Chapter 12 -Leon Kingdom’s Decision
225 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Terras, the capital of the kingdom of Leon, was the most populous city in the Kingdom. Although this city was quite far from the coast of the Ocean, it benefited greatly from the trade with the Azia continent. The city was built on a completely flat plain. To the west of the city was the palace where the king who ruled the kingdom stayed.

 

The throne room of the palace was adorned with every luxurious decoration that could be found. But those in the throne room were not interested in this decoration. Everyone's faces were serious and sullen. Finally, King Edmund, sitting on the throne, slapped his hand on the side of the throne.

 

“Albert, that bastard finally did it.” he cursed.

 

The throne room became even quieter at the king's words. In the room were the generals of the kingdom, the royal advisers, and the two 7. tier cultivators of the kingdom of Leon. These Tier 7 cultivators were the most relaxed with the unfolding events. Their names were Abel and Ethan.

 

Although Abel appears to be in his early 30s, royal records will tell you that he is at least 150 years old. He was a fair-skinned, blond-haired man. Although he was of royal blood, his blood was very distant, so he was not in a position to ascend to the throne. But a Tier 7 cultivator always had a weight in the Kingdom.

 

Ethan, on the other hand, enlisted in the army when he was an orphan. When the royal family noticed his talent, they helped him gather appropriate cultivator techniques and other resources.

He had short black and dark hair. He had a remarkable structure because it exceeded 2 meters in height and his body was covered with muscles.

 

King Edmund scrutinized the throne room with his eyes, then took a deep breath and asked.

 

"What should we do? Is there anyone have an idea?" he asked.

 

Neither the advisors nor the Generals had an appropriate answer to this question. While the prospect of war with the Oswolt kingdom was at its height, a significant portion of the kingdom had rebelled and established itself as a kingdom. This situation literally tied their hands. If they attacked Vartica, the kingdom of Oswolt would never miss such an opportunity, and they would directly enter the kingdom of Leon through the border they would leave defenseless. But they were also unsure of whether they would be able to repel an incoming attack in a possible war with the Oswolt kingdom if they could not enlist the help of the Vartica.

 

The silence in the throne room enraged King Edmund, but he remained silent.

 

Finally, Ebal began to speak, coughing.

 

“Albert caught us well. In this case, there is nothing we can do against Vartica. In fact, we should declare that we recognize them as soon as possible and request their help in a possible war.”

 

Had these words been spoken by anyone other than Abel or Ethan, he might have been accused of treason and beheaded. But who would kill Abel? It also what he said seemed like the most logical thing to do.

 

“Any other ideas?”

 

When King Edmund was met with silence again, he shouted, "Okay, get out, You’re useless." said.

 

Abel and Ethan didn't take his words harshly and continued to sit in their seats. Because even a king couldn't speak to Layer 7 in that tone.

 

When the people in the room left, only Ethan, Abel, and King Edmund were left in the room. King Edmund rose from his seat and came to Abel and Ethan's side.

 

“Uncle, is there really no other way?” ' King Edmund asked.

 

“Edmund, you don't know Albert. I stayed in Vartica for a while,humm it was 20 years ago. When he was only 16-17 years old, I realized what a smart man he was. He was playing the nobles who stayed with me in his hands. Would such a clever man take a step without planning everything? Also, I think He is already reached the seventh tier.”

 

These words left King Edmund's mouth hanging open. If there was a Tier 7 person on the Vartica side, it would have turned everything upside down. The Oswolt kingdom had 2 Tier 7 cultivators. And another Layer 7 to add to the equation would change everything.

 

"If we do as you say, I feel like we're leaving the fate of the Kingdom to Albert." said King Edmund.

 

Ebal sighed heavily.

 

“There is nothing we can do for the moment. But as I said, Albert is a smart man andknows that if he leaves the kingdom of Leon alone in possible war, the kingdom of Oswolt’s next target will be Vartica. It will most likely he will try to maintain the current situation.”

 

After thinking about Ebal's words, King Edmund found it logical. Ebal continued to speak.

 

“We must sign an agreement as soon as possible. The news has already reached Oswolt. If this uncertainty prolongs, the kingdom of Oswolt may attack.”

“The bastard will definitely want us to relocate Army headquarters. I could swear he's already started building a wall at the pass." King Edmund said and clasped his hands.

 

“There is nothing we can do, we must prepare a delegation immediately. In addition, their wishes may not be limited to this. Humm…” Abel interrupted. And he started to think.

 

"What did you think?"

 

“Albert had a son, didn't he? How old is he now?”

 

"If I'm not mistaken, he will be coming age in a few months, why what happened?."

 

“Your sister Ashley is past marriageable age, and if the two of them get married, Albert's child may be closer to the Royal family in the future. It can also be an important trump card in the signed agreement.”

 

King Edmund thought of Ebal's words.

 

“They would never accept her as his official wife.”

 

“It's not that important, the feelings that occur when a woman and a man sleep in the same bed are enough for us. We're not trying to seize their lands. We're just trying to turn Albert's son's ideas parallel the Kingdom."

 

“But, Asley has royal blood no matter what. To give as a concubine would be to dishonor the royal blood.”

 

“Edmund, I don't think you understood the gravity of the situation. The kingdom of Oswolt is looking for an opening to climb over us. If we don't go to Albert with a good offer, we may not see the next year." said.

 

Ebal glanced at Ethan, who hadn't even opened his mouth the entire time. Ethan didn't really like politics, so he usually stayed out of situations like this. If you ask Ethan, he would prefer to study cultivation techniques in a training ground right now.

 

“Ethan, you will lead this delegate. In this way, we will have a chance to learn about Albert's tier.”

13