Awakening
1.6k 1 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Leo opened his eyes he found himself in a dark room that was lit by candles.

Upon further inspecting the room he found himself standing in the middle of a pentagram.

At each of the five sides of the pentagram stood a person wearing a cloak.
There was a faded, worn-down logo of a snake-like tree on each of the cloaks.

When Leo inspected his body, he was shocked.

He was a deformed humanoid being reaching about 2,30 meters, he had grey/whitish skin and long, wrinkly limbs.
However, the initial shock turned into annoyance when one of the hooded cultists spoke to Leo.

"Eldritch creature of the other side, we have summoned you to the material plane of existence to serve us. if you obey us we will fulfill your deepest desires.

If you fail to obey us we will not hesitate to end your life.

Now kneel!"

Leo was slightly intimidated by the cultists since he was outnumbered, but he quickly got reinsurance from Sogrith along with a new mission.

[You got this, or well, you have to or you will die.]

[Mission reminder: Exterminate those who summoned you and shapeshift into one of their bodies.]
[You have been reincarnated as a shapeshifter, prove your worth to Sogrith and claim your first kill.]
[Reward: The power to save certain bodies in your mind, allowing you to shapeshift to them at will.]
[WARNING: failing this mission will result in you severing ties with Sogrith, failure is not an option. Good luck, Leo.]

After everything that happened in his previous life, Leo's morality had hit a rock bottom, normally he wouldn't kill someone under any circumstances, but now he was willing to.

Leo kneeled down for the hooded figures.

One of the hooded figures started approaching Leo, holding some kind of shackle.

As he was about to put the shackle around Leo's neck, he felt a painful sensation from his stomach.

Looking down the hooded person noticed Leo's arm sticking in his stomach.

"Wha..." Before he could finish his sentence, Leo ripped out his guts, killing him on the spot.

It was a weird sensation to shapeshift his body, it didn't really hurt but it also wasn't pleasant.

The other five cultists were on guard now after seeing their friend die such a horrible and quick death.
The cultists pulled out some kind of twisted ritual knife from their cloaks, observing Leo cautiously.
After a couple of seconds, one of them charged toward Leo.

Leo's entire body trembled from the adrenaline as he barely dodged the blade.
He quickly shapeshifted his arm again before stabbing it through the lower jaw of the cultist, up through the brain.

The four remaining cultists had expressions of fear in their eyes as they saw another one of their comrades fall by the monster they summoned.
However, all the cultists that were left knew all too well that running was not an option.

Two of them attacked him at the same time.

Leo got on guard and dodged one strike

However, at the next moment, he noticed another blade going for his lower leg.

Leo was unable to dodge the attack but managed to rotate his leg in such a way that the blade didn't hit any major arteries.

Nevertheless, his leg was bleeding as the blade was stuck in his leg.

Leo let out a blood-curdling scream and kicked the cult member that stabbed him to the wall with his good leg.

In the next second, he transformed his hand into a pickaxe-like form and hit the other cult member with it on the head, piercing his brain instantly resulting in his death.

Leo walked up to the guy who stabbed him and picked him up from the ground.

He made his other hand as thin as a needle and slowly brought it closer to the cult members' eye.

The cultist started struggling, kicking, and thrashing trying to get away from Leo, however Leo was stronger.

Leo slowly pushed the needle through his eye and into the brain, before shapeshifting his arm back into its normal form while his hand was still in the head of the cultist.
The cultist's head exploded as Leo expanded his hand.

Leo simply looked at him with no expression when he died, these were the kind of people Leo wanted to rid the world of.

Only one cultist was left, but Leo's leg hurt like hell.
The final man appeared to be the cultist's leader and Leo wasted no time, this time going on the offense himself.
Leo slid down to the ground, transforming his hand into a blunt object aiming for the man's genitals.

However, the cult leader was one step ahead, he dodged the attack and gave Leo a brutal kick to his head, launching him into the wall.

Leo didn't get a second to recover as the cultist leader charged him, stabbing the blade through Leo's chest.
Leo didn't know if his body even contained any organs or such but for once he really hoped it didn't.
The pain was unbearable as another blade was stuck in Leo's body, but it couldn't end here.

The cultist leader was shocked when he still saw that Leo was moving grappling his leg and pulling him to the ground.

38