Chapter 2 – A Father’s Question
363 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Doran put on his clothes, relieved to get rid of the sweat on his body. After drying his hair with a towel, he opened the door and went out. Marry was standing by the door, waiting for him. She bowed when she saw her Young Master.

 

“Young master, your Father invites you to the main hall for dinner”

 

"I understand"

 

And he began to walk the corridors of the castle leading to the Main Hall.

 

While Doran was taking a bath, he had seriously considered telling his new family everything. But it wasn't the right time to do that, he decided. He felt like he was cheating on them, but there was nothing he could do. Especially his mother, his mother in this body was like a twin to his mother in the old world. The first time he saw her, he wept like a baby.

 

With these thoughts he entered the main hall of the castle.

 

The table was quite a long one that could be used for big balls. In the chair at the head of the table sat his father, Duke Albert. To his right is his mother, Elizabeth. But it wasn't just the two of them sitting at the table. His father had two more wives. These were Eve and Ashe. Unlike the old world, polygamy was quite common in this world. Especially among the nobility and wealthy merchants.

 

Doran's mother was the official wife of Duke Albert. Only the children of official wives had the right to inherit. Contrary to clichés, his father's wives were not trying to undermine each other. Other women viewed and respected Elizabeth as their older sister.

 

Although Dora had two siblings, a girl and a boy, they were too young to sit at the table, so their meals were fed by the servants.

 

Seeing that Doran was late for dinner and everyone was waiting for him to start, he quickly took a seat to the left of his father.

 

“How was training with Edward?”

 

“It was very good, I got the basics, we will continue tomorrow.”

 

His father nodded at Doran's words and gestured to the butler beside him to begin serving the food.

 

“Don't you think you're a little too hard on him? He just got better.” Elizabeth said in a worried voice.

 

Doran's heart warmed when he realized how worried she was for him by her mother's tone. After his mother's death, he missed him terribly, and he was sitting across from her now. It was truly a miracle.

 

“Wife, the best doctors in the Duchy said he's okay, we can't let him waste these years at the ideal age for his education,” said lord Albert sweetly. Lord Albert was known for his fondness for his wife.

 

Elizabeth turned to Doran when she realized that her attempt had failed.

 

“Doran, how about going on a picnic to the nearby lake for the weekend?” Elizabeth continued, glancing at Albert from the corner of her eye. “You always wanted to go there before you got sick.”

 

“It's okay if we're going to fish crab together, Mom,” said Doran.

 

When his memories merged with the owner of this body, he knew all of his memories. Doran loved to fish crab in the lake with his mother. When the first memories attacked his brain, he was madly jealous of the owner of those moments. Since his own mother was busy with work, they did not spend much time with him.

 

“Of course I will,” Elizabeth said with a big smile on her face.

 

Lord Albert's face crumpled as these conversations went on between mother and son. But before the people at the table noticed this change in his face, he went back to his old self.

 

Doran had chatted with his mother and stepmothers throughout the meal. When the meal was over, Lord Albert stood up.

 

“Doran come to my study, we have something to talk about,” he said, and turned and left the Main room.

 

Doran began to follow his father after him. His father's study was on the second floor. They came into the study without speaking to each other. The servants at the door opened the door to the room. Doran and his Father entered the room.

 

The room was quite large for a study room. There were hundreds of books on the floor-to-ceiling shelves. The desk was the size of a tall human.

 

Lord Albert took his seat at the desk. He gestured to the servants in the room to step out.

 

Lord Albert took a long look at his son before him.

 

Although Doran was uncomfortable with this situation, he tried not to show it.

Finally, Lord Albert began to speak in a calm tone.

 

"Who are you? And what have you done to my son?”

 

Seeing that Doran was not speaking after a long silence, Lord Albert continued.

 

“I know my son. My Doran wasn't a very bright boy. But it is quite strange that after he survived an incurable disease as if nothing had happened, he suddenly turned into a genius and changed his demeanor. You are not a ghost. Ghosts cannot access the memories of the body they have captured, but you know everything Doran knows. I'm pretty sure Doran wasn't controlled by magic either. Maverick cast all possible analysis spells on you. If there was any magic, it would definitely come out.”

 

Lord Albert took a deep breath. His anger was evident. But he sighed back and asked again in a calm tone.

 

“I ask again, who are you? And I hope your answer satisfies me or nothing good will happen.”

12