Chapter 5; A lot of firsts
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I have been walking with Ellis for awhile now but we have seen nothing but trees and more trees though I do feel like something is following us. Ellis has not seemed to notice but I keep hearing more footsteps than we are supposed to have. I was going to address it but it is not like it is doing anything.

Suddenly I hear the footsteps rushing around before I see a creature jump out in front of me. It goes up to my hips, has triangle ears, long snouts, four legs, gray fur, and a big tail. It is just a big wolf. I think I am going to have to fight it. My first fight and I am not nervous I wonder why. I have a sword. 

I feel my hand itch and itch but it stops eventually and when I look down I do have a sword in my hand. I didn't think that would work. I take a slash at the wolf but it jumps back. I take a step forward and take another slash but it misses. I do it again and again and again while trying different methods up, down, left, right, diagonal, stabs, sweeps but the wolf just keeps dodging. Eventually I stop but not because I am out of breath or tired but because I keep hearing something and it is getting louder and louder.

As I stop it stops but then I hear it again as the wolf moves a step back but it was very light sound. I resume attacking and at some point the wolf attacks with a swipe of a paw but I block it with my sword. With my sword under its paw I quickly pull the blade slicing into the paw. For some reason everything slows down by a lot. My eyes are quickly drawn to the wolf's paw and I watch it bleed and as I watch a single drop of bleed fall to the ground everything goes loud.

The sound I heard rings in my head and many others join with it. Time seems to go back to normal but the sounds continues and that's when I notice the sounds are music. I blank my mind filled with questions of why music is playing until I hear a certain sound in the song that compels me to sidestep to the left.

I comply because it feels natural and that's when I look up. I had somehow dodged the wolf without looking and it takes me a second to realize the music had made me dodge it. I blank again my mind filled with endless questions and once again a sound compels but it was different this time. It wanted me to attack and I did because again it felt natural.

I once again look up and realize the wolf has a long shallow cut on its side dripping a lot of blood. This time it does not take a second for me to realize the music made me do it. This time my mind does not blank. This time I decide to accept it and listen. For some reason the song gets louder and sharper but I ignore it.

The wolf turns to face me and glares. I glare back. A sound tells me to step forward and I listen. The wolf backs up. A sound tells me to slash and I slash. The wolf now has a shallow cut on its head. I then realized I had gotten faster because before I would have never hit the wolf with something as simple as a slash. The music again gets louder and sharper but I ignore it again. 

Our fight continues but this time is different from before. My attacks are able to hit the wolf and while the wolf attacks sometimes it is easy to dodge with the music. After a while the wolf is covered in shallow cuts, bleeding for every inch of it's body, for some reason the music never told me to stab and the cuts are never more than shallow.

I decide it is time to finish the fight so I go for the kill. I rush forward and take a stab at the wolf's head. The music that has grown louder with every cut on the wolf tells me to stop and I almost do but not because it feels natural but because it had some force to it. It was not compelling it was commanding.

The music continues to try and make me stop until the blade is in the wolf's brain. For some reason the music went away as soon as the wolf was dead. I pull the blade for the wolf's head and its body falls down with a wet thud and then words fill my vision.

[Lvl 2 Wolf slain]

[Calculating exp]

[Calculating exp]

[ERROR Level not calculated]

[Exp withheld]

[Congratulations! Class has been found]

[Class Dancer(Unique) has been bestowed]

[Class needs own page]

[Generating]

[Generating]

[This will take awhile]

[Warning! Class's ERROR can't be used while page is generating.]

[ERROR! Class's ERROR used before does not exist]

[Deleting Class's ERROR]

[ERROR solved]

[Warning! Withheld exp discarded]

I will the messages away and began to think.

I got a class but I lost whatever that error was and my exp is gone though the exp probably wouldn't have been much plus it would only be usable later so all in all I feel like this worked out. Well now what to do. Hmm . . . Oh! I got it. Let's go to a town. It might be fun but I should tell other first.

Before I could I felt my eyes drifting to the blooded wolf corpse. Its blood was pooling soaking into the grass turning it red. Then I heard a rattle and then another rattle and then my eyes were flashed with a color I can only explain to be the darkest light. It then flashed again but this time it felt like it was only around my body consuming me and finally it flashed one last time and now I was somewhere new.

Around was the dark light from before it was like I was in a void. Then something appeared, it appeared like it was always there. In front of me were chains but they weren't normal. They were wrapped around something and all but one looked blurry like I wasn't allowed to look at them. It was a blood red chain that seemed to be leaking a deep red blood mist.

Then it moved and rattled and it did it again and again and again till it finally snapped. With it being snapped it finally moved from what it was wrapping. I still couldn't tell what it was and it didn't help that my eyes were glued to the chain. It had slithered like a snake from the whatever it was wrapping towards me before stopping and shooting straight up. 

It slowly stopped in a vertical line before changing. The mist it was leaking got thicker for a moment so much so I couldn't see through it before it dissipated showing it was now in spikes then it did the same trick but this time it gained a serrated edge and finally it did it one more time but this time I couldn't tell what it did before it shoot at me like and arrow toward what I could only tell to be my core.

I got a sharp pain in my core as it creaked and groaned somehow letting the chain in and once it got in the pain and surrounding faded and I was back in the forest. I saw the star in the sky which meant not a lot of time passed but that wasn't what was on my mind it was why I didn't get anything for my pain.

[Personal Skill; Chains of Blood Lust unlocked]

Oh there it is.

This chapter feels wrong but I don't know why

0