Chapter 31 Money Well Gained
81 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ok, I think I get it now. So please stop talking.” Jasmine said as she rubbed her temples. She didn’t understand a word he said but she would say anything to get him to stop talking right now. 

“Alright, so you have the flash drive and I will send the email later,” Kam said as turned the power cell off and left the computer. He then started rooting around in the pile of boxes in the corner of the room.

“What are you looking for?” Jasmine asked

“A box..got one!”  he pulled up a small box that still had the bottom tapped. Kam to Jasmine’s amazement casually tossed the fusion cell in the box along with all the cords that went with it. He then brought the box over to Jasmine with a smile.

“Uhh, is this it?” She asked, perplexed at the situation

“Yup that’s it. Well as far as the prototype is concerned.” Kam gave her the box and then went back to his computer and quickly began typing an email. 

“Who do I send this email to?” Kam asked 

“Umm… I think its…” Jasmine answered as she folded the top flaps of the box in a way so they won’t open again. 

“Gotcha…done. Now let's get downstairs so that I can sign this paper.” Kam sent the email and made his way towards the door of the room. Jasmine who had just finished with the box followed behind him.  

The two made their way downstairs and Kam quickly signed the papers and gave them to Jasmine. By this time Layla had gotten back from surveying the house.

“Alright is there anything else?” Kam looked back as he led them towards the door of the house.

“No, I think that is everything the WG needs at the moment. Once the box is in the hands of the designated agent, the money will be sent to your bank account.” Jasmine responded as she walked alongside him holding the box in both of her hands.

“Great, make sure you get everything there nice and safe, don’t want anything happening to the packa- I mean you all.” he smiled  

“Yes, yes, we understand boss” she nodded

“Layla did you figure out everything that needed to be done,” he asked just before they got to the door.

“Yes” she deadpanned

“Umm ok, well like I said I will pay for anything that needs to be done, just let me know beforehand. I will even make the software for everything so it works better.” Kam informed as he opened the door.

“I will remember that,” she nodded

“Ok, then ladies I hope you have a go..od day…” Kam paused as he saw a stoic well-dressed man in a black suit “...Umm hello sir, how may I help you?” confusion clear in his eyes.

The man looked at Kam and in a monotone voice similar to Layla’s replied “I am here to pick up the package Mr. Kamara”

Before Kam could reply Jasmine walked up and handed the man the package. Kam could’ve sworn he saw her smirk as she walked up. 

“Here you go Agent Grant, are the other things prepared?” s 

“Yes. Madam Yang. They will bring them in immediately just show them the area.” he nodded 

“Perfect” Jasmine clapped her hands in happiness “You can tell them to start bringing them. Also, the package has been delivered please give the go-ahead to deliver the goods.” she turned and intentionally winked at Kam. Kam narrowed his eyes at her. 

“Right away.”  the man held the box underneath his left arm and pulled a phone from his right pocket. He then went through until he pulled up the only contact on the phone and called. The call is picked up quickly from the other side.

“I have it…affirmative…affirmative..affirmative..D23421… affirmative…affirmative.” After the brief conversation, the man hung up the phone and focused on Kamara. “Mr. Faye if you could please check your bank account.” 

Kam raised his eyebrows before realizing the situation. He quickly fumbled in his pockets and pulled out his phone. He didn’t really know what was going on, the brief conversation that Jasmine had with the agent gave him a bad feeling but he pushed it to the side since his money was much more important. 

He quickly pulled up his WGB banking app and checked his account after doing the FaceID. When he pulled the information up instead of the two commas that he had gotten used to seeing over the last week, he instead saw three. Three commas in his account, something he could only dream of before. 

Kam nearly fainted when he saw the amount of money that he had in his account. Sure he had been expecting something like this from the technology he made, but expecting something and then it happening isn’t the same. Plus for someone who had spent more time with their bank account having no commas in it, suddenly having three, after a little over a week of living his second life, was something that would overwhelm anyone. 

His chest rose and fell with rapid breaths, his heart is beating so fast that he thought he is having a heart attack. 

‘I just started this life, I’ll be damned if I give it up now’ he said to himself and started to take deep breaths to calm himself.

It took Kam at least a minute before he calmed himself down. When he finally did he noticed that the three people were just silently looking at him. Both the man and Layla still had neutral expressions but Jasmine had a comforting smile on her face. 

