002: The English Teacher Had Always Hated Neckties
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10-F was in a very obscure corridor with no other adjacent classrooms and had to be reached after climbing flights and flights of stairs. Seriously, not kidding. You wouldn't even need your morning run if you were in 10-F.
But like every cloud with a silver lining, the students realized the importance of 10-F quickly. An obscure, hard-to-reach place wasn't somewhere zombies would think to swarm around, if they even could think.

The atmosphere was serene. Everyone had at least had an inkling of what might entail after watching the two zombies eating flesh on a screen, be it real or not. Including the couple at the corner of the classroom.

"What should we do... I'm scared." A girl asked George, slightly shaken. She was shorter than George, who himself was just slightly taller than average. She snuggled up close to him. He ran his hand through her wavy, dark auburn hair. He saw that her eyes looked slightly distressed, but he didn't want her to be worried.

"Don't worry, Ree. Someone will surely come. It's not like our school is located somewhere obscure." He replied to her as he looked into her slightly quivering chestnut eyes.

He closed her eyes with his left hand before leaning over and pecking her forehead. A tinge of pink colored the tip of her ears.
"Stay here. I'll be right back, all right?"

She nodded her head and then repeated the action, leaving both parties unsure as to why she nodded again.
He left to meet Jeff who had tied up the unconscious teacher and Mark, who had just finished distributing the last phone.

"You never miss your chance to show off, do you?" Mark rolled his eyes as soon as George saw him.

"Well, she is my girlfriend. What else am I supposed to do?" retorted George.

"You could-"

But Jeff interrupted them.
"Can you guys please stop? I'm trying to keep the class under control here."

"Yes!" The two boys instantly replied and jumped back under his intense smile(?).

"H- He was s- sm- smiling, right?" Mark whispered to George
"I- I think so. I- I mean, he won't k- kill us, right..." Whispered back an equally shaken George.

Jeff was honestly puzzled by the zombies. Like everyone else, he thought that a zombie apocalypse was nigh impossible. But now that he had seen them, he knew it wouldn't do good if he had to rely on anyone. Either they help themselves or they get someone to help them. Nobody will help others without reason, after all.
'Nobody but me', he thought.

By now, everyone had started to resume talking. Some worried, some hungry, some missing their parents, or some just waiting to get back home.

Jeff finally clapped his hands to draw attention to himself. But something interrupted him. And very primitively, at that.

"Krao Gra Kav rowr karw"

Everyone stopped their activities and shifted their attention to the rightmost corner of the classroom in perfect sync like trained assassins.
The teacher, now tied with 11 ties, growled and tried its utmost to escape. But alas, the ties like mortal enemies did not let go of the teacher, no, the zombie, no matter what.

His bloodshot irises were rapidly eyeing the 30 students present in the hall. Some of the girls shrieked, covering their eyes to ignore witnessing the zombie's deep-rooted madness, which seemed to include banging its arms against the floor, screeching, howling, and growling among various indescribable sounds.

Fortunately or not, his appearance was still human, except for the eyes. You could no longer call it the white of the eye since the red of the eye was more apt.

"George" Jeff, interrupted in the middle of his speech, called out.

"Sure, I'll get to it"

Jeff, with some help from others, grabbed the desks and used them to barricade the zombie, and as for George, he managed to gag the zombie with his blazer with the help of Mark.

After securing the zombie under a pile of desks, and with ties and a blazer, a boy opened his mouth.
"Wouldn't it be better if we kill that thing?"

"Well, there are girls here and I don't want them to feel sick. Besides, we'll be leaving the room soon, anyway." Jeff replied.

"Go out? It's a fucking zombie apocalypse out there! Would it not be better to stay here?"

"It might be, but it's better to go to the rooftop. And there's no food as well. We will need to go out."

"But what if there are zombies on the roof?" Pitched in another boy, moving around, holding his phone at weird angles trying to get a connection.

"I want to go there since it'll be easier to throw the zombies off the rooftop if there was a horde after us. It's way better than being stuck inside, and the roof is plenty wide."
Jeff continued, "And there might others who might come to the roof as well. It will be better if we stick-"

But he couldn't finish it since everyone heard the thuds of someone banging on the iron door.

"Who is it?" George asked, picking up an empty chair nearby.

"George, shut up," Jeff whispered.
"What if it's a Zombie?"

"Shoot! I'll be quiet now" George whispered this time around.

Some kids ran up to the back of the classroom and some armed themselves with whatever they could find and use - chairs, bottles, textbooks ...How did he get a baseball bat?!

Jeff slowly inched towards the door, holding a chair at the ready.

"Come on now, no need to be so wary~. I'm just a senior who's concerned for you." Said a singsong voice from the other side.
"You're definitely right, Jeffrey. In fact, there are already people camping on the roof. Won't you join your dear senior, as well?"

Everyone, of course, knew Jeffery Samuel. He was the consecutive top scorer of the entire year. And the year before. And the year before. And the... you get my point. It would be harder to forget him.

The voice outside turned slightly tearful.
"I won't be able to live any longer if I let my precious juniours die, you know? I'd be ridden with guilt-"

"Shut it." Suddenly, a curt voice stopped him.
"It's up to you to join us. We'll be going to the rooftop. Like you've said, it'll be easier to survive there. There are already some students and teachers up there, and there are also people who are off to bring rations from the cafeteria. You have a marginally high chance of surviving with us than alone."

Jeff breathed a sigh of relief. He had been worried that they might be zombies, but now it was wrong. And he would gladly like to take a short sleep without the risk of being eaten or eating flesh.

"Yeah, sure. I'll come along." Jeff set down the chair and reached out to open the door.


I really need to start working on my writing skills. I wrote and uploaded this while I was sleepy and slightly intoxicated, so forgive any mistakes.
By the way, did you guys get the Assassination Classroom reference?

0