reincarnation. He didnt understand the stupidness of the protagonists when they explained they explained they were from another world, I mean how stupid is that?

"Do you have it? Also what can it be used for?" August inquired with a raised eyebrow. He was generally curious if Dragon had it, and if it could be used for something other than a fodder machine, because that was all it seemed to be at the moment. Why was something so rare so useless? surely there was more to it, August was 99% sure.

"I have it." Dragon confirmed. "It is mainly used to force your will on others, which can be used in a variety of different ways. You can either make them faint,scare them or dominate their mind. There is also...nevermind"

"Huh? What is it?" August asked. It confirmed his theory that there was something else, but he didn't know what. Looks like that DLC wasn't available yet.

"Nothing" Dragon said, and a silence enveloped the room until August picked the conversation up again.

"Also, I got a devil fruit" He said suddenly.

"You did?" Dragon asked surprised.

"Yeah, from my understanding it's called the Shatter Shatter Fruit, it allows me to...y'know, Shatter things" August said, rubbing his head.

"Hm, that sounds pretty good, does it work on humans?"

"Yeah, it does, but right now it only works on the outside layers of the body, so the muscles and skin. My powers aren't strong enough yet to work on the tougher parts like the bones or organs, but if I train my fruit enough I will get there." August explained, hopping on over to one of the broken chairs in the back of the room and cracking it with his powers.

Dragon nodded in affirmation, "The power of a fruit is only limited to its user. However, you have to do this yourself, if you ask others for help you will truly never understand your fruit and will never unlock its full potential. You need to have a connection with it, and it's a journey you must take alone"

August only smiled in response. "It's what I was planning to do."

-----------------------------------------------

"So you got a devil fruit!?" Sabo asked, excitement laced in his voice more than usual.

"Yeah, I did" I said, leaving it at that.

""Show us! Show us! Show us!"" Sabo and Koala exclaimed.

"Ok ok" I said in irritation. "You two are both giving me a headache. Watch carefully, cause I'm only doing it once"

Sabo and Koala rapidly nodded their heads up and down, it was clear that they were excited.

I bent down, using my strength to rip a small piece of rock out of the ground, holding it up with my palm wide open to them so they could see, and I activated my powers.

*CRACK* *CRACK*

Cracks rapidly formed on the rocks, and not even a second later it was already a crumbled mess resting on the palm of my hand.

""COOOOOOL""

I grinned, "It's called the Shatter Shatter fruit, im glad you like it"

"Hey, August, wanna spar? I wanna see how strong your fruit is" Sabo asked as he began stretching.

"Not now, we have to go on our first mission right?" I reminded him.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that, have you spoken to Dragon about it? Do you have any ideas?"

"I have one in mind, are you up for beating some slimy fish?" I said with a sly grin.

1