Chapter 20 The Factory
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Factory is a group of eight, regular to popular,  content creators and friends who found each other online and decide to create a group. Most of them got their start on Pipeline but a few of them are purely streamers.

The group has been together for five years and since then they have grown from a relatively unknown organization into a juggernaut within their industry. The two faces of the org Alluring and Delo, boost the popularity of the group as a whole.

With Delo being one of the early adopters of Pipeline, and one of its most popular creators, and Alluring being the most followed female streamer since the early days of the Flinch, the group was bound to succeed. Add along with a cast of friends with terrific chemistry and out-of-this-world personalities it was a recipe for success.

Over the last four years, each member of the group has started both uploading to Pipeline and streaming, boosting their individual following tremendously. Every member of the group has at least a million subscribers on Pipeline and at least two thousand viewers regularly when streaming.

Because of the success of the group, they have attracted endorsements from international brands such as Mrs.Mountian, Duffies, Reach Higher Gaming Accessories, and more.

Unlike most groups similar to theirs, they are not located in Los Angeles and are instead located in the metropolis city of Aline, where both Delo and Alluring are from.

The city before the rise of the Factory was fairly barren in terms of popular content creators during their rise. But in the last two years, the city has become more popular for content creators to move to, in large part because of The Factory.

As Issa's car pulled up to her organization's new 'office' building she got a good look at it. It wasn't much just a two-story warehouse on the outskirts of Aline, but she was proud of it. It was something the group had worked hard to save up for.

They didn't take any of the offers for building sponsorships, but instead, they betted on themselves for the last three years. They skrimped and saved on their productions just so they could buy a building for themselves. It was something they worked hard for and earned.  And right now was the day for their first shoot in it.

"The shoot today is just going to be something simple. A brief tour of the warehouse with each of you doing a section in duos. You're with Jasmine. Then you and Abel are going to mention the giveaway where hosting and finally just a regular video ending. You got that?" Issa's manager asked after she gave her the rundown of the day.

"Mmhm, tour, sponsor, and then ending," Issa said absentmindedly as she continued to look out of the car window and admire the fruit of their hard work.

Seeing this her manager sighed "While it is certainly an accomplishment, don't get too caught up in this little success. Remember yours and the group's goals are much larger."  she reminded as she got out of the car that had arrived in front of the warehouse's entrance

"I know, Fortune 500 and all that. But it's just nice to live in the now for a second." Issa sighed as she got out of the car.

"I understand," her manager said, though she definitely did not. The two had arrived earlier than most of the group so they chilled in the waiting area. At this point, Issa couldn't hold herself back and texted Kamara.

Issa: wyd?

Kam: moving, why?

Kamara quickly replied. Before continuing to instruct the movers where he wanted his items placed.

"Yea I want that in the master bedroom, but you can put the bed in one of the guest rooms. I got another one coming in a few days." He told them as they made their way through the door carrying his dresser. He felt a buzz in his pocket again, so he checks his message

Issa:    moving as in walking or as

          in moving into a place?

Kam: In what world would I mean the first one?

        But to answer your question, I'm moving

          into my house.

  After replying, Kam went back to organizing where he wanted everything. There wasn't much but he still wanted his stuff in the right spots.  While he was instructing the movers, Kam realized he had grossly underestimated just how much stuff he would have to buy to fill this house.

Sure he had toured the place with the inspector but that was completely different than having all your stuff moved in and realizing you haven't even made a dent. The worst part was Kamara didn't have the slightest clue about interior decorating.

Sure, he could probably make an apartment look nice, there wasn't much space to work with after all. But a seven-bed, eight-bath, house? That is so far out of his range of expertise that it's funny.

The closest he has ever lived to something like this was the two-bed, one-bath house he briefly lived in on Worst Earth when he was a child.

'One more person to add to the list of hires' Kam said to himself as he made a mental note actually make a list of people he has to hire.

'I need to stop making impulsive decisions' Kam reprimanded himself, he had wasted a lot of money and time over the last couple of days because he had been impatient and impulsive. He planned to change that, hopefully. 

'Ok, now how the fuck do you even go about getting a good interior decorator?' Kam thought for a moment. Then the image of a short well-dressed man came to his mind.

'Shiid, maybe Deacon will know' Kam shrugged and gave it a try. He pulled out his phone, ignoring the text from Issa for now before texting Deacon.

Kam: Aye Deacon, I need your help.

Deacon: I can't fight 🙌

Kam: 🤦‍♂‍Nobody said anything about

        fighting.

Deacon: Oh, you shoulda just said that.

              Watcha need?👂

Kam: You in the fashion industry right?

Deacon: Mmhmm…

Kam: Ight, well do you know any

        interior designers? I'm currently in the

        need of one, a good one

Deacon: That last part is redundant. Who

              would want a bad

            interior designer?

Kam:  😑

Deacon: Just saying. But yea I know a

              few. I'll send you the one I used

              to decorate my place.

