Chapter 27 A Relaxing Night
38 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So from the vote I received, across all three platforms, I will be switching to an every other day format with 2,500 plus words each chapter. 

I'm actually glad that this one won out because it will give me time to slowly develop the story in the right direction without feeling the need to skip certain things. Like I've been meaning to bring Amy and the crew back but I just felt it wasn't necessary at the moment. Now I can do that and have it done in only a chapter without it feeling rushed. 

It will also give me time to work on the background of this novel and another one I have been working on and planning for a while. I want to eventually be able to upload both at the same time because I feel like that will have much more potential than this novel but it will take at least three times the work to write properly.  

Anyways thank you, to everyone who voted!

There will be daily chapters until I finish the current backlog I have, which is only three more chapters. 

 

“Wow, you really weren’t lying, huh,” Issa marveled as she got out of the car and looked at the house they had pulled to. 

“No, I wasn’t. Now come on, it's getting cold out and I don’t want you to catch a cold.” Kam said as he made his way to the front door carrying all of their bags. He was ready to take the cosplay off, it had lost its novelty already and now he was just tired of it.

Issa nodded and followed him. Kam opened the door with his keys and walked inside.

“It’s...a bit empty isn’t it?” Issa asked as he looked around the empty entrance of the house. 

“Yea, I’m working on that. I kinda moved in on impulse so…” Kam's voice trailed off as he looked around the space. 

“Anyway this isn’t where we are going to be, our destination is upstairs. Before that, you wanna take a shower?” He asked as he made his way up the stairs.

Issa followed Kam as she made sure to get a good look at the house as they walked “yea I would appreciate it, but I don’t have any extra clothes.”

“How did you forget to bring spare clothes?” Kam teased

“Well…my manager was the one who brought the cosplay outfits to me. I just kinda showed up.”  her voice got lower and lower as she spoke.

“haha, ok. No worries we should be able to figure something out. Anyway, you can change in my room, and the master bathroom is connected so just go in there. I’ll go get you an extra towel.” Kam said as he held the door open to his bedroom. 

It is a boring room, he hadn’t had time to decorate anything in it so there is only a king-sized bed and some dressers from his apartment that he is temporarily using. To the side is a door that connects to a small hallway that has two doors on the right and left. The left leads to the bathroom and the right to his closet.   

‘Wow, he really hasn’t decorated anything at all. Hasn’t he been here for like a week, what has he been doing since then?’ Issa thought as she got undressed from her costume and laid the pieces on the bed. Once she was halfway done she heard a knock on the door.

“I got your towel, washcloth, and some soap. It’s a pretty neutral smell so hopefully, that's ok. Ima just leave them at the door. I’m finna take a shower in one of the other bathrooms. But if you need anything just scream or something.” she heard Kam say 

“Okay, thank you. And the soap is fine!” she said from the other side of the door as she took her boots off. 

She didn’t hear anything back but his footsteps as he walked away. She then heard a door close in the distance after a moment. 

Issa sighed ‘i should’ve asked him to join me’ she thought before shaking her head. 

Although she would like to do that tonight, she is far too tired to get into anything like that. She was hoping to just cuddle and relax for the night. While thinking about that Issa opened the door and grabbed the neatly folded towels before closing the door. 

She then opened the door the small halfway with two doors ‘which one is it?’ she said as she looked at the two. After a few seconds of debate, she chose the left door. She smiled when she saw that she picked the right one. 

‘I wonder what the other room is’ she pondered. And with a sly smile, she made her way over and took a peek inside. She was greeted with a giant walk-in closet, it was mostly empty, but she could still see that it was well organized with everything in its proper place. She had half a mind to take a look, but she really wanted to get a shower.

‘I will have plenty of time in the future’ she assured herself with a knowing smirk. She was sure that she would be spending more time here. 

Issa then made her way into the bathroom and towards the large but slightly outdated shower. She turned the water on and after it got hot she stepped inside.   

While Issa began her shower, Kam was cleaning up his office area. He is trying to move all the extra s**t he had thrown in here, while also getting rid of the wiring and fusion cell. He didn’t want to have to explain that to her. After unplugging everything and moving all the boxes to the sides, the room didn’t look too dirty. He took the power cell and all its accessories and tossed them into the closest empty room with bathroom connections. He would put them into their proper places tomorrow.    

He then quickly took a shower, and when he got out he realized he didn’t have any clothes to change into so. 

‘Goddammit’ Kam cursed to himself before he made his way to his room to get in his closet. He didn’t try to sneak into the room at all, just opened the door and went to the closet. He heard running water still coming from the bathroom, which made him feel a bit better about his action. 

So after getting into his closet, at a noticeably faster pace than he normally would walk, Kam quickly found some pajamas to put on. He then picked some of his newer pj’s out for Issa to use for the night, he also grabbed her a pair of boxers. He wasn’t sure if she would actually use them, but he did it just in case.  Once he was dressed, he placed the clothes folded up neatly on the bed so that she could see them. He then made his way out of the room, again, quicker than he believed himself to be. 

