Chapter 16 – Party
194 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Doran stood to his father's right as the delegates entered the door. The main hall was prepared for the party to take place. Mana lamps, which were developed jointly by Maverick and Doran, were specially hung on the walls. These lamps were much easier to make and use than the old mana-lamps.

 

As the delegates began to slowly enter the hall, Doran turned his attention to the people entering. From his conversations with his father, he knew who was leading the delegate. Ethan, the 7th tier cultivator of the Kingdom of Leon. His father had said that the kingdom probably had sent Ethan to check his cultivation.

 

Therefore, when the more than two meters giant entered through the main hall door, he began to examine him carefully. Ethan was huge. His body was covered with muscles. Although he could send his mana and find out more things, he kept his curiosity to himself as it would be too rude to do so.

 

Turning his head to examine the other attendants, he saw the only woman in the delegate. Doran paused for a moment when he saw Ashley. She was one of the most beautiful girls he had ever seen in his two lifetimes. Ashley had long, straight blonde hair that came down to the waist of the blue dress she was wearing. As he study her face, he saw that she was looking at him too. The two of them stared at each other for a few seconds. Then Ashley averted her eyes and continued walking.

 

After everyone came before the throne and greeted the King, his father got up from the throne and held out his hand before Ethan. It was his father's challenge to Ethan. When they shake hands the muscles in Ethan's arms could be seen contracting.

 

After the two remained like this for a while, King Albert spoke.

 

"Let's eat first, then move on to the negotiation date and drinks." 

 

Albert gestured with his hand to the long table set beside the hall, where the dinnerware was ready and began to walk.

 

Doran walked cautiously to his father's side. An outsider might mistake Ethan and his father for old friends. But, if you carefully examine the way Albert and Ethan shook hands, one will realize that the two were constantly testing each other. Doran hadn't missed these details. But things could not get out of hand for the Kingdom of Leon. For they know that if they mess these up, the consequences will be dire.

 

Doran sat down to his father's right. Opposite him was his mother, Elizabeth.

 

He had noticed that his mother was eyeing Ashley from time to time. 'I think she's evaluating my future bride,' Doran thought.

 

After talking to his father, Doran seriously thought about his marriage to Ashley, but he still could not make a clear decision on this matter. It would be sending Ashley back to that hell if he turned down the proposal. If he was honest with himself, he liked what he saw a little bit. While Doran was preoccupied with these thoughts, the servants began to serve the food.

 

On the Vartica side, there was no general in the party. After the declaration of independence, the generals quickly lead the troops to guard the pass. But almost all of Vartica's high-ranking officials were here. This included Maverick.

 

After the meal, everyone got up from the table and dispersed to the main hall in small groups, and started talking. Doran, Maverick, and Albert are converse with Ethan to set a negotiation date. Alongside Ethan was King Edmund's brother - Roland.

 

As soon as Doran saw Roland, he wanted to punch him in the face. He didn't bother to hide the contemptuous look in his eyes. When the negotiation date was set as 3 days after this day, Doran left his father's side and went to Ashley. If he stood next to Roland any longer, he might not be able to control his hands.

 

Ashley was standing alone in the Hall, not speaking to anyone.

 

“Why are you alone?” he asked. When he approaches her.

 

"I don't know many people, Mr...."

 

“Doran, but you already know that.”

 

“You know my name too. And the reason I am here!” Ashley replied. Although the Kingdom of Leon had not officially made the marriage proposal, it was known to the kingdom that King Albert has many spies. Ashley was sure that Doran already knew everything.

 

Doran nodded slightly.

 

“What do you think of this marriage?” asked Doran. He wants to know her thoughts on this.

 

Ashley did not expect such a question. Generally, women were unlikely to choose who they would marry if they were not genius cultivators or mages, especially in noble families.

 

"I do not know. What about you,” Ashley said honestly.

 

Doran smiled at the question.

 

“Ms. Ashley, I am a man, of course, I would not say no to marrying a beautiful woman like you. But that does not mean I will ignore your wishes. If you are dissatisfied with this marriage, Vartica may reject the marriage proposal.”

 

As Doran spoke, he studied Ashley's reactions. She blushed a little when she heard the compliment at the beginning of his speech. 

 

“No, I mean… I do not know you well enough to decide.”

 

“How about we get to know each other until the negotiations are over? At least you will have an idea about me. I am assuming you have not been to Ivarta before,  would you like to tour Ivarta with me tomorrow?”

 

“I would be happy to join you,” Ashley replied. She wanted to visit Ivarta and get to know Doran better. For that, this was a rather good opportunity.

 

After arranging the meeting time and place, Doran excuses himself and left.

 

He came over to his mother, who are speaking to Ashe and Eve at the edge of the main hall. Elizabeth spoke when she saw her son approaching them.

 

“I think you met your bride, what is she like?”

 

“We agreed to tour the city tomorrow. As for my impression? It is a little early for me to comment on that, but she seems like a nice girl."

 

"Don't forget to bring her to the Castle tomorrow, I want to meet her too," she said eagerly.

 

While Elizabeth and Doran were talking about this, Albert got out of the conversation with the others and came to the mother and son side. Hearing them talk about Ashley, he broke in.

 

“Hey, can't you be a little more excited about this deal? The future of Vartica depends on it. You know, don't you?" he asked jokingly.

 

“Dear, that is your job. I think more of Doran's future,” Elizabeth said with a smile.

 

Albert turned to his son and asked.

 

“Doran, you still have not informed me of your decision. If you do not want the marriage, we can cancel it, we have nothing to lose on this marriage?"

 

Doran turned to his father and began to speak.

 

“It is fine with me, but I do not want to force Ashley into a marriage she does not want. “

 

“That is my son, a gentleman as always,” Elizabeth said. She seemed quite happy with her son's response.

 

The party was over without further ado. And the delegate sent by the Kingdom of Leon set out for the inn where they were staying. Doran watched Ashley get in the carriage and exit the castle. He was a little excited for tomorrow's Date.

 


You can check my Patreon for advance chapters.

9