Chapter 29 A Great Deal
50 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had been an hour since Kamara had gotten home from his meeting with Catherine. He had stopped to get some groceries, along with some other necessities. While he was out he made sure to get some feminine products for Issa whenever she came over. He wanted her to feel as comfortable as he possibly could when she was there. 

Right now he was in his office on The Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants' website to get a referral for accountants in his area. He planned to go on the national sight next and then if he didn’t find anyone he liked on the other two he would go to the WG’s sight to hopefully find someone. He had been at it for an hour now, filling out different paperwork and answering questions about his requirements. 

It had been a long and tedious process, of which multiple times he had thought about just making an AI that could handle all of his accounting needs but, he decided against it. He would make an AI eventually, a couple actually, but he wants his main AI to be for much more than just accounting. And that would take time. He wanted to be able to use his own skills when making it, not just solely relying on his abilities. He would still need them during the process, he just didn’t want to overly rely on them during it.  

While Kam was having another serious debate about just making an AI as another page of questions appeared in front of him, he heard the chime of his doorbell ringing through the house. 

“Weird. I don’t think anyone should’ve been coming over. Issa didn’t say anything did she?” he check his phone “nah she still busy right now. Who is it then?” he got up from the desk and made his way downstairs. As he went down the stairs he heard the doorbell ringing again.

“I’m coming, I’m coming. Give me a minute. These old bones don’t move like why used to anymore.” Kam joked as he made his way to the door. 

“Hello welcome to my humble abod…” Kam’s sentence tapered off as he saw the people that were waiting for him on the other side.

There were two people, both female in appearance. On the left, there is a tall, fairly buff, long-nosed, tan woman with bobbed black hair. She has on an all-black pants suit, with a white undershirt, and black shades that covered her eyes. 

Next to her is a slightly shorter, though still taller than Kam, pale Asian woman. She is thin but not dainty, with long black hair that barely touches her shoulder, hazel eyes, and a button nose. She is wearing a navy blue suit with butterfly-rimmed glasses and holding a brown briefcase.

While Kamara was shocked the Asian woman smiled and spoke “While you seem to be a lot of things Mr. Kamara, old is certainly not one of them.”  

Kamara gave an awkward laugh at the comment and scratched the back of his head. He then took a deep breath to calm his nerves.

“While I am never one to turn down two beautiful women showing up at my door, I will have to ask who the two of you are?” he inquired as he leaned against the open door.   

The taller woman reached into her jacket pocket and pulled out a badge “We are with the WG, we have come to talk to you in regards to recent events I am sure you are aware of.” she said in a monotone voice as she showed him the badge.

Kam face blanked when he heard that, he had half a mind to close the door and pretend non of this existed but the Asian woman spoke before he could 

“You need to work on your wording Lay, you're scaring the boy.” she reprimanded the woman next to her. The woman only shrugged her shoulders, clearly not seeing how she had gone wrong. 

The Asian woman sighed before looking back to Kam “Mr. Faye I am sorry, you are not in any trouble. We have just been sent by the Councilors to negotiate the terms for buying the nuclear fusion technology. I am Jasmine Yang and this is my partner Layla Kadri. Is it ok, if we come in? It is pretty warm this time of year. ” she said as she fanned herself.

Kam relaxed a lot when he found out he was not in any trouble, and even got excited when he found out the two were here for negotiations. He would have preferred if they had sent a notice beforehand, but it was fine for now.

“Yeah sure, sure, come on in. Do you want some water or something?” Kam happily said as he moved so that the two could enter. 

“We would love some water, thank you” Jasmine thanked as she and Layla walked past him.

“No problem, you can follow me to the kitchen and we can talk there,” Kam said as he led them through the mostly empty house and into the kitchen. 

“This place is pretty empty Mr. Faye, is this a type of concept your going for, or just haven't gotten to it yet,” Jasmine asked as she looked around. 

“Kam is fine by the way and nah I’ve hired an interior designer recently in we are getting started in a month, so I see no real reason to put up temporary decorations. You two can sit there I will be back with the water in a second” Kam replied as he pointed at the small table in the dining area. 

Jasmine kept looking around the area with a smile on her face “Most people with houses like this tend to do the interior decorating before moving in, but I guess it doesn’t hurt to work a little late. Oh, thank you!” she said as Kam handed her a glass of cold water.

