Chapter 24 Councilor’s Meeting 2
58 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two came back into the room, with Adam quickly setting up the projector so the video can be played and Dr. Jesle standing near the door to watch. After about a minute, of setting everything up Adam handed a remote to Toa Chin. 

“The video is ready Councilor Chin.”

“Hmm, thank you. you may leave.” the first seat nodded his head and took the remote.

Once Adam left the room, Toa Chin unceremoniously pressed the play button.  

“In a world…” a fake deep voice said as black on a black screen. The Councilors were pleasantly surprised as it seemed there was going to be a big production behind this video. 

They were sorely disappointed by what they saw next.

“Nah, I'm just kidding.” a voice said as the screen stopped being black and showed a messy room full of cardboard boxes and a projector screen coming down from the ceiling.

After a moment Kamara walked in front of the camera in a grey pinstriped suit with a wide smile on his face.

The faces of all the Council Members went blank when they saw this, many now realizing what Adam meant when he said it was going to be unprofessional. But regardless they continued to listen. 

“Hello Council folk, I am your resident super-genius Kamara Faye and I will be your presenter today! Now please sit back and relax so that I can begin my ten-hour spiel about this bad boy right here.” Kamara said as he held up a large glowing green pill-like container. It had cables connected to either end that ended somewhere off-screen. 

When Kamara held up the fusion cell all eyes were immediately trained on it.

“Now while I’m sure some of you oldies are thinking that I stole your morning pills. But I assure you, this is not your high cholesterol medicine, this is revolutionary technology! Something that will allow you to download all the po- hmm, I mean it will allow humanity to advance in ways we have only dreamed of. Yes, that's exactly what I meant.” Kamara sagely nodded at his ‘correction’.

By this point, the twelve councilors were looking at the screen with blank expressions. They had been told they were getting something unprofessional, but never in their days would they think something like this would show up. It was a first for all of them. The only person that wasn’t fazed was Mansa Mamadi, who was doing his best to hold his laughter in. 

“Enough with the jokes, I will get into what you all are wanting to see and what I made to get some mon- to show the world my intelligence. But first I need to show you something that will make your Scientist crea- jump for joy. It is the simulation technology I used to make the fusion cell. But before even that, I need to find my damn clicker.” As Kamara said that he quickly walked past the Kamara and started to loudly search the room for the clicker. 

At this point the Councilors had fully understood what they had just got themselves into, many were not happy about it. Some had slight smiles on their faces, especially the older members. They found Kamara’s lack of professionalism to be refreshing, something different from the stale day-to-day professionalism that came with being one of the rulers of the world.

The person getting the most joy out of this was definitely the Mansa, he had already cracked a few times causing his fellow Council Members to look at him with weird expressions. Of which he ignored and looked back with feigned confusion. 

After about a minute of looking around “ah-ha! Found you, you pesky gremlin!” resounded from off-camera. Slowly a composed Kamara walked into view and continued as if nothing happened. 

“Alright now we can continue. Let the show begin. Oh, one more thing before I begin. Please watch to the end as I have a very important announcement to make. Ok, now we can really begin. ” Kam said as he clicked a button on the remote in his hand. 

This is when Dr.Jesle who had been waiting in anticipation since Kam announced the software began to pay attention.

Once Kam clicked a button an image of a software Kam up on the screen. 

“I call this software the Kamara’s Get Rich Software because whatever you successfully make on will guarantee you some money. Let me explain…” Kam then began a detailed explanation of how the software worked.

During this time, Dr. Jesle was getting more and more worked up. As Kam went on he got closer and closer to the screen until the video paused causing him to look back at the offender. 

“Hmm, it seems you may have gotten a little worked up Dr. Maybe in your free time you can watch the rest of the presentation on your own. But for now, I have to ask you to back away from the screen so that we may continue.” Tao Chin said as he looked at the Dr with a smile. 

Dr.Jesle now out of his daze realized where he was standing, he had unknowingly made it to the podium and was standing not two feet in front of the screen. With a slight blush on his face, the doctor bowed in apology before making his way to his previous position. 

“We will be skipping to the appropriate section. Like I said Dr. Jesle you can view this on your own time.” the First Seat declared before clicking the fast forward button. 

