Noah the thief
233 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leo nodded.

"Do you have any people with silver brooches?"

"Ofcourse I do, a lovely woman named Aria, you will probably meet her soon."

"Right." said Leo while straightening his clothes.

 

"Anyway, what will we do now?" asked Leo

"Well, we actually have stuff to do today, later today we will be meeting with a delta command member to discuss a rising problem, which is the limited amount of recruits we have. The foundation has actually been striking down on us pretty hard recently, we've been losing more combatants than we are receiving so our numbers are dwindlling, which we can't have."

Leo was surprised that he would be meeting another command member so quickly, but didn't object.

 

 

"When will we be departing?" asked Leo.

"Officially we will need to be there in three hours, but it is also two hours to drive there, so you have one hour left to prepare."

"And you couldn't tell  me earlier?"

"Nah, I've only just returned and I also kind of forgot, just make sure you are ready and presentable since I know this command member quite well. He was quite eager to meet you so make sure to leave a good impression on him."

 

 

"Why does he want to meet me so badly?" asked Leo.

"I've known the man for a pretty long while and he knows all too well that I never really endorsed having a guard, now that I have you he was quite curious about you and wanted to meet you as soon as possible."

"How are your relations with other insurgency command members?" asked Leo.

 

"Honestly it is just vague, I get along with most command members but there are three that don't agree with my ways of handling certain things, most of the command members are neutral with me"

"How many delta command  members are there actually?"

"There are eleven delta command members, originally it was twelve but we had problems with ties during important votes, so when one delta command member died of "natural causes" they decided not to find another one and keep it at eleven."

"Ah, right." responded Leo.

 

Leo and Valentina continued to chat for a while longer before realising it was about time to depart.

"One second Leo!" said Valentina as she reached in her bag, pulling out a bottle of perfume.

Before Leo could react Valentina sprayed him with the perfume.

"There, now you smell good."

 

However, Leo thought otherwise as he started coughing.

"Jesus christ what kind of perfume is this? Pretty sure it has the same effect as mustard gas!"

"Now now Leo, it isn't that bad, it smells really nice like flowers!"

"Yeah, like the flowers of death himself!"

A big cloud of perfume followed Leo as he stepped into Valentina's car.

Because Valentina was a member of the delta command, she had a private driver.

 

Valentina sat beside Leo as the cloud of perfume spread in the car.

The driver started driving to their destination but Leo could swear he heard him cough from the perfume.

 

"Say, Valentina, where do you know Noah from if I may ask?"

Valentina looked at Leo before speaking.

"Oh right I promised to tell you that, to put it simply Noah is one hell of a sneaky bastard."

"Wait, what do you mean with that?"

"That man has been playing with the insurgency  the past two years, a lot of delta command members are annoyed with him but I find it quite ironic to be honest."

"What does he do then?"

 

"Well Leo, you know how the insurgency buys anomalies from MC&D, right?"

"Yeah, I do."

"Well what Noah practically does is he somehow figures out what anomalies the insurgency is interested in and then buys them from MC&D before we can, then the sneaky bastard contacts us and sells them at a much, much higher price. Most command members are annoyed at him because of that and some have even attempted to get rid of him, but it never worked."

 

When Valentina was finished Leo couldn't help but laugh.

"Yep, that sure as hell is Noah alright!"

"Honestly that man is sneaky, pretty sure that he might've ripped us off for a billion dollars or something."

10