“It was a bit of a sudden thing, so I didn’t have that much time to prepare.” he passed a cup to Layla who silently took it with a nod. Kam took a seat opposite the two and drank some water from his glass. “But enough chit-chat, you said you were here to negotiate right. Let’s get down the business.”   

“Haha, yes let us,” she said before putting the briefcase she had with her on the table and opening it. From there she pulled out two stacks of paper. She passed one to Kam and kept the other to herself.

“On the first page of the paper is a list of everything the WG is willing to concede to you in return for the fusion technology and on the second page is everything they want in return. The rest is legal jargon.” 

Kam nodded and looked over the paper. As he read his smile grew bigger. The WG was willing to pay him 15 billion credits, over the span of five years, totaling 3 billion credits a year. And he will receive a ten percent share in all government deals related to the technology. 

Along with that, he will be given access to all grade B and below government contracts. With all of his purchases being half off, the WG paying for the other half. He will be given the necessary information regarding that after the contract is signed. 

As he requested, his identity will be put under the highest confidential level of the WG and will not be associated with the making of the fusion cell at all. and finally, he will be exempt from taxes for as long as he is still being given the 15 billion credits.

Kam had a huge smile on his face as he read through the list of things that he would receive from the WG. It was better than he initially thought it would be. He didn’t know what a B grade government contract entailed but he had a feeling it was going to be some good shit.  

“This is nice, very nice,” Kam said as he looked up from the paper to the smiling Jasmine and neutral Layla.

“Please read the back of the next page before you come to any conclusions Kamara” she reminded.

At the reminder, Kam got serious again and slowly turned the page. He figured that since they were giving him so much they were going to ask for an arm and a leg in return. 

“To receive the benefits listed on the page before this one these are the non-negotiable conditions that must be met. First, the recipient, Kamara Faye, will have to sign a first-look deal with the World Government for any inventions or technologies whose patents he plans to sell. All technologies or inventions will be brought by the World Government at a premium and as with the fusion cell, Kamara Faye (or any of his descendants) will receive a ten percent commission on any sales made including the technology. 

Along with this Kamara Faye will have to, if asked, provide aid regarding any technology. If it is required for Kamara to leave his home for said aid, all expenses will be paid by the World Government. From…”

Kamara continued to read the details and after he was done he realized that it boil down to this: One he would give the WG first outlook on any new tech he planned to sell; Two, he had to help them, regarding the tech, if they needed help; Three, he will be under the protection of the WG for the rest of his life do to his importance and threat, he will be assigned a bodyguard and a small task force to protect/watch him. He will only regularly see the bodyguard though; 

Four, Kamara will be given an assistant that will be his relay to the WG whenever he needs it, both the assistant, bodyguard, and task force are paid for by the WG; Five, Kamara must notify the WG whenever he plans to leave his city at least a week before his scheduled leave date; Lastly, Kamara must sign a Non Disclosure Agreement regarding the contract and unless someone signs a similar NDA, he is not allowed to speak on this deal. The Assistant is able to provide a copy of the NDA at any time. 

If any of the points within the contract is broken he will face a penalty depending on how severe it is and which point is broken. The lightest he could get is a fine and the heaviest some years in prison. If points are broken on the WG’s side he can file a report with the Supreme Court and it shall automatically be taken to trial. 

Kam sighed after reading the paper “Whew, I thought it was going to be much worse than that, haha. Had me worried for nothing.” he said wiping the non-existent sweat off his brow.

“Oh, what did you have in mind?” Jasmine asked a little surprised by his lax nature.

“Something along the lines of benign locked in a cell thirty feet under the ground churning out new inventions for the WG.” he took a sip as he said something utterly ridiculous.

“Haha, I assure you Mr. Faye that would never have come up. Well, unless you had done something that deserved it of course.” Jasmine laughed not actually sure if her words were true or not.

“Nice to know, well while it does hinder my movements a little bit, I don’t have to change much really. But I am curious, who did they assign to be my assistant and bodyguard?” He looked at the two and asked.

The perpetual smile on Jasmine's face got even wider as she broke the news to Kamara, “Of course, that would be us. I look forward to working with you for the foreseeable future.” 

If you like the novel make sure to give it a like add it to your reading list. Just this simple action helps me a lot and provides an amount of motivation you can't understand.

If you can spare the time I would be grateful if you all will leave a review.

Regardless, thanks for reading and as always your feedback is welcome.

1