While she didn’t know what it felt like to become a billionaire, she did know what it felt like to achieve a goal or dream. So she could understand what he was going through and was more than happy to let him live in the moment

When Kam noticed that they were just looking at him and waiting, he got embarrassed for a second before clearing his throat and talking

 “Ughm, All the money is there. All 3 billion credits hehehehe” Kam's mind wondered off as he finished speaking and he couldn’t stop himself from letting out a little gremlin laugh. 

“Affirmative, the package has been delivered and the information on the contracts will be sent to you via Jasmine here. Now that everything is settled I wish you all a good day.” He then gave a small nod to Jasmine and Layla before turning on his heels and leaving the house. 

Kam absentmindedly nodded at the man and then looked at the two women who now worked for him.

“Well I will be seeing you two tomorrow, I wish you a good one.” he motioned for them to walk out of the door. He had money to spend and tech to build, couldn’t be bothered with them right now. 

Jasmine ignored Kam and yelled out of the house “Hey boys you can bring the things in! Could you please put my bedroom and bathroom items stuff in the first room on the right on the second floor in the east wing? As for my office materials please just find an empty room on the first floor, I’m sure my boss wouldn’t mind. Where do you want your stuff Layla?” she turned to the stoic woman.

“...The poolhouse looks livable and quiet so I would like my stuff there,” she said after a bit of thought.

Jasmine nodded and turned back and shouted “Put Layla’s stuff in the poolhouse, please!”

Meanwhile, Kam who was confused at the whole situation looked out the door. He then saw a large shipping truck in his driveway with men unloading beds, dresses, and everything else. It didn’t take a genius to realize what was going on.

‘How the hell didn’t I hear. Did they hire ninjas! What the fuck?!’ asked himself

“Who the hell said you two can move in?” fumed Kam 

“What do you mean? You did of course.” Jasmine blinked

“When did I say that?” he furrowed his brow

“When you signed the contract. I have to thank you by the way boss. I have lived in some good houses, but this one takes the cake by far. I can’t wait to see what you eventually do with this place.” she answered as she exaggeratedly looked around the foyer. 

“I didn't see this on the contract at all. Show it to me.” Kam commanded as he glared at her

“With pleasure, please follow me.” She grinned before leading him back to the table where she opened the briefcase and took the documents out. She flipped to the correct page and showed him the line where it said that he had to hire them.

“Upon signing the contract the signee agrees to…allow for… their two new employees to live in the home of- haaah.” Kam sigh and rubbed his forehead.

“I get it, you can put it away,” he said to the smug Jasmine after a few moments of self-pity

She nodded and packed the briefcase up again. She could’ve sent this out along with the agent that had shown up, but she wanted to make a couple of copies before sending it back. One for her and another for Kamara. As soon as he signed that contract she was looking out for his best interest. She was no longer a government employee anymore, she was a manager solely for Kamara Faye.   

 “Fuck, I need to get a lawyer and a drink” Kam mumbled to himself as they walked back to the door.

“I already have that on my list,” Jasmine commented by his side   

“Which one?” he sarcastically replied

“The Lawyer of course, but I can get you a drink if you would like” She offered

“It’s fine” he waved her off 

She nodded “While on the topic, are there any more people that you want to hire. So far you have an assistant, a bodyguard, and I plan on getting a lawyer and a cleaning service, what else should I add,” 

Kam pulled himself out of his sulking and thought of what he had put on his original list “Well, I have an interior decorate on the payroll for the next three months, a fish tank expert too (for obvious reasons), and a lawn care company. So add those to the already hired list.”

Jasmine nodded, she had pulled out her phone and was typing in her notes. “Ok, now for who you want to hire.”

Kam thought for a second more “ Well, I’m going to need an accountant. While I might be fiscally responsible, this is to a completely different degree. So add that. And I also want a chef, I can cook but I’m lazy and will only really be ordering takeout if it came down to it.

So that’s two. And for right now, I kinda want to hire a stylist. This one isn't necessary by any means, but I’m starting to get more into clothes and jewelry and it would help to have someone to help me with that. I’m not the most stylish person at the moment. That's should be all” Kam said after listing the three people he wanted to hire.

