Granny Chiyo
77 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I let out a groan of pain as my eyes opened. I eyed my stomach and arms which were covered in bandages, where on earth was I? Thinking back to the fight, I could only be surprised that my arms and stomach actually survived.

Then again, it was 4 years before the start of the series, and Lucci had probably only just learned the Rokuougan, and only began to manage to perfect it during his undercover mission. In addition, if I wasn't mistaken then I most likely used some version of Tekkai before I was hit with the attack. Only in moments of dire stress do some things actually work, and it is shown here.

The most scary part was that if I had not discovered the glass applications of my fruit then I would have lost that fight without question. If I was stuck in close quarters, then Lucci would have me beat. If I had to guess then our physical strength was more or less the same, but Lucci's mastery of the Rokushiki and his Hybrid form had my shatter energy beat.

I clenched my fists in anger, this fight told me a lot of things. For starters, I need to get stronger, much stronger than I currently am. I need to up my training and improve my devil fruit, as the next time I fight a strong opponent my current strength wouldn't be enough. I barely managed to win by the skin of my teeth, and my pride wouldn't even call it a win as I fell down shortly after him.

I tried to move, only to feel a sharp stinging pain in my abdomen.

'Fuck,Fuck,Fuck' I mentally cursed,  giving up and slouching back down on the comfortable bed.

With not much else to do, I looked around the room from my bed. Although it was small, with only a desk and some medical supplies, it had a homely feeling that made me feel relaxed.

*CREAK*

The door slowly opened, creaking in protest as an old woman about half my height walked in. She walked in limping, holding a cane with one hand while the other rested at her side.

Her baggy eyes noticed me staring at her, and she merely replied back with a smile and limped on over to me slowly.

"Oh dear, you're awake." She said softly with a soothing voice. Her entire denecour, voice and appearance reminded me of my grandma who used to shower me with food and give me much more money for christmas.

"Who are you?" I asked, trying my best not to sound too rude or polite. Despite her appearance, I still didn't know if she was an enemy or ally, I couldn't be too sure. Appearances were often deceiving.

"You're very forward, aren't you dear? Well if you must know, I am Chiyo, call me Granny Chiyo though, it's what the residents call me." She chuckled at the last part, like it was a part of an inside joke or something.

"Residents? Am I... still on Gintoki Island?" I asked, picking up on her wording. If the place had residents then it was most likely a town, meaning I was still on the island and not in some secret World Government base waiting to be tested on.

"Correct Dear, you were very injured when Max and Johnny brought you in." She pointed out, looking towards my body which was mostly covered in bandages. "You still are actually."

"You should have seen the other guy." I said, laughing, which was a bad idea…

"ARGH" I growled, clutching my stomach in pain. Damn, Rokougan was such an overpowered ability even when it was in its early stages of mastery.

"Laughter is good for the soul, when you aren't injured that is" Chiyo laughed, but I ignored it and probed her for more information.

"So, why did you save me? I could be a pirate, a bandit, any of those people." I mentioned. If she healed every injured person she came across, then it still baffled me how she was still alive, one wrong person to heal and she would be dead in a second.

"It doesn't matter who you are, what matters is that you need saving, and that's what I'll do." She said, before sending a look towards me, "And I know what you're thinking, 'How did she survive so long helping everyone', well lets just say we have people on this island who could take care of you if you cause any problems." She said ominously, leaving it at that.

"So, since you like to save everyone, did you save the other guy?" I inquired, to which she sighed.

"Sadly no, Max and Johnny are only normal humans, and could only carry you back to the base. They couldn't carry you and a devil fruit user in his hybrid form at the same time. When they returned with more people to grab his body, it was gone."

"Wait, devil fruit...devil fruit...DEVIL FRUIT!" I shouted. Shit! How could I forget? The whole point of this fight was because of the devil fruit!

"Of course dear, do you not know what devil fruits are?" She asked.

"No, I know what one is, but I just remembered the reason why we were fighting in the first place. I had a devil fruit that he wanted, before the fight I threw it into the forest. If someone took away that guy's body, then he must be searching for the devil fruit." I explained, grabbing Chiyo's arm weakly, "When will my body be healed? I . need. that. devil. fruit."

"It will be at least another 2 weeks before your body is healed, until then you have to eat and rest, no searching for devil fruit fruits." She said sternly.

"But...the fruit..." I said weakly, trying to argue with her, but her death glare made it hard to.

"Damn youngsters...always so stubborn." She groaned, "How about this, I'll send Liam, my grandson to look for the fruit. It shouldn't take too long, Ok?"

I wanted to protest, but I knew it was impossible to look for it as I was now, so I just nodded.

"Is your grandson strong?" I asked, and Chiyo let out a hearty laugh.

"Of course he is, he's the strongest one here." Chiyo said without hesitation.

"Well then, tell Liam to be careful. There are other people, bad people after that fruit, and he may run into them." I warned. Chiyo looked at me seriously, trying to figure something out, before she left the room without a word.

I sighed, relaxing my body. I had put the fate of this mission into the hands of a complete stranger called Liam.

2