Once he was out and the door was closed Kam released a sigh he didn’t know he was holding. Although he told himself that he didn't care, he still didn’t want to be put in an awkward situation. 

‘I could've sworn I heard a door closed’ Issa thought to herself as she began drying herself off.

She shrugged it off before walking out of the bathroom, through the small hallway, and into the bedroom where she saw the clothes Kam had laid out for her.

“Oh, that's so cute~. He sneaked in here and gave me some of his clothes. I was just gonna steal them, but at least I don’t have to now.” 

*gasp*

“Oh my god, he even gave me some of his underwear! Awww, he really likes me!” she chirped.

Not waiting any longer, Issa began putting on the clothes. She has always been fond of wearing her partner's clothes, whether it was male or female. It just made her feel more comfortable and safe. Plus, she would always have their scent with her when she wore them. It is one of the many things she truly missed about being in a relationship.

While Issa was putting the clothes on, Kam had finished setting up his office and turning it into a passable spot for their little date. The projector was showing a streaming service he quickly paid for and he had made a little blanket and pillow pallet on the ground for the two of them to cuddle on. Currently, he was ordering a pizza for the two of them to eat. He couldn’t decide what to get he was about to say fuck-it and order a Hawaiian pizza for fun. But as he was about to click the pizza he heard a call from the hallway.

“Kamara?” Issa called out as she walked out of the room.

Hearing her call Kam walked out of the office appearing far down the hallway as the light in the office lit the dark hallway.  Issa quickly notice the light and when she saw Kamara she smiled and made her way to him.

“Thanks for the clothes.” she hugged him and planted a kiss on his lips.

“No problem, now step into my office, we have a movie to watch. Also, do you have a preferred pizza or one you don’t like at all?” He said as he made way for her to enter the room.

“Hmm, no not really,” Issa said as he looked around the room taking everything in. She was most interested in the large fish tank that took up half the left wall.

“My grandfather really liked fish, so he had it installed when the house was built,” Kam said as he walked up next to her.

“Do you plan on putting any in here? I bet it would look pretty if you did it right,” Issa asked as she leaned into him. 

“Yea, I’m working on it with this company. They are handling most of it.” he held her as they looked at the fish tank each of them imagining what it would look like once it was filled. 

“I can’t wait to see it”, Issa said before turning toward the large office desk. She saw peaks of large flashing lights peak from underneath the desk.

This piqued her interest so she left his sidewalk over. Meanwhile, Kam was placing the order for the pizzas and wasn’t paying attention. 

“What the fuck!” Issa said in astonishment as she saw the three desktops. She couldn’t see into all of them, but from what she could see inside the first one alone, told him all she needed to know. 

While Issa wouldn’t say she was an expert in computer parts, she could say she was at least knowledgeable. She had built her own rig and a few others, so she knew how expensive some parts were. And what she was looking at now was the top of the top. Shit that she couldn't even afford to buy, at least not three computers worth.

Issa then looked up at Kam who was looking at her with a confused look.

“What’s wrong?” he asked

“Kam, what do you do for a living?” she asked him.

Kam paused for a moment, and then eventually told her the truth.

“I’ve never worked a day in my life. I’m an inheritance baby.” He answered in an exaggerated voice as he put his hands on his hips, looked up slightly toward the sky, and made a superhero pose.

“haha,” Issa giggled at his joke “Ok, Mr. Inheritance Baby . Now it makes sense why you have so much money.” she made her way over to him, not worrying anymore about the computers.

“Yep, spoiled and rich. Just how you like em.” Kam said as he pulled her into a hug, grabbing her ass as he did so.

“Yea yea, sure, whatever makes you happy ” she cajoled as she leaned into his chest taking a good whiff of his smell. 

“Anyways, our pizza should be here in about twenty minutes. We might as well get the movie started.” He said as he motioned to the nice pallet he made. “We have the best…seats(?) in the house.” he fumbled out.

“Oh, wow. I can’t believe it. These must have been expensive” Issa exclaimed as she cupped her face in her hands.

“Anything for you m’lady” Kam proclaimed as he held out his hand.

“Shall we,” he asked

“We shall” Issa responded as she took his hand.

The two then went and laid down on the pallet, it was surprisingly comfortable and they were able to cuddle up with each other nicely. 

The two were only able to get about an hour into the movie and a third into the pizza before they fell asleep in each other's arms. They had been exhausted from the convention, but they had a good time and enjoyed each other's company. Overall, the two went to sleep incredibly happy and satisfied with the day. Kamara even considered it the best day he’s had so far, in his life.   

If you like the novel make sure to give it a like add it to your reading list. Just this simple action helps me a lot and provides an amount of motivation you can't understand.

A review would be helpful too. 

Regardless, thanks for reading and as always your feedback is welcome.

1