Chapter 14
220 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the past 4 years, Doran had improved a lot in magic. A few days had passed since his father's declaration in Ivarta Square. But not much had changed in Doran's life. The magic lessons with Maverick were still going on.

His father was very busy due to the declared independence. Therefore, morning conversations had been suspended for the last few days. Because of this, his lesson with Maverick started earlier. With the long time spent together, he had become closer to Maverick.

Maverick deduced that something was going on from Doran's extraordinary development and strange ideas, but he hadn't spoken a word about it.

Over time, Doran had gained a deeper and broader understanding of mana.

“Maverick, I finally finished my project,” Doran said excitedly. The project he had been working on for a few months was finally finished, and he was dying to show it to Maverick.

"Which one?" ' Maverick asked. Because Doran had many projects. They were even researching some projects together. Doran's knowledge and perspective sometimes astonished Maverick.

"The Manaputer I was talking about the other day," said Doran excitedly.

When Maverick heard the word 'Manaputer', he remembered the conversation they had with Doran.

“I don't understand why you're so excited about this. There are already spells that we can take notes, write even cominicate. Better learn a few more spells for self-defense instead.”

Doran could understand Maverick's thought. It was quite normal that Maverick could not understand how valuable this invention was, as he skipped many details while describing this project.

“Maverick, I don't think you understand the impact this could have.”

“Oh, enlighten me then,” said Maverick, leaning against his chair.

Doran took a metal box with strange runes from his storage-ring and placed it on the table. He activated the device with his mana.

When the metal box was activated, the runes inscribed on the top of the box turned blue. And a screen appeared in front of Doran. It looked like a floating monitor. Doran touched something on this floating screen, and the screen turned white, and a keyboard-like part appeared at the bottom of the screen. he wrote something and turned to Maverick, who was sitting in the chair.

“Okay, you've made great progress in Design,” said Maverick. Seeing how the device in front of him is used.

Magical tools used to communicate were often a piece of parchment. And whatever you wrote would be delivered to the other side. But seeing what Dora had done, he could see that this design was more useful. He could also see that the device used the surrounding mana as power.

“I haven't even started yet, maverick. Do you read what is written on the screen?”

Maverick turned his head to the floating screen and read what was written.

It read, "His Majesty Albert said the war was going well."

Seeing that the maverick was still confused, Doran continued.

“Maverick, let's say, Let's connect this device with a different device and you can see everything written on this screen from other devices. And you know that it's not that hard."

Slowly, Maverick began to get excited. This is a concept he's heard for the first time. Doran continued.

“Let's say we make this tool pretty cheap. For example, a farmer in Vartica can buy one. Can you imagine the possibilities this will open up.”

Maverick is starting to get a little confused now. Just then, Doran struck the finishing blow.

“Also, you don't have to be a mage to use this tool. Tier 1 cultivator can activate with inner mana and used as he wishes.”

“This.. is Genius.”

During Doran's speech, Maverick had thought of so many uses that he was momentarily shocked. Was he really that blind? What stood before him was something that could completely change people's lives. And he hadn't seen it the first time Doran had told him.

Just as Doran was about to ask what he thought about it, they learned the fact that the two of them had not noticed James, who had come up to them because of this ambitious talk.

“Prince Doran, His Highness invites you to the study. He has an urgent matter to discuss with you.” he said he

When Doran looked in the direction of the voice, he saw his father's valet, James.

His title had been changed to the prince after the day of the Declaration, Doran wondered how he had n't noticed James. One of the most important qualities of a Mage was that he could sense things around him with changes in mana. Then he looked at Maverick and saw that he was in the same situation. I think I was a little excited when I was describing the project, he thought.

"Okay, I am coming." After saying that, he turned to MAvericke.

“Well, what do you think?”

“We need to talk about this with Majesty right away. This Manaputer can change life's all aspects in Vartica. Even World!” he said. There was an unconcealable excitement in his voice.

"Why don't we go together then, we can talk."

Maverick nodded and started walking with Doran's father's study.

—----------

“I think I just called Doran,” he asked.

When Maverick heard this question, he felt the need to explain himself.

“I came to talk about Dora's new project, if it's private, should I go out?”

“Come on Maverick. There is nothing secret in this duc..." Albert made a blunder, forgetting exactly that he was now a king.

“Uh-hm kingdom”

Maverick had a hard time not laughing at this. Doran came to his father's rescue and asked a question.

"Why did you call me father?"

Albert cleared his throat and spoke.

“The kingdom of Leon sent a delegate to sign a treaty with us. They're on their way right now and they're coming here.”

“Oh, they're pretty fast.”

“The reason I summoned you is the plan of the kingdom of Leon. You're coming of age in a few weeks. Because the kingdom of Leon knows this, they send a princess to be your wife. I called to ask your opinion on this matter.”

When Doran heard these words, he was stunned. Although he was 21 years old in his old world, he had never had a girlfriend. And he didn't quite know what to do.

“What's her name? And what do you think about it?” Doran asked.

"if you ask me, we'd be getting that poor girl out of that hell."

"What do you mean?"

“The girl's name is Ashley, she is constantly bullied and subjected to violence in the palace because of her mother's identity. She is trying to survive on her own since she lost her parents.”

“Father, how do you know so much?”

Doran's words made Albert laugh.

“Ahaha, I know most of the events going on in the palace of the kingdom of Leon better than the king. You think I made the declaration of independence without knowing the consequences, "

“Wait, they want her to be an official wife?” asked Doran.

"No, they know we won't accept it, so they send it as a concubine."

"What? Did they go crazy?"

It was very rare for a princess not to be an official wife. Albert continued.

“I think they're in a pretty tough situation. Perhaps we can ask for more in the negotiations.”

“Well, for now, I just called you to let you know about it we can decide later. We should also talk to you more deeply about the establishment of a parliament. But that can wait for now too.”

Albert looked curiously at Maverick, then at Dorana.

“Why does this invention require you to talk to me?”

10