Arrival at hideout
981 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Valentina scoffed.

"Fuck responsibilities, you gotta take risks in life in order to reach higher places."

"That may be true Valentina, but you can't be too ballsy, you have to find a balance, either you take too many risks and you end up 7 6 feet under or you don't take enough risks and you won't achieve anything meaningful."

"I guess that is also true in the end."

 

 

For the remainder of the ride Valentina and Leo talked together.

There were a couple moments where Leo got a bit anxious when a vehicle was behind them for too long, but in the end he wrote it off as paranoia from the last time he was captured by the foundation.

He however vowed to be more careful, he couldn't afford to get captured once again.

 

 

After driving for a long while the car started heading up a hill.

On the top of the hill a beautiful modern mansion could be seen.

"Is that your hideout?" asked Leo.

 

 

"Yep, it isn't as luxurious as Noah but it also isn't needed, it isn't like we need to housemaids and all. Besides, if the house needs to be cleaned I can just let you do it."

Leo looked toward  Valentina with a stupefied expression.

"I'm not gonna be your little handmaid, don't expect me to start vacuuming the house, I have better things to do."

"Such as?" asked Valentina.

 

Leo couldn't think of anything and chose to not respond.

A smug smile appeared on Valentina's face as she continued.

"So, what do you think of my hideout?"

 

 

Leo observed the hideout for a while before making a comment.

"Well, since it is located on a hill it is a great vantage point, if we get attacked we in any case will not have to worry about snipers, or most likely not. Furthermore, the remote location helps since we don't have to worry about making noise if we get raided, I assume you have bulletproof windows which can be a lifesaver but it can also doom us. Because we are in such a remote location we can also see attackers coming early, since they would probably make noise. Hopefully you have a decent camera system with possible auto-detection, in short, I think this building would suffice as a hideout."

Valentina sighed.

"Leo, I meant on how it looked, I didn't want an entire tactical review. But to quench your curiosity, we do have a camera system but it isn't autodetect. Aria mans the camera station when she is doing paperwork and such for me so if someone were to attack us here we would be able to see them before it is too late."

 

 

Leo was satisfied with the defences of the mansion and felt comfortable staying there, there was only one last thing he desired.

"In case of an emergency or threat which we cant combat, is there a way to escape the mansion such as a tunnel?"

"Well, sadly there isn't, well, not yet. We are currently constructing a tunnel underneath the mansion, it is planned to be a 3km tunnel leading to a weapon stash in the nearby grassfields."

 

Leo wasn't happy about hearing that there wasn't an emergency escape route, but it wasn't like he could do anything about it.

The car pulled in and stopped at the mansion.

The gates opened and the car pulled in, parking in front of the mansion.

 

 

Leo and Valentina got out and walked toward the mansion.

"Valentina, in case the foundation figures out that I am with you, what is your plan?" asked Leo.

"Oh, plan? I honestly don't have one." said Valentina in a casual tone.

 

Leo was once again dumbfounded, but this time he was also angry.

"The fuck do you mean you don't have one? Do you not realize that if the foundation comes we're both absolutely fucked?"

"Don't think that I don't realize that, I'm just too busy to make a plan."

"What about that Aria woman? Isn't she able to make a plan?"

 

"Nah, she doesn't have any tactical insight. Tell you what, you can make the plan if you want, just make sure it gets approved by me."

10