Tao then began to advance the screen until it showed Kamara talking about the nuclear fusion cell. Which was about fifteen minutes in. 

“Ok, now that we have the basics of what I did, we can talk about the fusion cell and what it does. So..,” Kamara then rather seriously began another detailed explanation of the fusion cell and what it can do. He made sure not to share too many secrets about its production, which everyone in the room noticed. 

By the time his explanation had finished everyone in the room had unfocused eyes. They had barely understood a word of what was said, even Dr.Jesle had only been able to keep up for the first half. But even though they couldn’t tell the details they could imagine the impact that it would have. 

And if they based it on the simulations that Kamara had shown them about the impact of the amount a nuclear fusion plant could produce then this would probably be the most important invention man has made since the internet was founded. It would certainly be the most important decision they have ever made, and maybe the easiest. 

They now truly realized just how important this fusion cell was.  

As the group started getting excited about what was presented to them and how they would begin to implement it around the world, Kamara began to talk again. Bringing the attention of everyone back to him. 

Now instead of the nice playful smile or serious expression, Kamara had during his presentation, he now had an evil smirk.

“Now that you all have seen, read, and heard about how glorious my nuclear fusion is. It is time to fleec- uh-hmm bad habits, sorry.” Kam cleared his throat, corrected himself, then fixed his face and posture. He put on his best professional smile “I meant to say, present my demands on the compensation I want in exchange for this revolutionary technology.”  

All the Council Members looked at the young man with newfound respect. They couldn’t imagine the courage a twenty-something-year-old kid would need to send a video this unprofessional to the most powerful people in the world. 

He either had to be incredibly stupid or believed in himself and his abilities so much that he felt his casual attitude wouldn’t matter.  But just because they respected his courage did not mean they liked his actions. 

“Councilor Tao, I believe we have heard enough. Clearly, this boy is not taking the situation seriously. In fact, I believe that he is not even the actual creator, but is instead a mouthpiece being used by someone or some other group. It is the only explanation I can come up with for his newfound ‘genius’ intellect” Councilor Peña spoke up, causing Toa chin to quickly pause the video. 

“I second this. The boy is making a mockery of us!” the Tenth Seat Councilor Barnabas Wandafera added. 

“I also support this.” the Eighth Seat, Councilor Abbagan, curtly said.

Toa Chin looked at each of the members as they spoke with a wry smile on his face “ I will have to deny you all. There was not anything within the video that could be considered offensive to us and he has not stepped over the line. He just told a few jokes and got to the point. As far as compensation is concerned, let us hear the young man out. I believe we all have an understanding of just how important this is for the world, especially for some of you.” he looked at a few specific people at the table who, just so happen to not have an opinion on Kamara's behavior. 

The outspoken council members went silent when they heard Toa Chin’s opinion, though they were unhappy with it. As he was about to click the play button Mansa Mamadi spoke up,

“You will be a lot happier when you get that stick from up your ass Claudia. Being so serious all the time will only make you hate the job,” he said as he leaned on the table and look at her with a smile.

Shock spread through the room at the Mansa’s words but none in the room had the guts to reprimand him. Meanwhile, Claudia looked back at him unbothered by the statement.

“I do not have a stick up my ass Mansa Mamadi. Unlike you, I care about my job as a Councilor and believe that a certain amount of respect should be given to people in our positions. And in my opinion, Mr.Faye has not shown even a modicum of that respect. But if the three of us are the only ones that feel this way, then we shall leave it at that and continue the video. But I would appreciate it if you do not call me by my first name again Mansa Mamadi.”  she then turned back to the screen unbothered by the stairs she was receiving from her coworkers.

“Hmm” Tao Chin cleared his throat getting everyone's attention gain  “please refrain from cursing in the future, Mansa Mamadi, and Councilor Peña. I would like to remind you this is a place of governance, not a bar. If everyone has settled down, I will start the video now.” he then pressed play and Kamara began to list his demands.       

If you like the novel make sure to give it a like add it to your reading list. Just this simple action helps me a lot and provides an amount of motivation you can't understand.

A review would be helpful too. 

Regardless, thanks for reading and as always your feedback is welcome.

1