The two had made it back to the front door and were now watching the movers bring in Layla’s and Jasmine's stuff with Layla directed them to the designated rooms. 

“Oh! And since it finna be summer soon, get a pool cleaner too,” he said after noticing how warm the weather was and remembering the state that the pool was in. He planned to have a few fun nights with Issa out there and he couldn’t do that while it is currently all nasty.  

Jasmine nodded her head along with Kam as he listed all the people he wanted on payroll, while he could absolutely afford it, she felt it was only right to comment on it “So as soon as you get the money you want to spend it on hiring people to do jobs you don’t need them to do?”

Kam was a little stunned by the question and for a second doubted if he really needed these people. 

‘Is it really necessary to hire all of these people? I could do most, if not everything on the list, it’s not like I haven't been cooking and styling myself all my last life. Maybe I’m, spending too much money. I don’t know what to do with this type of money, should I invest it, should I just hold it. Never know when I might need it on a rainy day. I mean I could just put it into a separate account and never touch it. In fact, I-’

“Kamara!” Jasmine called out pulling him from his thoughts.

Kam jumped and looked at her. “huh?” 

She gave him a comforting smile “You are worrying too much. I was just teasing you. Honestly, you would have a hard time spending all the money you have right now for the rest of your life. Hiring a few people won’t hurt you in the slightest. Just in the future, I would like for you to be a bit wiser with how you spend money.

Please refrain from making any large purchases until we get you an accountant to advise you. Also, I would recommend hiring a stockbroker so that you can enter the stock market that way you can put your money to work.” she explained and advised at the same time.

  Kam nodded before his face contorted as he remembered something.

“So about big purchases,” he said in a low voice

“Hmm?” she looked at him in the eyes waiting for him to reply.

“Well, before you got here I kinda spent six million credits to get my house redecorated” he did his best to look her in the eyes but as he spoke he had to look elsewhere as the glare she had intensified. By the time he finished the sentence, he was intently watching the movers work, while he felt a hole burning in the side of his face.

“Kamara?”  a frighteningly cold voice called him.

“Hmm?” Kam asked in a faked nonchalance as he continued to watch the movers. Sweat was starting to build upon his face from the nervousness.

“While you are now a billionaire, and that amount of money you had is minuscule to your current wealth. You were not as wealthy as you are now back then. If I am not mistaken, a few minutes ago, you had a total of around thirty million credits in your account, right? And, you, spent 6 million, credits, on, interior decorating?  That was almost 20% of the money you had!” her tone got colder as she spoke. She walked closer to him with each word until she was directly in his face.  

To Kamara’s credit, he did not move from his spot, but that was all he could get credit for. 

“I-” Kam was about to reply but he was interrupted

“I get that it is your money and you probably foresaw yourself coming into wealth very soon, but that is not an excuse. If you can willingly spend 20% of your wealth freely, without even thinking about getting an advisor for the situation, clearly you aren’t as fiscally responsible as you thought. I will make sure to have a list of accountants for your to look through before the end of the day. Now, is there anything else I should know before I go and get to work?” she asked in a much softer tone.

“Ummm, I plan on making a roleplay server and becoming a streamer?” Kam smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

Jasmine stared at Kamara for a second. Kamara had a few more things he could’ve said but he decided to keep his mouth shut, he felt that if he kept talking he might not be able to even live to the next nevertheless work on his server. After a second Jasmine sighed.

“I will have the list of potential hires on your desk by the end of the day, now please excuse me.” She said and then went to the room where most of her office's desk had been put. She closed the door behind her.

Kam could’ve sworn he heard something break, but the movers were so loud that he couldn’t tell.

“Damn she’s scary” was all Kam could say before he shook his head lamenting his fate. Although she was qualified for the job he knew that working with Jasmine was going to be…interesting.

Kam then made his way up the stairs and to his office to start working on the security system for the house. As he was about to enter his office a thought Kam to himself.

“How the fuck am I gonna explain this to Issa!” he frustratedly rubbed his hand on his head before closing his office door and getting to work. 

If you like the novel make sure to give it a like add it to your reading list. Just this simple action helps me a lot and provides an amount of motivation you can't understand.

If you can spare the time I would be grateful if you all will leave a review.

Regardless, thanks for reading and as always your feedback is welcome.

1