Mana Tower – 1
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

In accordance with the content warning, detailed depictions of violence will start appearing from this point onward. You have been warned.

After the elation passed, Alternis immediately followed his desires and started reading books for a week. The one advantage that the 'Sadistic Collector' has over other facilities is that it contains all of the knowledge from Moltimania's available occupations; any information about all of Moltimania's aspects can be found within the facility. In addition to the 'Last Cradle of Wisdom', he can easily get a head start on all of his other Unique Quests and swiftly 100% complete their tasks.

Dozens of books were read based on Mana Orbs, Types of Mana Circuits, Mana Core Foundation, Foundational Swordsmanship, Foundational Spearmanship, Beginner's Guide to Heavy Weaponry Handling, Metallurgy Origins, Basics of Armorsmithing, Basics of Weaponsmithing, Potion Brewing Basics, Tier 0 Enchantments, Mechanical Engineering, and many more topics. With this repertoire of knowledge, he'll be able to enter the production sector and obtain their aspects in a brisk pace without having to sacrifice on quality.

"Are you done with your preparations?"

At these words, he turned around and looked at Edgar, the librarian of 'Sadistic Collector'.

He replied, "Yeah, I'm going to head on over to 'Mystic Forces' and get my Mana Tower aspect."

"And then you'll be getting your Armory aspect from a weapon school, I heard about it. Speaking of which..."

The librarian put his hand into his back pocket and took out two letters.

"Mind if you deliver them to the people-in-charge as you swing by? You don't have to deliver them immediately."

"Sure, why not?"

He took the letters and put them into his pack. He looked back at the 'Sadistic Collector', briefly thought back to his experience with the library's locals. He dearly wished to stay behind and interact with these people more and continue to read books. However, without getting at least three aspects, he'll always be stuck at Tier 0 and fall far behind the others in future Tier Ascension Rituals. He then looked at his status once again.

Status
Name Alternis
Sex Male
Tier 0
Level 0
STR 12
DEF 3
SPD 13
VIT 12
DEX 222
INT 392
WIS 356
Skills
Name Type Level STR DEF SPD VIT DEX INT WIS
Unarmed Combat Combat 3 3 0 3 3 0 0 0
Swordsmanship 3 3 0 3 3 0 0 0
Shieldmanship 3 3 3 0 3 0 0 0
Spearmanship 3 3 0 3 3 0 0 0
Fire Orb 9 0 0 0 0 0 9 0
Wind Orb 9 0 0 0 0 0 9 0
Earth Orb 9 0 0 0 0 0 9 0
Water Orb 9 0 0 0 0 0 9 0
Running Support 4 0 0 4 0 0 0 0
Walking 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Reading 47 0 0 0 0 0 47 47
Mana Sense 15 0 0 0 0 0 15 15
Mana Manipulation 12 0 0 0 0 0 12 12
Meditation 19 0 0 0 0 0 19 19
Multitasking 23 0 0 0 0 23 23 23
Spell-weaving 6 0 0 0 0 0 6 6
Concentration 35 0 0 0 0 0 35 35
Decode 35 0 0 0 0 0 35 35
Writing 35 0 0 0 0 35 0 0

Last Cradle of Wisdom

Type

Unique Skill

Rank

Legendary

Tier

1

Description

You are the epitome of intelligence and wisdom. None, except the Goddess, may surpass you in memorizing and comprehending knowledge and insights. You are the bastion of sagacity and discernment.

Abilities

  • Memorial Records
    • Perfectly preserves and memorizes 500 books’ worth of writing
    • +1 INT for every book of writing preserved and memorized (164/500)
  • Perfect Recall
    • Quickly accesses any desired writing you have recorded into Memorial Records
  • Swift Duplication
    • Allows for the quick-reading of written works and rapidly copies it into Memorial Records
    • +1 DEX for every book copied into Memorial Records (164/500)
  • Quick Insight
    • Swiftly reach understanding with 5% of the maximum capacity of Memorial Records’ writing daily
    • +1 WIS for every book of writing comprehended (164/500)

The average stats of a fully-trained Tier 1 individual is around 150, and that only takes into account the stats that the individual chose to focus on. Yet, the lowest stat of all those he chose to work on the most is over 200. He has already exceeded the raw strength of a Tier 1 combatant as a Tier 0 'trash'. This has only further consolidated his conviction to go against the teachings of the academy.

He focused back on Edgar and said, "It's been an honor working with you."

"And I'm glad that I met you; makes me feel like there's still hope for humanity."

As we walked away from the 'Sadistic Collector', the image of the librarian and some of his assistants waving at himself in farewell was the last thing he saw before he returned back to the Town Square.

......

As he was walking across the center to enter 'Mystic Forces', the familiar scenes of students harassing the locals and getting themselves hauled off by the guards in handcuffs appeared in his sight. Thanks to Edgar for providing numerous books on technology, he roughly knew what these confusing items and structures are. He could see the numerous 5-6 story apartment buildings that surround the aspect facilities. He walked around the water fountain and passed by the numerous light posts, continuing to travel in the direction of 'Mystic Forces'.

'If the Finisten Kingdom hadn't shunned technology, would humanity's prospects have changed for the better?'

As he thought about this question, he arrived at the entrance of a large, tall tower and entered inside.

The first person he meets in the legendary source of magic aspects is the mighty-

"Hurry up and give me the Unique Skill!!!"

...Timmy. The unfortunate receiver of his unreasonable demands is a certain blue-haired lady, dressed in a Mystic Forces' assistant uniform: long, blue-hooded robes.

"L-like I said, you have to complete at least one-"

"All of your tasks are ridiculous!! It's all based on luck!!!"

He raised his hand and slapped her face with it. Alternis was shocked that he still had the audacity to mistreat the locals, especially when the security guards are doing strict patrols and arrests just outside the building. Despite the risk of having to waste time in a damp, dark cell, Timmy still went through with it. Even so, since he finally has the power to do something, he might as well step in.

"Stop right there-"

"That's it! I'm done putting up with you!!!"

The woman took out a small wand and continued, "I'll make sure pigs like you regret ever being born!"

A big ball of flames materialized in front of her and slowly engulfed the fat pig.

"W-wait, let's talk this out- Ouch! Ow! Wai- Please! Agh!! Wait!! WAI-aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!"

No matter where the piglet ran, whether it'd be the hallways of the facility or even the Town Square, the lady's flames stayed on him. They slowly burn away his outer tissue, exposing the supple, sensitive skin filled with a plethora of nerves. The flames slowly begin to roast this layer, bringing Timmy's pain to a whole new level and his screams multiple pitches higher. The pain was so great that he fell down a few paces away from the water fountain and couldn't get back up. All he could do is roll his slowly dwindling, pudgy body over the ground in a vain attempt to put out the fire.

As the fire was burning away his fluids and damaging his organs, the lady walked over to the well-done pig and said, "Don't worry, even if you die here, Moltimania's system will just revive you into a prison cell. So, please learn from this experience and treat us locals more kindly, okay?"

With the lady's beautiful, generous smile as the last scene to enter Timmy's memory, he died as a vague pig-shaped pile of charcoal.

She then turned to look at Alternis with that same smile and asked, "Can I help you?"

After being asked, Alternis did the only normal thing that any other student- no, individual would do, and ran away-

"Please teach me!"

"...I'm sorry, what?"

After this chapter, I will only post Alternis's Status and Skill Info in these notes. The only times that they'll appear in the chapters themselves will be after mini arcs, major arcs, or during relevant and important events.

0