Calm Before the Storm – 1
68 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"QUIET DOWN YOU SH#TTY BRATS!!!"

This lovely statement traveled through the classroom in an attempt to silence the students. Seeing as how the students obediently listened to the teacher's words, he-

"But Mr. Pedago, if your character weren't absolute garbage, maybe we'd have enough respect to actually listen to you?"

Mr. Pedago opened his eyes wide and glared at the rude student. He hoped his glare and clenching teeth were enough to silence this ignorant peasant, but the student in question only rolled his eyes in exasperation. Witnessing this gesture for the umpteenth time irritated the teacher to no end. However, despite the negative feelings festering within his mind, he is an adult with a respectable position within the military academy. He will show these kids the perfectly calm attitude that's expected from a teacher who nurtures new-

"Since every single one of you STILL refuses to listen to me, I'll just have the class reiterate the history of our world!"

"Wait, seriously?"

"Not again!"

"How many times do we have to keep doing this...?"

"Seriously, this teacher is just downright trash."

"If you don't mind having sizable demerits added to your academic record, you can just refuse. For the others that DO mind... STOP SPEWING OUT GARBAGE!"

The calm and patient teacher then glared at the impertinent peasant that dared to show an attitude to this noble teacher earlier and said, "First, I'll have Alternis tell the class about the fall of our ancient, noble civilization and the subsequent events afterwards."

After giving out a sigh, Alternis stood up and answered sarcastically, "Yes, your benevolent majesty. I shall do my best to prove that you're lessons aren't just filled with empty prideful remarks that do nothing but waste time."

Seeing as how his beloved teacher became red in the face in anger and attempted to yell once more, he didn't keep up with his honorable compliments and continued in seriousness, "As the Technology Race was at its height of inventing tools of wonder, there appeared monsters with great strength and numbers. They displayed horrid hostility against the Techno Race and began slaughtering them by the hundreds. The Techno Race attempted to stage a counter-attack, but they were helpless before the hordes of nemeses. The unfortunate race of technology fell apart, leaving humanity to be helpless."

"You may be a wretch, but you're quite studious as always. If only you were an obedient noble, I would've given you the honor of being my assistant."

As Pedago was despairing with a virtuous expression on behalf of Alternis, the person who received these pure, noble feelings couldn't help but feel moved. Yes, he could finally see Pedago for who he really is: a worthy, ethical leader-

"I'd rather clean the dirty toilets for a month instead of having to put up with you. Anyway, should I keep going?"

"...You know what? That's a wonderful suggestion. Keep going. Just... DON'T STOP UNTIL I TELL YOU TO!!!"

'I guess this is what I get for continuing to run my mouth off to him. It's just... it's so enjoyable to make fun of him...'

As Alternis contemplates his potentially unhealthy addiction, he continued on with his explanation, "As humanity was on the verge of extinction, the Goddess Shahria blessed her people with the power of magic. Unlike the tools of technology, the magic spells had enough strength and utility to slaughter the monsters by the thousands. For once, the people began to unite and push back the forces of madness. In the process, villages, cities, and kingdoms were re-established by the new Magic Race."

"That's enough from you, orphaned trash. Next up... Torika! You continue Alternis's explanation."

As a bright-eyed, red-haired girl was called upon, she stood up, smiled, and yelled, "Yes, teacher! I'll do my best to help you learn about something that's commonly known by everybody!"

"This lesson is NOT for me, you waste-0f-space! Now hurry up and continue with the history!"

'This peasant needs to learn her place and drop the careless attitude!'

Even as Pedago thought of this in his head, the students in the class squinted their eyes and closed off their ears from the excessive amount of positivity being given off from Torika's behavior. As orphaned kids who're mandated by the government to go through military school, they didn't care for Torika's happy-go-lucky character. However, if she attracts the ire of their overly-narcissistic teacher alongside Alternis, who're they to complain? They'll just have to suck it up and deal with it.

"Yes, teacher! So, you see, the Magic Race started a new Renaissance of Magic and created countless spells and magical tools to be used against the monsters! At the height of their new civilization, they decided to combine magic with the remnants of technology! With the weak technology dragging down the pure and powerful magic, they became weak and started their own downfall! How stupid of them! That's why humanity was gradually ripped apart limb-by-limb-"

"That's enough, girl! Just... stop talking."

"Okay, teach!"

'How can she talk about the downfall of humanity with a smile on her face the whole time? Why don't I have any normal, humble, and obedient kids in my class?'

Failing to see the irony within his own thoughts, he proceeded to call the only student who respected him and fervently followed his ideals and teachings.

"Timmy! Finish off this explanation!"

The chubby student quickly stood up with eagerness shining within his eyes and said, "Of course, honorable sir! Your wish is my command! And sir?"

"What is it?"

He glared at Alternis while saying, "Should I teach the smelly garbage the true meaning of honor and discipline?"

"Seriously, this idiot is going at it again?"

"Putting up with the happy psycho is already enough to deal with, but this suck-up artist too?"

"This is proof that flies will be attracted to garbage."

While this pudgy, groveling student fiercely blushed in embarrassment and anger for the whole class to see, Pedago proceeded to think on his offer. Although Mr. Pedago was very moved by his student's offer and was tempted to accept it, starting and encouraging a fight between two students would ruin his prestigious reputation as an upstanding teacher. His chances of attaining the position as the head teacher's successor would be further diminished if he accepted this peasant's offer.

No matter how much his attitude pleases him on a daily basis, he refused, "That's enough, Timmy. You and your classmates' worries for my mental health is, as always, more than enough for me to keep going as a noble teacher!"

While the majority of the students showed a variety of cringed faces, Timmy was moved and said, "I'm glad to hear that, honorable sir!"

"Then, I shall continue the explanation! Ahem, as the Age of Magic began its downfall due to incorporating technology, His Majesty, King Bernarios, overthrew the reining Council of Magic. He barred technology, destroyed any research related to technology and its fusion with magic, and preserved humanity in the form of Finisten Kingdom."

"Excellent work, my pupil! Now, despite his best efforts, His Majesty was only able to preserve the seven great cities that this kingdom is made of. There's only so much he could do to preserve the remnants of humanity. Right now, we're still in a desperate fight to hold on against the forces of Chaos! That's why we have to even admit even simple-minded, teenage dregs of society into our revered military academy. Be grateful to our Fortuna City's government for allowing teenage peasants like you to be admitted into this academy and be taught by dedicated teachers like me!"

...He finally did it. The countless attempt he tried to get the students to understand the fact that they should worship him had all ended in failure. He couldn't get them to see the fact that should idolize him for even having deigned them his presence. But with this lesson, they'll finally realize the foolishness they were acting out-

"How many times has he done this?"

"I don't know, around 30?"

"Can't he just, I don't know... move on with the lessons that are actually important?"

"He doesn't even know that his attitude is anything but noble and graceful..."

"This hurts to watch, even after all this time."

...He despaired. He lamented the reality that these peasants are the ones who'll be getting the honor of utilizing humanity's greatest invention: Moltimania.

"That's it! Class is over! You're all hopeless! You'll realize the folly in your behaviors within the Moltimania test! I can't wait to see you desperately squirm in your preparation for it in the next few days! Hahahahahahahaha!"

After laughing like a two bit villain, he went to the door and said, "Just keep this in mind, Fortuna has no need for any leeches and trash that can't even become Tier One within its walls."

He finally left the class in a grim atmosphere.

How's my naming sense?
  • Excellent names!
  • It's alright.
  • My eyes are burning from how terrible they are!
  • Didn't pay much attention to them.
Total voters: 2 · This poll was closed on Apr 15, 2022 09:43 PM.
1