Kam: Thanks, I owe you one?

         You own a house?

The two continued their conversation for a few minutes, by the end of it Kamara had received a number along with a link. It was a woman called Cathrine. She has a company simply called Catharines Interior Design.  He clicked the link to the website to get a good look at some of the places this person had designed.

Cathrine is a fairly young caucasian woman, which was a plus in his book. He didn't want someone old coming in with outdated ideas. And from what he saw her designs weren't outdated in fact a few of them were a bit out there, but the majority were ok with him. He noticed that she had a deep portfolio, that went back at least ten years.

So even though she was young she had been in her field for a long time. She has even worked with the mayor of the city and a few other notable names. Kam was even surprised to see Deacon was listed as a notable person, though he was closer to the bottom.

Kam's first instinct was to call the company and schedule an appointment but he held himself back. 'Make smarter decisions,' he said to himself, before pulling out his phone and typing in 'Interior Designers in my area' on Infinity. From there he found four other people that he felt he could use. He planned to research all of them later.

By this time the movers had left and Kamara had paid and tipped them for their help. Now he was left with a virtually empty house, by himself. Kam looked around and sighed to himself.

"Ima have to fill this place up"  he declared out loud. An ambitious idea started to form in his head.

He pulled out his phoned and finally replied to Issa

Issa:🤦‍♂‍ yea….Anyways, how does your

apartment look? I wanna

see…maybe even visit?👀

Kam thought it over for a second before walking out of his house and taking a picture of it. He then sent it to her.

[image]

Kam: I mean, yea, if you wanna come

        visit you can. It's pretty empty right not

        I need to hire an interior designer,

        I kinda moved in a bit too early 😅

He didn't receive an immediate reply so, Kam figured she was busy and put his phone away.

"I guess I'll put my set up together again," he told himself, making his way up the flite of stairs into the office of the house. It was where his grandfather used to do most of his work, now it would become his content/ temp workroom. Eventually, he would move all of his 'work' related stuff into his basement, but that would have to wait till after he got the money from the WG. 

Kam walked into the office and passed the small corner that blocked the full room. Turning the corner he is greeted with a sleek wooden room. And his eyes immediately are attracted to the main fixture of the room, a large wooden desk that is backdropped by a wall of built-in bookshelves, opposite him.

The desk brought back memories he had of his robo soul coming in here at his grandfather's request. Kam knew that if it was him back then he would've been intimidated. His grandfather seemed to be an 'intense' man, to put it lightly. 

Pulling himself from the desk, Kam looked at the rest of the room. The wall opposite the entrance is mostly filled with two tall and wide windows that have a view of the back yard and in between, them is a blank area of the wall. He has memories of his grandfather putting his expensive art pieces there. He would have them on a rotation where every month he would switch to a different piece.

Kam made a note to go check that stuff out, it is still in the family vault along with some other stuff his robo soul couldn't be bothered to deal with.

From there Kam looked at the wall opposite the desk, it was a field with display cases that could be used for whatever he wanted. The area in front of it is supposed to be a lounge area so that guests could come and relax. Right now it's empty.  He planned on using the display case, but he had other uses for the lounge area. He would need that spot to stay open in the future.

The last wall of the room Kam pondered on for a while. It was the one spot he didn't know if he wanted to use or not. His grandfather had loved it, but he didn't know if he would. It is a home aquarium.

His grandfather was a big fan of fish so he had it installed when he built the house. It is seven feet long and about five feet high, taking up a large portion of the wall. But the whole wall is dedicated to the tank.

The area above is a lift-up door, that gives direct access to the whole tank. The wooden area to the right side of the tank is a cupboard that would house all the supplies needed for the fish. And the area to the left of the tank is where the filters and lights to the tank are located.   

Kam looked at the area over, a lot of thoughts going through his about what he could do with it he even used his powers to give him ideas. Some of them he even felt were worth trying, but after a few minutes, he just sighed.

"I guess I'm getting fish. Now I gotta call one more person." Kam shook his head

He chose this option because it was the cheapest one and less time-consuming. It would cost way more to get the wall remodeled into something else than to just get a tank specialist to come out here and get the tank back functioning.

Plus, the wood his grandfather had built his house in was now basically impossible to get. A disease had nearly wiped the tree's population out, making it endangered. So he would have to use another type of wood if he rebuilt it.

To Kam, getting the fish would just be a thousand times easier. And as a bonus, it would be a nice remembrance of his grandfather and look pretty cool.

So, Kam made a note on his phone to call a tank expert and began setting up his computers. He had everything he needed put in here earlier, so all he had to do was set it up.  This time it took far less time since he had experience doing it before. As he was finishing he got a text message back from Issa.

If you like the novel make sure to give it a like add it to your reading list. Just this simple action helps me a lot and provides an amount of motivation you can't understand.

A review would be helpful too. 

Regardless, thanks for reading and as always your feedback is welcome.

1